Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to move Robert Hunt to Right Guard

The ONLY problem is Kindley is much better at run blocking. But i've seen him get beat, badly, on pass protect. You can defintely get around him. I'd say he and Flowers last season were 80% responsible for most interior base pressures generated against the QB.

How much do you feel he may have developed since last year, if at all?

Jackson Kindley Skura Hunt Eich

Tons of potential. Put them there at the start and let them gel.
Amen...no more of the Philbin/Gase strategy of rotating the line EVERY practice and every game...make 'em learn!

I gotta admit, I’m a bit of a size queen (more like arm length king) when it comes to Tackles. It just doesn’t seem like many guys become above average players when they come in below that 33-34 inch threshold. I’m hoping Eich can be the exception to the rule but I’m just not going to expect a superstar on outside.

With that said, I hope we can get solid play out Eich at RT this season and if he struggles, at least we tried. I could see him being a good G if we need to move him inside in the future though. And let’s be honest, there’s nothing wrong with hitting on a solid player in the second round. We don’t need all superstars. We just need a solid team.

I see a fault in looking at arm length without considering shoulder width at the same time. The shoulder width is probably even more important since these guys aren't going to be successful "stiff arming" a penetrating defensive player. There also appears to be a relationship in my mind between width and weight; the wider the player, the more weight he can carry effectively.

I see a fault in looking at arm length without considering shoulder width at the same time. The shoulder width is probably even more important since these guys aren't going to be successful "stiff arming" a penetrating defensive player. There also appears to be a relationship in my mind between width and weight; the wider the player, the more weight he can carry effectively.
I’ll be completely honest and say I’ve never considered those other measurements because I only discovered the trend of arm length with Tackles recently. Thanks for helping to expand my understanding of this!

Hunt impressed me how good he was becoming at tackle, but simply put, Hunt is just a beast at guard...An All-pro beast.

If Liam Eichenberg can continue to play as well on the right side, as he did on the left in ND, this line will finally take that big step forward.

Imagine, an OL man that excels at two positions.

Could this be an indication the FO knows what it's doing? - LOL

(Nobody tell LargoFin we're in here discussing arm length, or that we drafted a Tackle without the perfect arm length. He'll go ballistic).

I think 4 factors will show that our OL is improving:

1. Playing rookies at their college position (not making them learn a new position in first year)
2. Upgrades in experience for Jackson, Kindley and Hunt.
3. Better fitness levels for Jackson, Kindley and Hunt.
4. Backups are quality- Davis, Dieter, etc,

I like setting positions early. Reps. Yes there's some advantages in cross training everyone, and trying various combos, but for OL IMO it's reps. Reps, reps, reps. Individual, side and position specific, technique and footwork reps. Reps together as a unit for timing and cohesion, and signals. Reps. Make everything 2nd and 3rd nature instinctive. Did I mention reps?

Back
Top Bottom