Dolphins Sign TE Tyler Kroft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign TE Tyler Kroft

Can we get Lara Croft too? That would be awesome!
alicia vikander adventure GIF by Tomb Raider

It honestly feels like we are collecting a smorgasbord of TEs (like last year) and hoping someone(s) surprise.
Basically. I interpret it to mean we don’t expect to design many (if any) plays for the tight end, and just need a Y tight end to be a functional blocker who can catch the ball in the event they leave him wide open, and an F tight end who can move around the rotation, block DBs in space, and run routes as a #3 or #4 option on passing plays.

Don't be surprised if this guy is given a huge chance to take that TE position.

View attachment 142553

I believe McDaniel might want to make a slight project of him to become the type of TE he is looking for.

-Adequate blocker with ability to get better.

-Route running few Starting TE have mastered.

- 6'3 235, With chance to add a bit more muscle to fill frame.

-Good speed to attack seam.

-Good after the catch

-Good, not great hands.

For the TE position, he is not a finished product, his receiving skills need some work.

Does need to work a bit more on technique & put more Weight/Muscle to become an even better, more consistent blocker.

But if he works hard on it he could be a darn effective H-Back/TE.

I agree 100 percent. As soon as I saw him I was like oh yeah he’s gonna be the new NFL prototype if McDaniel can mentor him.

He needs to work on his hands. Looking the hall into his hands…he tends to drop passes.

He is such a unique player because he always ran with the little fast guys - a freak amongst the elks - McDaniel has a bully set so if you want to challenge small he can run you over. Right? EZ and Saubert and Kroft and Elijah (the prophet?) Higgins. It’s a red zone set with a speedster or two spiced in and it’s so tough to defend.

And he’s got a stable of guys who can bust you open any time any where.

Achane looks amazing -

My guess is Elijah might just be the right guy at the right place at the right time. A perfect piece for McDaniel to turn into something special.

We still need a line tho - we need some magic there - if we can keep Tua healthy this team can be very special.

Back
Top Bottom