Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Center/guard Chris Reed

well for those that are pushing for a tank you can't say tank better than a guy that wasn't good enough to start on a bad oline coming in and people actually talking about it. Now we need a guy who was a backup on the Cardinals oline.
We’re gonna link every transaction to the tank narrative? God help us

Reminds me when we drafted RT and hired his head coach the same year as our Offensive Coordinator. Neither were that impressive in college at that time to be both a 1 st round pick and a head coordinator. It just didn't make sense. So this player failed to improve under the same former coach he played for in Jacksonville. Hum.

Neither one of us have even a half a clue as to this guy or the Coach that was with him in Jacksonville. Christ give these guys a chance before coming down on them....Maybe Flaherty is a quality coach and saw some good stuff in the 27 year old...

Potential starter ?????
Solid backup ????
Extra body for practice ????

Bottom line we just don't know yet....

Neither one of us have even a half a clue as to this guy or the Coach that was with him in Jacksonville. Christ give these guys a chance before coming down on them....Maybe Flaherty is a quality coach and saw some good stuff in the 27 year old...

Potential starter ?????
Solid backup ????
Extra body for practice ????

Bottom line we just don't know yet....

We know it didn't work in Jacksonville don't we!

We’re gonna link every transaction to the tank narrative? God help us

no just the guys that were crap o-lineman that we're not . good enough to start on a crap oline. This is a post about the dolphins signing a player so I would assumeThis comments about that player would follow one way or another. I mean what should be said about this player at this point

If he had done well elsewhere would it also be inappropriate to talk about how good a player he was and what a great signing it was

Last edited:
So we hire an OL Coach (Flaherty) who coached a crap o-line in Jacksonville??!!! Sounds fitting

Come on you can't judge him by his own crappy work we should be optimistic that his past 2 jobs were aberrations.

Well, oline depth never hurts, gotta dig through some dirt to find gems.

Longshot but hey, just maybe with an entirely new coaching staff, we start becoming a team that once promising rejects from other teams head to and actually get coached up and play decently. If any of the Bill B (hate spelling his last name) funk rubbed off on Flores it seems within the realm of possibility at least. Dont wake me.

Come on you can't judge him by his own crappy work we should be optimistic that his past 2 jobs were aberrations.
He did have a long stint with the Giants. Helped them win 2 SB's. A 1 year stint in SF, where the year before they had one of the worst OL in the league. I think they ended up like 28th with Flaherty, and a 2 year stint in JAX. Just for some context. Not sure how much improving you can do in 1 year and 2 years respectively.

Although the oline in jacksonville was middle of the road in 2017 and pretty awful in 2018. And unless Miami picks up some quality players, it's going to be tough for Flaherty to do much this season either. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Longshot but hey, just maybe with an entirely new coaching staff, we start becoming a team that once promising rejects from other teams head to and actually get coached up and play decently. If any of the Bill B (hate spelling his last name) funk rubbed off on Flores it seems within the realm of possibility at least. Dont wake me.

Don’t wake me is how I feel when I dream of Murray. :offtopic:

Oh wait is this the we're building the solid team period of day or are we still in the lose as much as possible time period....
LOL I tell ya we've all gone coco and thats not for coco for coco puffs....

Truthfully think I can fairly say that most before a month ago never even heard of Flaherty (me included).
I happen to see in the Jags forum for what its worth that the coach did pretty good with making an OL with 3&4th stringers and a new LT the previous year. Last year had its share of injuries, one I heard of was Norwell who I really wanted us to get... So I don't know and at present giving Flores the benefit of doubt and Flaherty a clean slate along with the new G....Maybe wait to see something , anything of actual Dolphin reality before making my decision.

Funny, 8 months, a year ago some people were so upset with me for being so critical of RT and Gase.. Just seems to make sense that you need to see actual stuff in order to praise or condemn and we haven't seen much of Jack S at this point to be so critical IMO....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom