Dolphins talk with Tennesee and Dallas... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talk with Tennesee and Dallas...

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team talks with Tennessee
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:11:20 -0700
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins officials talked recently to the Tennessee Titans about a trade. The Titans are looking for defensive line help. DL Jeff Zgonina could be a potential target. The Titans are not known for making trades, particularly for an older player such as Zgonina, but their need is approaching desperation. It is unclear who the Titans could give the Dolphins in return for a defensive lineman should the interest become more serious in the coming weeks.

Dolphins | Team talks with Dallas
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:09:17 -0700
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins officials talked to the Dallas Cowboys, who are desperate to add receivers, about a trade, but nothing was worked out – so far.

I've heard peeps bashing Jones, but I dont think he's that bad...maybe under Saban he would be alot better of a player....he doesnt seem happy in Tennesee.

Titans:
Zgonina and conditional pick for Brown. (yea, right)

Cowboys:
Frank Murphy for a conditional 7th

You talking about Pacman? If so you have a better chance of winning the lottery than us landing him.

depac33 said:
I've heard peeps bashing Jones, but I dont think he's that bad...maybe under Saban he would be alot better of a player....he doesnt seem happy in Tennesee.

What Jones are you referring to?

It may be pie in the sky thinking, but I'd like a 5th for Zgonina and a 7th for Murphy or Russel.

depac33 said:
Pacman.....and it may be more possible then you think...Fisher isnt ver y high on him.

It'd take at least a second(plus a d-linemen). Which makes it possible, but still unlikely.

We will NOT be acquiring Pacman, particularly not as part of a Zgonina trade lol. I think he's liked down there more than u realize, and even if he isn't, it would take a first and maybe more to land him. You don't just up and trade your 1st round (last year) rising star, young cb on a whim at this point in camp. Its ludicrous.

They're talking to us about an aging, in fact old, back-up d-lineman. The fact that we need to cut either Zgonina or Vickerson due to numbers is what would be holding up our getting a late round pick for him. Is it worth a 6th or 7th to get him in camp now, or do you wait 2 weeks or so till he can be had for free, when you might have to bid agaisnt another team.

rafael said:
It may be pie in the sky thinking, but I'd like a 5th for Zgonina and a 7th for Murphy or Russel.

I dunno, I think a 6th or 7th for Zgonina is feasible, but I doubt that Murphy or RUssell are the WR's in question and I can't see either of them landing us a pick since they have zero shot at making the team if the rest can stay healthy. Fred Gibson is the guy i could see other teams being interested in and he could draw us a 5th or 6th. However, from the way he's been playing, I would really like to see Fred stick. He seems to have a lot of potential.

Teams just aren't going to give up much to us since we're going to be letting go quality players at both of those positions. Its a matter of what are they willing to pay to get the guy in camp now vs later and the risk of them signing w/ another team if/when they are cut by us.

We have excess receivers and need a quality d-back.....Pacman wouldn't be bad.

depac33 said:
Pacman.....and it may be more possible then you think...Fisher isnt ver y high on him.

Oh u must be willing to give up JAllen for Pacman, because thats about the only way u are getting him. We have nothing to give Fisher to make him give up Pacman . . even if the coach isn't high on him, he is a budding star in his "second year", and was the sixth overall pick of the draft. It would take Jeff, Vickerson and a 2nd round pick maybe to land him. I mean I would probably do that trade to if I was Miami, but its not going to.

Roman529 said:

I however think, them losing Pacman, would also give them a need at DB.

I live in Nashville and no matter how reviled he is by most Titans' fans, there is NO WAY they will trade Pac Man. The Titans' two young corners are probably the brightest spot on their team right now.

Roman529 said:

Of course he wouldn't be "bad." Pacman was a top ten pick last year. And while he took his lumps, he didn't do all that awful for a rookie who held out. He really came on by the end of the year. Pacman's value is still AT LEAST a first round pick. It would also create a huge void for them at CB. There;s about as much chance of us trading Ronnie as there is of them trading PAcman right now. I could see him going after the season, but no chance right now.

Back
Top Bottom