Dolphins sorting through difficult personnel decisions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sorting through difficult personnel decisions

If OV walks, you could keep Coples and Wake LDE. From there, DE becomes the highest need in the draft which I think you could get a good one in the draft. I love Shaq Lawson and watch Emmanuel Ogbah shoot up draft boards.

My issue though is where do you find a CB good enough to start? FA? 2nd round CB? Do you draft a CB in RD 1 and hope a starting DE is there in RD 2? Where do you find your LB's? Yikes....Got to bring back OV. Keep your own.

There are too many holes period, but you go defense first 3 rounds most likely in the draft. If we get a top 5 pick like you are thinking (I don't think we get that high) we should be able to get two really good pieces for the defense at least....

There are too many holes period, but you go defense first 3 rounds most likely in the draft. If we get a top 5 pick like you are thinking (I don't think we get that high) we should be able to get two really good pieces for the defense at least....
Do you think bro we would listen to possible trades to get more draft picks to fill those holes or do we stand strong and pick best player available?

Do you think bro we would listen to possible trades to get more draft picks to fill those holes or do we stand strong and pick best player available?

If were in the top six I'm picking a player, there are excellent defense players at the top of the draft and I don't want to miss on one of them that could really be a difference maker. If the pick is below 10, I would be more inclined to listen if someone really wants to move up for a player. Trading down sounds good in theory but we have seen that doesn't always work out because you just get more average type players in the end. Of course the bigger question is who is making those picks for Miami.

More than likely will probably just make the pick wherever we are at, are my thoughts.

If were in the top six I'm picking a player, there are excellent defense players at the top of the draft and I don't want to miss on one of them that could really be a difference maker. If the pick is below 10, I would be more inclined to listen if someone really wants to move up for a player. Trading down sounds good in theory but we have seen that doesn't always work out because you just get more average type players in the end. Of course the bigger question is who is making those picks for Miami.

More than likely will probably just make the pick wherever we are at, are my thoughts.
I agree brother we need play makers on this team. Have a great day!

It's a shame that some of these players will be evaluated under terrible coaching this season. They never had a fair shot.

As far as DE's, I'm biased towards Shelby. If OV wants big fat money let him go elsewhere. The former Cane to keep IMO is Lamar Miller.

Draft Calhoun (Mich St) or Lawson (Clemson) & keep Wake as the situational pass rusher. Then, there is Dion Jordan. You could trade him & a 3rd for Sean Payton or....

This is an idea I've been toying... keep Dion J (line him at LB), draft a 3 down MLB, & a S/LB hybrid (like Kam Chancellor or Bucannon (Az)) then run a 4-2-5 which could morph into a 4-3-4 or 5-2-4 as the situation dictates then again you'd need a DC & HC who are strategists.

If the Phins get an OC with pulse I'd restructure Jordan Cameron and add either mid-round draft pick or mid tier FA. Really depend of the next OC and what type of system.

Mathews, well Parker makes him expendable. Go get paid if you can.

Defensively, I go mid tier FA and all draft picks. The entire draft if the talent is there.

Very interesting they've told Coples he's in next year's plans. I hope this is one of those fortunate opportunities where we snag a skilled young player in need of a new environment who plays more to his potential after. And I think that alone indicates we may not be addressing DE in the offseason. Coples might be the answer for next year, as we have many holes to fill and precious resources to address them on D. I could see us restructuring Wake and trying to retain Shelby and Vernon on team friendly deals. I think Vernon will get paid by us and we will have to let Lamar Miller walk in order to accommodate it.

I also think Cameron will be back but there might be a restructure involved. I see him being a critical focal point in attacking the middle, as this new regime will target it. Misi may be back simply due to his lower salary but I foresee a restructure there, as well. Grimes doesn't have age on his side and his recent lapses in play will command a renegotiation.

With the exception of a few players, the team has all of the leverage as their resolve will be to cut players with bloated contracts and restructure under performing vets. Branden Albert and Mike Pouncey would seem to be a restructure candidates, as well. Wake, Albert and Pouncey have lost leverage with their injuries. And those unfortunate circumstances would lend leverage to the team as a new regime will be looking for "team players" and lower contracts to gain flexibility. Some of these vets would be smart to look for guaranteed money in exchange for restructures as their injuries should make them question their own longevity. It's a cruel win, win. But necessary in this business.

With the exception of Suh and Tannehill, I expect some surprise cuts and several restructures. The LB core will be completely rebuilt this year. And we should see some decent resources thrown at the OL in draft picks and FA.

This will be quick, decisive and financially beneficial for the team. The team we go into camp with will NOT have the same mentality or composition as a Philbin team. We will be built from the inside out and an emphasis on fundamentals and power football. Very few players on this roster deserve their salaries and they are about to be shown the door or given a chance to prove themselves at reduced salaries.

Make no bones about it, this is becoming Suh's team. And Schwartz will be the next DC.

Matthews is done. You have to go with Landry, Stills and Parker. Mix in a vet and Hazel and you are good to go.

Miller loves South Florida and I bet if you are fair with him he'd come back. Good football player. Again, keep your own. It creates good feelings within the locker room and gives incentive to those who are drafted. Plus, I always believe that drafted players are more invested in turning the team's culture around as opposed to FA's.

Mitchell and Misi are pretty cheap, but they are so invisible I might cut them based on production.

Send Misi, Mitchell, Vernon, and Grimes to Cleveland where all Fins go for their last paycheck.

All we need is linebackers and a QB. Our line is good enough. Russell Wilson has no line either but knows how out throw out the pocket. Tannehill sucks. But I'll be nice and give him 1 more year to prove me wrong

All we need is linebackers and a QB. Our line is good enough. Russell Wilson has no line either but knows how out throw out the pocket. Tannehill sucks. But I'll be nice and give him 1 more year to prove me wrong

Whether you're nice or mean, his contract is structured so that he is here next year regardless.

Our biggest problem was that our FO did a horrendous job of fixing our weak points from last year. We knew our *biggest* weaknesses were LB and OL and we addressed neither. Instead, we reshuffled our WR's and DL and ignored both OL and LB completely. It's shocking that they made ZERO improvements at either position. Hickey literally could not have handled the situation worse if he tried.

As a result, we gained almost nothing from this year and we're stuck trying to address those same two weaknesses while opening up more. This one is on the FO/Hickey.

Id cut Misi, Wake, Mitchell, and Grimes if he's not willing to restructure. Nigel Bradham replacing Misi would be a homerun in my opinion. Try to get back Shelby, Vernon, Matthews, and Miller.

Back
Top Bottom