Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard

I would love to see the kid earn it. But at the same time, if that's where he and Hunt are going to play, respectively, then i'm also not for wasting time.

All relative if he absolutely stinks (which I don’t think he will) then I’d understand the rookie not starting

The ONLY problem is Kindley is much better at run blocking. But i've seen him get beat, badly, on pass protect. You can defintely get around him. I'd say he and Flowers last season were 80% responsible for most interior base pressures generated against the QB.
The kid has a brain, I saw too many times last year where he has picked up stunts no OL for the Phins has done in years. He will be fine at LG, its his natural position.

I do not want an OL of all pros, I want a real OL UNIT, and this has the makings of one now (OC is my only concern besides possible injuries).

Last edited:
RG is where he belonged all the time, and I said so the moment he was drafted. Big strong mauling run blocker with size and length to pass protect some but best in a phone booth and driving against power.

Solomon Kindley is another best suited for RG, so that should be a good competition and give us coverage there. Now that we have Eichenberg to play RT and complement Austin Jackson at LT, with Jesse Davis to back up both and cover LG, our OL finally has some depth. IMHO, our LG spot is still wide open, and while I love Solomon Kindley ... he's not nimble enough to play LG long term. I've also never been a DJ Fluker fan, but he's more depth.,
I agree with your first point, Hunt projected to guard at this level, he did do better at right tackle than I thought he would, so he proved me wrong there, but at guard I think he can reach his potential..

I disagree with your 2nd point Dig, I think kindley is gonna be real good on the left side.

It’s a great competition for us as dolphin fans to see who becomes better but I’ll stick to what I said when they both were coming out, if all things are equal as far as dedication goes I’ll take kindley as the better player..

What a draft it will be if those two pan out.

Last edited:
I was all about keeping Hunt at RT until we drafted Eich. Well...24 hours after we drafted Eich and I had time to look at some videos of him and get excited for the pick. Now I’m pumped to see Hunt full time at RG, and I’m really getting excited for when Eich takes over the RT spot!

I gotta admit, I’m a bit of a size queen (more like arm length king) when it comes to Tackles. It just doesn’t seem like many guys become above average players when they come in below that 33-34 inch threshold. I’m hoping Eich can be the exception to the rule but I’m just not going to expect a superstar on outside.

With that said, I hope we can get solid play out Eich at RT this season and if he struggles, at least we tried. I could see him being a good G if we need to move him inside in the future though. And let’s be honest, there’s nothing wrong with hitting on a solid player in the second round. We don’t need all superstars. We just need a solid team.

With the depth on this OL why does Eich need to start right away?

Most elite level tackles do have longer arms (Jason Peters, Joe Staley being notable exceptions), but there are quite a few strategies a OT can use to help mitigate the disadvantage. Things like pulling the player to your chest, pushing their arms up at an angle to reduce the distance, and a deeper kick slide all help. Almost every edge rusher has longer arms than most tackles and so these are things he already knows how to do. The arm length does mean he most likely will not become Pro Bowl caliber player but he can be very good still.

Back
Top Bottom