Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

Also have to wonder if this was partly a knee jerk reaction to our putrid cornerback play last night? Maybe bringing in a vet who's familiar with the Pats system might have a calming effect? They can really spin it anyway that they to want but I kind of see it as being irrelevant for now. Maybe he plays at some point but I'm guessing it's more of an insurance pickup - you need bodies and we're less likely to hit on a 6th or 7th round pick. Not loving it but don't hate it either - just like this season I'm sort of "meh" about the whole thing.

WTF.jpg

is everyone on this board high.... how does this take 19 pages to straighten everyone out!

I wish people would read an entire thread before responding to the initial post. Nothing more annoying than reading 18 pages and you have people come out of the wood with posts like "but he is old" or "what draft pick did we give up". :bobdole:

As others pointed out earlier, if Miami signs a few free agents in the off season they will likely more than counter the free agent loses of Talib and any other current Dolphins in the comp pick formula. Still a 5th for a 7th isn't bad and Talib's contract will be off the books in the offseason and won't really impact the Dolphins salary cap.

Serious???

Isn't bad????????????????

We get a 5th in 20 for a 7th in 22!!!!

Isn't bad??????????

It's a royal effing swindle!

How about a 1st in 20 for a 3rd in 22????

("Yeah, that wouldn't be bad.") :lol:

Hello? Ever heard of time value let alone a HIGHER VALUE PICK!

Geez!

:lol:

So how much did we pay for this 5th rounder?

Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the writer in the article I posted has a good point, when we cut him it helps us in the comp pick formula.

And if the league sees no evidence we are tanking it begs the question just how blatant does tanking have to be before they see evidence?

Serious???

Isn't bad????????????????

We get a 5th in 20 for a 7th in 22!!!!

Isn't bad??????????

It's a royal effing swindle!

How about a 1st in 20 for a 3rd in 22????

("Yeah, that wouldn't be bad.") :lol:

Hello? Ever heard of time value let alone a HIGHER VALUE PICK!

Geez!

For some reason I don't see adding a 5th round pick for a 7th round pick as being the same thing as adding a 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick. I'll have to work on that.

So how much did we pay for this 5th rounder?

Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the writer in the article I posted has a good point, when we cut him it helps us in the comp pick formula.

I just read a media opinion piece criticizing the deal because of how much the Dolphins paid for the right to a 5th round pick.

My question is, why do people care? If it's coming out of Stephen Ross' pocket and not their own and furthermore it's not affecting future cap space for the franchise. It seems to me people are focusing on the wrong thing, as it doesn't affect fans or the franchise in any negative way.

What's next? Are they gonna complain about how much Stephen Ross paid for one of his houses? Or cars? Or real estate investments??

Much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
I’m not gonna read 19 pages of thread on this subject. It’s simple, Talib will never suit up for the Fins, it is all about getting another pick. Talib will walk once the season is over.

For some reason I don't see adding a 5th round pick for a 7th round pick as being the same thing as adding a 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick. I'll have to work on that.

OK. Pick a draft position. Say R2. Now add 2 positions and get R4.

Most folks realize the lower number indicates a sooner ("better") pick.

And since there are 32 NFL teams -- the difference between the 2 slots

could be as high as 64 picks! So if you get to pick now, and I have to wait

up to 64 picks later -- and wait 24 months to make that pick -- is that

"good" for you?????

Keep in mind we're playing tomorrow!

And if the league sees no evidence we are tanking it begs the question just how blatant does tanking have to be before they see evidence?

Did you actually watch the game last night?

Players and coaches that are trying to lose don't jump out to 14-0 leads and threaten to win games. They don't drive the field and score on last minute drives then go for 2 to risk possibly winning, as they did against Washington. They don't take first half leads on the road in Buffalo.

When has a team like, say, Cincinnati done that lately??

Back
Top Bottom