Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey

If he becomes HC I'm flying down and kickin Ross in the nutts. We go from looking for a young Shula to this crap. Ross isn't making people want to fill those seats with these bunch of guys.I'm not liking where this thing is headed.

Would damn sure rather have Mularkey than a position coach that gets passed over by his own team for a dc job

Mike Mularkey will be a successful at some point again in the NFL.

Well when you have limitations placed on you like he did in one season here its not easy. Not to mention we had a mess at qb a coming off of injury and still hobbled Culpepper and AJ Feeley. What OC could have succeeded with that.
thats my point, the following year he was demoted to TE coach and failed there too. hes had a couple shots at fixing our problems, just hasnt worked out, dont see it being any different.

If they hire him as coach I'll throw up in my mouth. He failed as a coach, then as our OC with a boring predictable offense, and then was demoted to tight ends coach. Now hes OC of the Falcons and living in Atlanta everybody is still complaining about his predictability. So thats a no for me.

I bet he would he would thrive coaching Freeman in TB.

thats my point, the following year he was demoted to TE coach and failed there too. hes had a couple shots at fixing our problems, just hasnt worked out, dont see it being any different.

Two things . Cameron is his offensive coordinator so of course there was no OC job for Mularkey to fill so he was an experienced TE coach so its a demotion in a way but in reality Cameron did not need an OC and how did he fail as our te coach. You do realize our Te's were David martin and Justiun Peele. Martin had his career high in catches as did Justin peele. those two guys had more catches than Fasano and Clay this year and thats pretty damn amazing considering how bad those guys are

Nightmare scenario is Mularkey becoming the head coach.

Not sure how that is a nightmare scenario. I can see that people might have a reason they dont like him but a nightmare scenario really lol.
Nightmare scenario to me is we hire our friggin secondary coach whom just a couple of years ago we didnt even respect enough to make our dc.
True nightmare scenario is we promote an undeserving Daboll lol

If they pull the "we had the right guy here under our nose all along" line, you'll hear crickets from the 50 yard line this Fall.

Give me a freaking break. We saw Mularkey here in Miami and it was an utter disaster. He failed as an assistant coach here and we would consider him for head man?

We had an excellent offensive approach under Scott Linehan. Mularkey came in and tried to use that terminology for continuity and absolutely bombed. Great offense turned putrid. If he were a good coach, he would have made that work. He took a good offense and ran it into the ground.

He also couldn't even get along with management in Buffalo, which makes him a bad seed. The guy is a lifer coordinator. He may be able to run a good offense if things go swimmingly for him. He won't be able to handle anything tricky, as he is shown and proven.

I wouldn't even interview him. This is the freaking Miami Dolphins. From 1970-2004, we had the best record in all of professional sports and a national following. The TV networks loved us because we brought ratings. And now we are considering Mike Mularkey? Good God, man.

I am rapidly losing confidence in Jeff Ireland.

Why aren't we interviewing young guys like Chud or Pete Carmichael Jr?

Why aren't we interviewing young guys like Chud or Pete Carmichael Jr?

supposedly, we interviewed or are interviewing two secret candidates. You should wonder why these individuals would be interviewed secretly and then think there is some genius at work there. Much to the dismay of fans and media. lol love it.

Back
Top Bottom