Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson

Micah Johnson is an awesome linebacker in Madden when you turn penalties off and line him up on the other side of the line of scrimmage next to the running back before every snap. Otherwise his speed becomes a little bit of an issue...

to me - this goes to show you how overblown crowder's 'horrible' pass coverage is. it ain't that bad. since those knees have gotten worse its been a little precarious out there - but he isn't exactly a liability in coverage. his biggest issue in coverage is he's a tad slow to react - and having lost a step b/c of those knees - he looked bad last year. but he was also forced to cover way too long last season via our horrendously inconsistent pass rush - and was hurt like all year - so whatever. (i know. excuses, excuses)

this is the same crowder that virtually never comes off the field since zach left - in the nickel and the dime. he isn't that bad out there. give the man some consistent pass rush and he'll be fine.

and we could always pull bell up to the LOS and replacing him with culver.

i like this signing. loved to watch johnson play in college - he takes people's heads off. reminds me a lot of beau bell from UNLV a few years back - another guy i really liked.

Micah Johnson as goal-line weapon

[video=youtube;LgRkWVEKRvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRkWVEKRvc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Micah Johnson is an awesome linebacker in Madden when you turn penalties off and line him up on the other side of the line of scrimmage next to the running back before every snap. Otherwise his speed becomes a little bit of an issue...

what in the ... ? :lol:

Micah Johnson was measured at 6'1 5/8" and 258 pounds at his pro day. He ran only a 4.84 and a 4.9 in the 40, did 31 reps on the bench press, had 32" arms and 9 1/4" hands

No doubt. As a late rounder, he was a low risk/high reward type. But with Dobbins and Crowder, his skillset is redundant.

don't be embarrassed by liking him. he was great in college. we do run a 3-4 - having thumpers on the inside is exactly what you want.

two big concerns - speed and health. i knew he was slow but i didn't know he was THAT slow. strictly 2 down guy. health wise - who knows. i liked him in the 5th round range i believe last year - until i found about that 40 time that is.

Dobbins is a good enough player not to be pigeon-holed like that though. Despite Tim's being a banger, he DOES have 4.60 type speed. That gives his some versatility in the system. He was working behind Crowder while Edds worked behind Dansby, but what's happened in the wake of this is that Dobbins is now being shifted over to Dansby's position and he'll probably be primary backup at both spots. With Dobbins shifted over, that leaves the SILB ("Mike") spot open again. While Austin Spitler picks his (freshly surgeried) nose, the Dolphins went ahead and grabbed someone that can be the kind of banger needed to play that vacated SILB spot in practice.

don't be embarrassed by liking him. he was great in college. we do run a 3-4 - having thumpers on the inside is exactly what you want.

two big concerns - speed and health. i knew he was slow but i didn't know he was THAT slow. strictly 2 down guy. health wise - who knows. i liked him in the 5th round range i believe last year - until i found about that 40 time that is.

That's about where I pegged him as well. If he can stay healthy, he may be able to break the rotation of a 3-4 defense somewhere. But like I said, with Crowder and Dobbins, he's going to have a tough time sticking here.

Back
Top Bottom