Dolphins sorting through difficult personnel decisions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sorting through difficult personnel decisions

So people's here to get better is to let the one guy getting a pass rush to go free....unreal.

So people's here to get better is to let the one guy getting a pass rush to go free....unreal.

No....it's about being on the field and actually producing 16 games a year. As I mentioned in my post, I would try to keep him because of his strength against the pass, however he is also injury prone and not strong against the run....which is a problem, don't you think? I'm also thinking that his injury issues will not improve as he ages.

OV has brought a ton of hurries and pressures. That counts as much as sacks. Keep your own. He is young. Played college ball locally. I would work to bring him back.

After producing 11.5 and 6.5 sacks the past two seasons, Vernon has four in 2015. But he has had four sacks taken away by penalty

Vernon is not elite, but he is solid. We shouldn't let him go as we have far too many other areas to address.

The problem with the OV situation is the market for pass-rushing DEs. Like the article said, there's a very slim crop in the FA market this year, and teams that are sucking at that position will pay more, and that's the economy of the position...flat number doesn't matter. Remember Odrick?

No....it's about being on the field and actually producing 16 games a year. As I mentioned in my post, I would try to keep him because of his strength against the pass, however he is also injury prone and not strong against the run....which is a problem, don't you think? I'm also thinking that his injury issues will not improve as he ages.

If you tell me that you snag a RD1 DE and have a solution to get a starting CB opposite of Grimes, then I can listen. However, the CB's are going to cost you as much as the DE's if not more.

I cannot let go of Grimes just yet. I know he has struggled, but they have put him in some brutal positions this year. I think they can get another year out of him. Don't create more holes this year.

Bye bye olivier...no way id pay him that

Bobby mccains not a long term boundary have to add a piece there...i like hargreaves and desmond king there in the draft and i think both are day 1 starters on this team...im thinking bobby is a long term starting slot though if he can add strength

Misi im either keeping at strong or im landing nigel bradham in free agency who is a better athlete and can play 3 downs...bradhams underrated

Tight end restructure and keep jordan cameron but if not use mid round pick on a jake mcgee or the michigan state tight end

Ideally for my money ajayi wins the starting gig at rb for 2016...if im gonna have a soft oline i want downhill back with authority and tone setter starter...ajayi gives you some of that

Restructure wake try and sign shelby and draft at least a 3rd down edge rush talent with tools

Rishard matthews a tough one but you arent ever gonna regret it if devantae parker gets to 100 percent with that foot...hes an impact player if he does and will give you more than mathews and more big plays...what this team needs to do is get people out of devantaes way

Restructure suh

If you tell me that you snag a RD1 DE and have a solution to get a starting CB opposite of Grimes, then I can listen. However, the CB's are going to cost you as much as the DE's if not more.

I cannot let go of Grimes just yet. I know he has struggled, but they have put him in some brutal positions this year. I think they can get another year out of him. Don't create more holes this year.

As I mentioned above....I would definitely resign Grimes. I think he still has a lot give....although I don't think we want him as our primary CB on the other teams #1 receiver. We need to draft to fill that. I don't subscribe to the common thought process that he is done and needs to go. We may need to renegotiate a bit, but he can still play.

We'll see at DE. Wake was invisible the first 4 games with that hamstring injury...played great a few, but also is now gone for the year with the achillies injury. His performance improved with the improved production from Suh. I think Suh...when playing well, will improves any quality DE we place on either side of him....but they have to be on the field. I like Wake, he is one of my favorite Fins, but at his price and age, I would start to have to be thinking replacement.

Bye bye olivier...no way id pay him that

Bobby mccains not a long term boundary have to add a piece there...i like hargreaves and desmond king there in the draft and i think both are day 1 starters on this team...im thinking bobby is a long term starting slot though if he can add strength

Misi im either keeping at strong or im landing nigel bradham in free agency who is a better athlete and can play 3 downs...bradhams underrated

Tight end restructure and keep jordan cameron but if not use mid round pick on a jake mcgee or the michigan state tight end

Ideally for my money ajayi wins the starting gig at rb for 2016...if im gonna have a soft oline i want downhill back with authority and tone setter starter...ajayi gives you some of that

Restructure wake try and sign shelby and draft at least a 3rd down edge rush talent with tools

Rishard matthews a tough one but you arent ever gonna regret it if devantae parker gets to 100 percent with that foot...hes an impact player if he does and will give you more than mathews and more big plays...what this team needs to do is get people out of devantaes way

Restructure suh

If Wake is open to re-structure or Vernon is reasonable in his expectations I look to resign both......but both would have to be reasonable.

If Wake is open to re-structure or Vernon is reasonable in his expectations I look to resign both......but both would have to be reasonable.

I think there is a chance to re-do Wake, there won't be a ton of teams lined up to offer him a big contract at his age if released.

OV doubt it's going to happen the cap will increase and you will have teams sitting there with money to spend like Oakland and Jacksonville last year and he will get a contract that about everyone on here will go wow he got overpayed.

They should be talking with Miller now to try to get a fair deal done with him but he may want to test the market.

The problem with the OV situation is the market for pass-rushing DEs. Like the article said, there's a very slim crop in the FA market this year, and teams that are sucking at that position will pay more, and that's the economy of the position...flat number doesn't matter. Remember Odrick?

Totally agree.

If OV walks, you could keep Coples and Wake LDE. From there, DE becomes the highest need in the draft which I think you could get a good one in the draft. I love Shaq Lawson and watch Emmanuel Ogbah shoot up draft boards.

My issue though is where do you find a CB good enough to start? FA? 2nd round CB? Do you draft a CB in RD 1 and hope a starting DE is there in RD 2? Where do you find your LB's? Yikes....Got to bring back OV. Keep your own.

Only the Fins let a 25 year old pass rusher walk.

His run grade is so poor cause hes forgoing run contain responsibilities in an effort to get up field...cause he knows sacks pay

And hes got a whopping 4...despite suh taking all of the attention...his age and the other options in the market means hes in line for a rediculous contract from someone...maybe in the 5 and 65 range

Nope...i will pass

"Does Jay Ajayi do enough in the final month to make the Dolphins re-think what they offer Lamar Miller?"

There is no way to know this, unless Ajayi gets 20-25 carries per game to see what he can really do. That will never happen in Miami; even Miller doesn't get enough carries. How can you honestly evaluate a RB when he has no o-line and the OC constantly abandons the run? If the team wanted to know what they had in Ajayi before considering what to offer Miller, then they should have been doing a LOT more running this year.

"Cameron hasn’t contributed in the passing game nearly as much as expected..."

And why has he not been a factor? Miami refused to fix the o-line which affects the QB having time to locate and hit the TE running down the middle. And, Lazor's style of offense (and playcalling) has no need for a seam-threat TE. On 3rd and long, Brady will hit Gronk for a 1st down. Under Lazor, on 3rd and long Tannehill will throw to Landry behind the line of scrimmage. Why would you sign a free agent TE to a big contract and then not use him properly?

This team (ever since Philbin took over) has no clue how to build an o-line or run an effective offense. So, the only way to get a realistic evaluation of offensive players is to first get competent coaches and run an actual offense. You would think that even with a pathetic offense you could at least evaluate o-linemen, but in Miami's case the coaching staff often uses blocking schemes that may not fit the strengths of some of the players, and some linemen are being used outside of their natural position. And, some linemen are just bad and that could affect the play of their fellow linemen.

My point is that no one really knows how good or bad some of these players are because Philbin and his staff were a bunch of incompetent morons.

Back
Top Bottom