Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard

I would love to see the kid earn it. But at the same time, if that's where he and Hunt are going to play, respectively, then i'm also not for wasting time.
Have to put the best player at RT. That is Tua's blindside.

Hunt impressed me how good he was becoming at tackle, but simply put, Hunt is just a beast at guard...An All-pro beast.

If Liam Eichenberg can continue to play as well on the right side, as he did on the left in ND, this line will finally take that big step forward.

Hunt at RG is where he belongs...if skura can get his snap woes behind him the inside of this line with kindley at the LG is going to be nasty. Austin Jackson may end up being the weakest link on the line but the larnel coleman selection does more then add depth that kid can play. Add fluker and deither providing solid guard and center depth and miamis oline is a strength now

Sooo is Liam going to have any real competition at RT? J.Davis? Fluker?
They drafted him with the idea he would come in and be a starter from day one. Davis and Fluker are not starting caliber players in the NFL. So if either of them end up starting over Eichenberg, the Dolphins front office will have to answer for screwing up the pick.

Yet I think Eicheberg will have no problem winning the RT position and will likely become the best offensive lineman on the Dolphins over the next few years.

I’ll have to eat crow because I didn’t like the Hunt pick

Sooo is Liam going to have any real competition at RT? J.Davis? Fluker?

No, No and No.

The job was his the second the trade up was made. The depth at OT allowed them the comfort of taking Holland. Eichenbergs talent made them greedy enough to move up.

His credentials made him the instant starter.

Robert Hunt was moved to RG weeks ago, maybe this is just the official memo to the remaining 4 people who didn’t know.

no need to eat crow.

you could always say things like "i knew he couldn't play tackle in the NFL," or "#39 overall is too high to draft a Guard."

see, not that hard.

neither are true, but that doesn't stop people.
For me it was the poor competition and the sloppy body

Back
Top Bottom