Dolphins Sign Dwayne Allen, Formerly Of The Patriots

cullenbigcstill

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
LOL I stand corrected again. My point remains though.
Everyone talked him up as the best blocking TE in the draft and they kept talking about it during preseason until we all saw what we saw, just like I've posted it takes most rooks a few years to figure their niche out.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

Dwayne Allen TE, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed TE Dwayne Allen to a two-year, $7 million contract.
Allen had interest from multiple teams after his Patriots release. The Dolphins are counting on a second-year leap from Mike Gesicki, but Allen should slot in as the primary in-line tight end ahead of Nick O'Leary. 29-year-old Allen could have a larger pass game role with Miami after being limited to blocking in New England.

CRIOS

Formerly: A&O
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Will our Dolphins become a revamped New England Patriots?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Best movie ever.

Without question the film I've watched the most times in my life. By a wide margin too.

I still struggle to comprehend Landfill's resurrection but I try to ignore it.
I'm guessing you've never seen The Godfather?

HopaLong

Rookie
Reaction score
Another thing to remember is that by signing a waived veteran, it won't count against potential comp picks in the draft.

People complain about all the comp picks the Pats get, but there is a formula, and they just know how to use it to their advantage. Maybe we'll start playing the system more too.

CRIOS

Formerly: A&O
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Dwayne Allen = More 1st Downs!

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
I've been a fan of his since his college days. Crowded TE group which makes it not the most exciting of pickups but a solid addition nonetheless.

Can't believe so many people bickering at the salary either. Ok, maybe 2.5 would have been more fair. It's not a lot of money either way for someone who is instantly a likely starter

SCLSU Mud Dogs

ಠ_ಠ
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Overpaying an ex Patriot ... anyone else have dèjá vu?

Someone explain to me how that resumé gets you $3.5 per. Vet minimum everywhere else ... decent payday in Miami. They never learn.

Whatever ... it's only $7 total and he'll be the best TE on the team by default. Could be worse I guess (I say that so much it's lost all meaning).
A blocking tight end in Baltimore just got $6M per year. Ed Dickson last season got paid slightly more per year.

He absolutely would not have gotten the vet minimum anywhere else. You're complaining about something that's not worth complaining about.

Top Bottom