Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to interview Mike Mularkey

Give me a freaking break. We saw Mularkey here in Miami and it was an utter disaster. He failed as an assistant coach here and we would consider him for head man?

We had an excellent offensive approach under Scott Linehan. Mularkey came in and tried to use that terminology for continuity and absolutely bombed. Great offense turned putrid. If he were a good coach, he would have made that work. He took a good offense and ran it into the ground.

He also couldn't even get along with management in Buffalo, which makes him a bad seed. The guy is a lifer coordinator. He may be able to run a good offense if things go swimmingly for him. He won't be able to handle anything tricky, as he is shown and proven.

I wouldn't even interview him. This is the freaking Miami Dolphins. From 1970-2004, we had the best record in all of professional sports and a national following. The TV networks loved us because we brought ratings. And now we are considering Mike Mularkey? Good God, man.

I am rapidly losing confidence in Jeff Ireland.

settle down. Have you ever thought that we interview people to get insight and let other people follow our lead so they go and get guys like this?

I dont have a woody for him but think he is a worthy canidate. The Falcons had not had a top 10 offense in a decade and they have one under him. The three years before him in Pittsburgh they ranked 25th ,22nd and 18th . His first year they ranked 3rd followed by 5th. Atlanta was the 23rd ranked offense the year before he got there and ranked 6th the season he got there. The guy is a great coordinator and he walked away from Buffalo because of disagreement his job was not in danger yet

Mularky plays football sideways and I just bet Atlanta is secretly wishing he goes to another team ala shottenheimer.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why aren't we interviewing young guys like Chud or Pete Carmichael Jr?

+1 Ireland's tampon won't let him swallow his pride and interview a guy who turned down Miami last year for the OC position. Miami deemed Chud worthy enough to interview for OC last year and then he totally ROCKED it this year. Maybe if Ireland weren't on his period he wouldn't be so offended that Chud went to Carolina last year, which was obviously the better job last year. Chud made the right choice for his career last year, and now Miami is not looking at Chud. It's illogical.

Well people can think what they want about Mularkey but he is getting three head coaching interviews and he has a major supporter in Bill Cowher after the job he did with Maddox and Stewart. Mularkey also never had a problem with management per say he just was not happy they fired Donahoe and did not feel like they were giving him the support he needed to succeed. He had a 5 year contract and was in no danger at all of being fired.

Hall of fame Gonzalez, one of the better o-lines in the nfl, pro bowl QB, top 5 running back, amazing weapons in Roddy White and Julio Jones, - I expected to look at the stats and see a top 5 offense. They're 10th with all those weapons? and we were one of the worst offenses when he was here. Oh my god, just say no.

settle down. Have you ever thought that we interview people to get insight and let other people follow our lead so they go and get guys like this?

LOL now that is "silly" (polite code or euphemism for a more realistic term). Guys like you who are blind homers who bend over and accept everything with no pride whatsoever are impossible. Get a grip. Miami has been a failed franchise for 10 plus years now. Not everything is going brilliantly. You are not credible when you make up pure nonsense cluttering up this board and making serious fans have to sift through gibberish like this.

You seriously believe what you just said?

Mularky plays football sideways and I just bet Atlanta is secretly wishing he goes to another team ala shottenheimer.

I doubt it, Atlanta's offense has been just fine. Anytime he has ran his own offense , it has been a successfull offense more than not. Please tell me you watch the Falcons and see the problem with the team is his playcalling.

Two things . Cameron is his offensive coordinator so of course there was no OC job for Mularkey to fill so he was an experienced TE coach so its a demotion in a way but in reality Cameron did not need an OC and how did he fail as our te coach. You do realize our Te's were David martin and Justiun Peele. Martin had his career high in catches as did Justin peele. those two guys had more catches than Fasano and Clay this year and thats pretty damn amazing considering how bad those guys are
when the performace of david martin and justin peele 4 years ago is being used as justification as mularkey being our HC, sorry but as a dolphin fan , i will pass.

LOL now that is "silly" (polite code or euphemism for a more realistic term). Guys like you who are blind homers who bend over and accept everything with no pride whatsoever are impossible. Get a grip. Miami has been a failed franchise for 10 plus years now. Not everything is going brilliantly. You are not credible when you make up pure nonsense cluttering up this board and making serious fans have to sift through gibberish like this.

You seriously believe what you just said?

yeah, I will bet any amount of money you want that this guy WILL NOT be the HC of this team.

I doubt it, Atlanta's offense has been just fine. Anytime he has ran his own offense , it has been a successfull offense more than not. Please tell me you watch the Falcons and see the problem with the team is his playcalling.

With Mike Mularky as OC in Atlanta, I would say they could do much better yes.

Ive seen Mike Mularky here in Miami. Ive seen him run WR screen after screen then end around for the second time in a game and then run outside all game long.

yeah, no, this guy held back Atlanta this year IMO. Not a whole lot, but they are not progressing with all the weapons they have as somone else pointed out.

when the performace of david martin and justin peele 4 years ago is being used as justification as mularkey being our HC, sorry but as a dolphin fan , i will pass.

I never said that was the justification I was answering a statement that he failed as the Te's coach here and was showing that with that crap at TE they out produced fasano and clay. My justification would be his OC job with Atlanta and Pittsburgh as well as being the only coach in the last decade to have a winning season in Buffalo.

If you hammer Mike Mularkey than I can be super--critical of Joe Philbin.

Back
Top Bottom