Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

I love all the "it makes no sense posts" just on page one when a couple of people said that we're taking on salary to swap picks and get the better one of the swap.
No it's their job to blast Grier in every thread. All those who initially came in here complaining have since disappeared until the next thread.

This is interesting. Two “shut down” corners. But one is old. How many years left on Talib’s contract?

This is interesting. Two “shut down” corners. But one is old. How many years left on Talib’s contract?

He is a free agent after this season. I doubt he resigns here next season.

Also have to wonder if this was partly a knee jerk reaction to our putrid cornerback play last night? Maybe bringing in a vet who's familiar with the Pats system might have a calming effect? They can really spin it anyway that they to want but I kind of see it as being irrelevant for now. Maybe he plays at some point but I'm guessing it's more of an insurance pickup - you need bodies and we're less likely to hit on a 6th or 7th round pick. Not loving it but don't hate it either - just like this season I'm sort of "meh" about the whole thing.

Also have to wonder if this was partly a knee jerk reaction to our putrid cornerback play last night? Maybe bringing in a vet who's familiar with the Pats system might have a calming effect? They can really spin it anyway that they to want but I kind of see it as being irrelevant for now. Maybe he plays at some point but I'm guessing it's more of an insurance pickup - you need bodies and we're less likely to hit on a 6th or 7th round pick. Not loving it but don't hate it either - just like this season I'm sort of "meh" about the whole thing.
You're sort of "meh" for picking up a 5th in exchange for our 7th?

Back
Top Bottom