Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

No, we get a fifth rounder for taking on his salary. This is found money.
Plus we more than likely get a compensation pick when he leaves this spring. Problem here is everyone is so used the complainant they can't help themselves

Well if that’s the case ok. But I’m not sure it is when we salary dumped all over the place already
Yeah, MLB has been doing this the past few years on a regular basis. I doubt this piece of dirt even sees the field this year.

Probably not, but it's not about that. It's about the fifth-round pick and possible compensation for money we work using anyways.

Comp picks will not be a factor for us, we’re going to be signing more q

As others pointed out earlier, if Miami signs a few free agents in the off season they will likely more than counter the free agent loses of Talib and any other current Dolphins in the comp pick formula. Still a 5th for a 7th isn't bad and Talib's contract will be off the books in the offseason and won't really impact the Dolphins salary cap.

Last edited:
Anyone here think we resign him for next year to start opposite Howard?

So about 3.2 for 4

Ok that’s better. Thank you. 800k is close enough I’d say. Of course that will be almost a 6th rounder by the time the rams are done this year but lol ok
And here I thought you were GM

There's a reason to the madness. It's about speculating to accumulate. All I'm bothered about is that they hit pay dirt with those picks.

We are probably going to spend more money than any other team during FA. Comp picks are likely out of the question.
Yeah, but that's not the New England patriot way. You're basing this on an assumption, we can be smalltime buyers, truth is none of us know yet

Plus we more than likely get a compensation pick when he leaves this spring. Problem here is everyone is so used the complainant they can't help themselves
Nah, we will spend too much and offset any of that comp pick stuff

So we're picking up a 5th round pick for some of our abundant salary cap … makes sense. Not a fan of taking Talib, but in 2 years He'll be gone anyway, so it's just the salary dump for the pick. Here's hoping he isn't a cancer in the fragile young locker room. Talib has been known as a bit of a hothead and not an ideal citizen.
You are correct. As I understand it we were gonna lose the money anyways. Basically this is a reward for not spending the money.

Back
Top Bottom