Dolphins Sign Qb Jake Rudock | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Qb Jake Rudock

What do you mean, lots of guys here think he’s the answer (trying to contain the laughter) now we get a kid who’s thrown 5 passes as a pro, here we go!

He is the answer, for getting that top 2019 pick.

See what Gruden wants for Peterman.

But my guess is that Derek Carr gets traded in the preseason and Gruden 'doesn't have a choice' but to start Peterman for 16 games.

Sometimes I really don’t understand the mentality on here... “all I can do is sit back and laugh at this team”.... because they signed a backup QB in the offseason? Do you expect them to just pluck a Manning off the street?

Hey Kurt Warner was a “who?” Too when he signed. So, let’s take this signing with a grain of salt.

I prefer a grain of potential. If I understand our new management structure, the new coach will work with what management supplies.

I'm sure there will be some kind of coordination between the GM and the coach during the draft and during the season, but there is no need to wait to pick up some key backups if they are available now, without any competition to drive their price up. The more I think about it, the better I like it, as long as it doesn't grow a life of its own.

Anything to get started on developing the team as opposed to just stagnating away until after the draft.

Reactions: MD
Caldwell ain't a bad assistant. Hell seven as an NFL head coach he technically only has 2 losing seasons. He is boring but Matt Stafford was also at his best under him.

As for Rudock? I'll always hold him in high regard for his one year at Michigan.

You should hold Rudock in high regard for that season. That's how I remember him. It was Harbaugh's first season and he desperately needed a quarterback. Rudock bailed out the program as a graduate transfer. Ugly opening loss at Utah but then many gutsy victories. Unfortunately the punt team blew the home game to Michigan State in unbelievable fashion.

Then Michigan was simply not on Ohio State's level and got overwhelmed in the regular season finale.

However, I loved the bowl game when Rudock and Michigan destroyed the Gators. He basically threw jump balls and allowed the big Michigan receivers to make Florida's touted cornerbacks look awful all game long.

Quite a contrast between the Michigan/Florida bowl game from that season and the version we saw less than two weeks ago. Yuck.

This guy is not an NFL quarterback. I might compare him to the Washington quarterback Jake Browning. Simply not talented enough, although smart and gutty.

tenor.gif

You should hold Rudock in high regard for that season. That's how I remember him. It was Harbaugh's first season and he desperately needed a quarterback. Rudock bailed out the program as a graduate transfer. Ugly opening loss at Utah but then many gutsy victories. Unfortunately the punt team blew the home game to Michigan State in unbelievable fashion.

Then Michigan was simply not on Ohio State's level and got overwhelmed in the regular season finale.

However, I loved the bowl game when Rudock and Michigan destroyed the Gators. He basically threw jump balls and allowed the big Michigan receivers to make Florida's touted cornerbacks look awful all game long.

Quite a contrast between the Michigan/Florida bowl game from that season and the version we saw less than two weeks ago. Yuck.

This guy is not an NFL quarterback. I might compare him to the Washington quarterback Jake Browning. Simply not talented enough, although smart and gutty.

Oh let's make it clear, only reason Rudock even got an NFL chance is his one year at Michigan. He's a camp body, and a smart guy. Profiles a back up. Smart and gritty as you said. Knows where to go with the ball and is willing to pull the ball down and run.

The same one who set-back WF program for a decade and then orchestrated the 2-14 suck for Luck campaign with the Colts?

You can board that train but Im taking a pass on a 63 yo who has not got it done anywhere except for a couple of years with Peyton Manning...and seriously...who couldn't have won with Manning?

1993 Wake Forest 2–9 1–7 9th
1994 Wake Forest 3–8 1–7 8th
1995 Wake Forest 1–10 0–8 9th
1996 Wake Forest 3–8 1–7 8th
1997 Wake Forest 5–6 3–5 7th
1998 Wake Forest 3–8 2–6 7th
1999 Wake Forest 7–5 3–5 5th W Aloha
2000 Wake Forest 2–9 1–7 8th
Wake Forest: 26–63 12–52
Total: 26–63

Question is...with a record like that how do you ever GET to the NFL level?

So let's show his 1993-2000 resume but then ignore that he won 38 games in 4 years with DETROIT!! (tell me the last coach that has done that) and also took over from Cam Cameron and helped Baltimore win a super bowl.

Yes, Caldwell has shown that he is a mediocre head coach and at 63 years old he probably won't even be a SB winning HC. However he is a damn good offensive coordinator, and a great person for a young first time coach to lean on.

I understand the frustration with our franchise, however some of you guys are just reaching.

So let's show his 1993-2000 resume but then ignore that he won 38 games in 4 years with DETROIT!! (tell me the last coach that has done that) and also took over from Cam Cameron and helped Baltimore win a super bowl.

Yes, Caldwell has shown that he is a mediocre head coach and at 63 years old he probably won't even be a SB winning HC. However he is a damn good offensive coordinator, and a great person for a young first time coach to lean on.

I understand the frustration with our franchise, however some of you guys are just reaching.[/QUOTE

If by reaching you mean some have a different opinion than yours then yea...Im reaching by saying Jim Caldwell will be the perfect OC for a franchise that has been .500 for the last 20 seasons.
Thats my take...probably would be proven right IF he does show up in Miami but would gladly eat crow if he did well and they won some games under him.

Back
Top Bottom