Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign LB Micah Johnson

Guys,,,Guys...Our season doesn't ride on Micah Johnson...he is just a body right now.

hoops if i knew how i absolutely would. CK had some cut ups in the draft forum that showed some of those. i don't even know how to post a link. i need to get uncomputer retarded.

Micah is perfect the role of thumper in our offense. I imagine he isn't to replace Edds' role, but rather back up Crowder and compete with Spitler and Folsom for that 4th ILB spot, if they choose to keep one. If something were to happen to Crowder, he would be a great depth player at that spot, with I imagine Dobbins going to the starting spot there.

Spitler has some speed on him at the ILB spot, but not a ton of physicality. Interesting matchup of contrasting styles, but one I think Spitler will win eventually simply due to more speed and playmaking ability. Johnson's skill set is readily available on the waiver wire (precisely where we got him from obviously).

Spikes was absolutely that slow on tape... it's just whether you chose to see it or not...

Spikes INT's came from standing no more than 3 yards off the LOS in throwing lanes designed by Charlie Strong... he never ran stride for stride with anybody...

He was a 2-down linebacker IMO and tried to get that point across many times prior to the draft... In fact, in Patriots camp, he's been abused in pass coverage and taken out of the nickel packages.... he's been running with the 2nd team ever since... They know they got a 2-down linebacker in Spikes... but I think that's probably all they wanted...

Meanwhile, Rolando McClain has been running John Marshall's defense since he stepped foot on the facility in Oakland and picking off passes in the Raider's nickel packages....

Micah Johnson stayed banged up last year.... but still managed to be productive... his 16 tackle performance against Tennessee on one leg was as good as it gets... but he's more-less a 2-down linebacker too...

Spikes was absolutely that slow on tape... it's just whether you chose to see it or not...

Spikes INT's came from standing no more than 3 yards off the LOS in throwing lanes designed by Charlie Strong... he never ran stride for stride with anybody...

He was a 2-down linebacker IMO and tried to get that point across many times prior to the draft... In fact, in Patriots camp, he's been abused in pass coverage and taken out of the nickel packages.... he's been running with the 2nd team ever since... They know they got a 2-down linebacker in Spikes... but I think that's probably all they wanted...

Meanwhile, Rolando McClain has been running John Marshall's defense since he stepped foot on the facility in Oakland and picking off passes in the Raider's nickel packages....

Micah Johnson stayed banged up last year.... but still managed to be productive... his 16 tackle performance against Tennessee on one leg was as good as it gets... but he's more-less a 2-down linebacker too...

way too early to say spikes is a 2 down backer. i strongly disagree with that. are you telling me i never saw him running down and across the field in coverage? i did my friend. many times. he was/is far from a liability in coverage.

but i can admit i'm a gators homer. doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talking about - but my better judgment has escaped me once or twice. not a dolphins homer though - so that's good at least.

i said spikes and mcclain were can't miss coming out. i stand by that.

Last edited by a moderator:
way too early to say spikes is a 2 down backer. i strongly disagree with that. are you telling me i never saw him running down and across the field in coverage? i did my friend. many times. he was/is far from a liability in coverage.

but i can admit i'm a gators homer. doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talking about - but my better judgment has escaped me once or twice. not a dolphins homer though - so that's good at least.

i said spikes and mcclain weren't can't miss coming out. i stand by that.

If Spikes ever got deeper than 10 yards in coverage it was a straight dropback at the snap from 7 yards off the line of scrimmage... he's not equipped to turn and run in man coverage...he was too slow and too stiff hipped...

If he played man coverage was scraping a back coming out of the backfield relatively close to the LOS... which Strong would disguise at times and put Spikes immediately in the throwing lane to snag balls out of the air...

It might be too early for you to say he's a two down linebacker but I'm saying it right now Bob... just like I did all along...

But then again, there seems to be this hang-up with you reguarding coverage and Florida linebackers...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom