Dolphins | Team to interview Cameron Sunday | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Team to interview Cameron Sunday

Never can root for Brady and the Pats, but when it comes to us getting our new head coach then maybe. But see, I want to see the chargers offense blow them away and look impressive and us have to wait to get him, rather than the pats shut down their offense and then we realize that the pats own CC.

True, very true.I would like to see Cam light the Patsies up too. Good point.:cooldude:

True, very true.I would like to see Cam light the Patsies up too. Good point.:cooldude:

haha for sure bro. Only thing that worries me about him is his stay at Indiana. He wasnt even close to .500. Thats the only thing that worries me. Also, I would like to know if it was his system that is making the chargers offense so good or if its just he is lucky enough to have amzing players and all he has to do is put them in the right position to be successful. Because we dont have that line, or a TE that can catch, or LT.

haha for sure bro. Only thing that worries me about him is his stay at Indiana. He wasnt even close to .500. Thats the only thing that worries me. Also, I would like to know if it was his system that is making the chargers offense so good or if its just he is lucky enough to have amzing players and all he has to do is put them in the right position to be successful. Because we dont have that line, or a TE that can catch, or LT.

Well, right now I'm not worried about his stint at Indiana. But as far as our system, the Chargers had a bad offense for awhile and he got them going. With good drafts and Free Agency. Iam sure he will bring that same mentality here. He saw how the Chargers built that team up, he will do the same here.

Well, right now I'm not worried about his stint at Indiana. But as far as our system, the Chargers had a bad offense for awhile and he got them going. With good drafts and Free Agency. Iam sure he will bring that same mentality here. He saw how the Chargers built that team up, he will do the same here.

Hey that sounds good to me, but I have a few questions for you. YOu mention him recognizing talent, did he do that or did he just make plays for the lineup he had in front of him? I would also like to know how much say he has had in the draft room on draft day, and Id guess probably not much. Becuase I dont think he has set that team up, he has called the plays for that offense, but he didnt produce or get the players for that system. Also, was he there when they drafted LT? And that is where the GM comes in if we would get CC. I dont know, Im just wondering what you think.

Hey that sounds good to me, but I have a few questions for you. YOu mention him recognizing talent, did he do that or did he just make plays for the lineup he had in front of him? I would also like to know how much say he has had in the draft room on draft day, and Id guess probably not much. Becuase I dont think he has set that team up, he has called the plays for that offense, but he didnt produce or get the players for that system. Also, was he there when they drafted LT? And that is where the GM comes in if we would get CC. I dont know, Im just wondering what you think.

I believe it was A.J Smith who did alot of the drafting for them, but he got the players on the same page.How much say in the draft room, I'm not to sure if he had much say. There Gm handled the draft from what I can remember.

But, I know that he will want his offense to be explosive. I heard on the radio today that Mueller is high on Cam Cameron. So, I think the 2 will have a field day as far as draft and free agency.

I really like the idea of Cam coming to Miami, especially with Houck there, you know they will build that O-Line up, and get the vertical passing game going. Ans also with a upgraded O-line, Ronnie will be running all over the place. Maybe not like LT, but alot of good production yards.

I believe it was A.J Smith who did alot of the drafting for them, but he got the players on the same page.How much say in the draft room, I'm not to sure if he had much say. There Gm handled the draft from what I can remember.

But, I know that he will want his offense to be explosive. I heard on the radio today that Mueller is high on Cam Cameron. So, I think the 2 will have a field day as far as draft and free agency.

I really like the idea of Cam coming to Miami, especially with Houck there, you know they will build that O-Line up, and get the vertical passing game going. Ans also with a upgraded O-line, Ronnie will be running all over the place. Maybe not like LT, but alot of good production yards.

I agree with all of that. I am sick of the years after marino. Our offense is a joke, plain and simple. Every year just average, or even worse.

I hadnt heard that Mueller was high on CC. Thats interesting in itself. Lets just hope that Houck and CC had a great relationship in SD.

Good point....

Yeah I saw that too. All those players down in S.D are buying into his system and it has resulted in one of the best offenses in football.

One other thing Cameron would like is Ronnie Brown's throwing arm. They use L.T for passing a lot and we all know how Ronnie can sling it lol. :wink:

That's actually a very good point...

Please turn down Cam. I have endured enough of this guy as a head coach. I hope you like thugs if he becomes head coach because that is what we had at IU. The rapes, stabbings, baseball bat beating, and everyother arrest that IU had never had before or after Cam.

SAY HELL NO TO CAM CAMERON!!!!

Practically every hot coordinator getting an interview has an impressive resume, or they wouldn't be on teams wish lists.

But there have been many, many "hot" coordinators that haven't panned out as head coaches. Dave Wannstadt and Norv Turner were hot when they were in Dallas. Mike Mularkey and Dom Capers were hot when they were with Pittsburgh, Romeo Crennel was hot when he was in New England, and we could go on and on.

What you want in a head coach is the ability to teach, organize, manage, motivate and gameplan. Many "hot" coordinators are often missing a few of these traits, no matter how good their offenses or defenses were as coordinators.

To that end, I must admit that Cam Cameron's record at Indiana scares me. Yes, I know Indiana wasn't exactly teeming with top talent, but the best head coaches have a tendency to get more out of their roster than the talent would indicate. I'm not sure Cam did that in Indiana, or is capable of doing that here.

Practically every hot coordinator getting an interview has an impressive resume, or they wouldn't be on teams wish lists.

But there have been many, many "hot" coordinators that haven't panned out as head coaches. Dave Wannstadt and Norv Turner were hot when they were in Dallas. Mike Mularkey and Dom Capers were hot when they were with Pittsburgh, Romeo Crennel was hot when he was in New England, and we could go on and on.

What you want in a head coach is the ability to teach, organize, manage, motivate and gameplan. Many "hot" coordinators are often missing a few of these traits, no matter how good their offenses or defenses were as coordinators.

To that end, I must admit that Cam Cameron's record at Indiana scares me. Yes, I know Indiana wasn't exactly teeming with top talent, but the best head coaches have a tendency to get more out of their roster than the talent would indicate. I'm not sure Cam did that in Indiana, or is capable of doing that here.

Cameron won three more Big Ten games (4-4) in his final season at Indiana than Indiana had won in the two years before he took the job (1-15). His last year they beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin, 63-32, won at Michigan State (had 489 yards rushing), beat Purdue, and beat Northwestern (56-21).

Cameron won three more Big Ten games (4-4) in his final season at Indiana than Indiana had won in the two years before he took the job (1-15). His last year they beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin, 63-32, won at Michigan State (had 489 yards rushing), beat Purdue, and beat Northwestern (56-21).

Don't look to deep into those numbers. He sat us back 10 years at IU. He pissed off the alumni, hs coaches, and alienated a lot of us former players. Cam is not the answer and the biggest thing that STILL stands out to me when he was here was the undiscplined players he recruited. If you have any IU questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Don't look to deep into those numbers. He sat us back 10 years at IU. He pissed off the alumni, hs coaches, and alienated a lot of us former players. Cam is not the answer and the biggest thing that STILL stands out to me when he was here was the undiscplined players he recruited. If you have any IU questions don't hesitate to ask me.

So the 1-15 record the two years PRIOR to his arrival didn't set back the program?

The problem I see with that is by that time Cameron had recruited players that fit into his system. I'm sure that if he came to Miami he'd eventually find enough offensive players to make us a good offense also. But it doesn't appear to me that Cam ever made the team better than it's talent level. I don't want a coach that can get us to a wildcard game. I want a coach that can get us to the Super Bowl. I just have my doubts Cameron is it.

Back
Top Bottom