Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey

Wish we hadn't leaked the comment about not being outbid for him. Kind of like a rich guy at a beauty contest asking the ladies, "Who wants their very own island?" and they yawn.
or that creepy dude that bought that 16 year old virgin

Most people that dont like interviewing Mularkey really know nothing about him except he was Buffalo coach for two years, have no knowledge of what happened in Buffalo and that he was not allowed to run his own offense by Saban. This guy had a great offense with friggin Kordell Stewart and Tommy maddox at qb.

Can I interview for the Head coaching job? Where do take a number?

I want to ride in Ross's helocopter and then dine at Joe's Stone Crab's...

Mularkey? What about Billick? Heck..interview Mike Nolan.

Love how people act like any coach that has ever coached before should not be looked at if they were not supremely successful Mularkey coached for two years at Buffalo and resigned because of differences with front office. He had one winning season and one losing season. Nothing special but far from being an absolute failure. You know how many coaches have led Buffalo to a winning season in the last decade, that list would be Mularkey. He was coordinator for the Steelers from 2001 to 2003 and had the 3rd ranked and 6th ranked offense 2 of the seasons he was there. That is the highest ranked steeler offense since 1979 and that was with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart as his qbs. He has also done an excellent job in atlanta having a top 10 offense their highest ranked offense since 1980. I personally think he is a good guy to look at and deserves an interview much more than our own intrim coach. He was forced to run Linhans offense the one year he was OC here. Even through that year he was retained by Cameron to be the Te's coach.

So you have a woody for Mularky? Can our expectations get any lower at this point?

Most people that dont like interviewing Mularkey really know nothing about him except he was Buffalo coach for two years, have no knowledge of what happened in Buffalo and that he was not allowed to run his own offense by Saban. This guy had a great offense with friggin Kordell Stewart and Tommy maddox at qb.

no actually i do know...and he's another guy in over his head as a hc meant to be a coordinator...the leagues littered with them...mike nolan here is one also...wade phillips on and on and on

imagesqtbnANd9GcSjgIwexVT2k1bPo5p350o4iz-1.jpg

So you have a woody for Mularky? Can our expectations get any lower at this point?

I dont have a woody for him but think he is a worthy canidate. The Falcons had not had a top 10 offense in a decade and they have one under him. The three years before him in Pittsburgh they ranked 25th ,22nd and 18th . His first year they ranked 3rd followed by 5th. Atlanta was the 23rd ranked offense the year before he got there and ranked 6th the season he got there. The guy is a great coordinator and he walked away from Buffalo because of disagreement his job was not in danger yet

Love how people act like any coach that has ever coached before should not be looked at if they were not supremely successful Mularkey coached for two years at Buffalo and resigned because of differences with front office. He had one winning season and one losing season. Nothing special but far from being an absolute failure. You know how many coaches have led Buffalo to a winning season in the last decade, that list would be Mularkey. He was coordinator for the Steelers from 2001 to 2003 and had the 3rd ranked and 6th ranked offense 2 of the seasons he was there. That is the highest ranked steeler offense since 1979 and that was with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart as his qbs. He has also done an excellent job in atlanta having a top 10 offense their highest ranked offense since 1980. I personally think he is a good guy to look at and deserves an interview much more than our own intrim coach. He was forced to run Linhans offense the one year he was OC here. Even through that year he was retained by Cameron to be the Te's coach.
Not to mention what a mess the qb situation was when he was here. Thanks for the rational analysis.

no actually i do know...and he's another guy in over his head as a hc meant to be a coordinator...the leagues littered with them...mike nolan here is one also...wade phillips on and on and on

How was he in over his head as a head coach.

I dont have a woody for him but think he is a worthy canidate. The Falcons had not had a top 10 offense in a decade and they have one under him. The three years before him in Pittsburgh they ranked 25th ,22nd and 18th . His first year they ranked 3rd followed by 5th. Atlanta was the 23rd ranked offense the year before he got there and ranked 6th the season he got there. The guy is a great coordinator and he walked away from Buffalo because of disagreement his job was not in danger yet
shame he couldnt find that success w/ miami.

shame he couldnt find that success w/ miami.

Well when you have limitations placed on you like he did in one season here its not easy. Not to mention we had a mess at qb a coming off of injury and still hobbled Culpepper and AJ Feeley. What OC could have succeeded with that.

Back
Top Bottom