Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

What do the Pats do aquire lots of draft picks every year. Flores is following that plan. In many cases they miss on many of them but they have twice the ammunition to cover up the mistakes. Plus with this roster this years crop will have a great opportunity the next 2 years to stick.

As long as the pick is lower than a 5th, we get to rent him for the season.

And if the league sees no evidence we are tanking it begs the question just how blatant does tanking have to be before they see evidence?
If Nathan Peterman and Legedu Naanee enter the field of play at the same time on offense, it sets off an automatic alarm in the league front office that a team is tanking. Outside of that, you can do pretty much anything you want and it won't raise suspicion. :biggrin

Call me Crazy but if I were the fins Provided he is healthy enough toward the last 3 games, I'd be open to trying out Talib in the secondary to see if he still has the goods.. If he still can cover **** well we basically get a 5th round pick and a cover corner to go with X till the new younger CB's come up to speed.

If he plays well I'd have no problem signing him to a 3 year 12 million dollar deal before he hits free agency, The guy brings toughness to the locker room something our young rookies can look up to.

Talib,Jones,Howard, would be a hell of a secondary on paper in 2020

Talib could be a building block for this team.I think he's got two more good years left.

The guy always plays tough, Even if he lost a step I think he could be a hell of a ball hawk at free safety and the guy is a good tackler to boot... I'm hoping to hear we resign this guy to a 3 year 12 million dollar contract if he can still play which i think he can.

I posted immediately after it was a 2022 7th because we had to give something.

And it’s conditional.

My voice is small it seems

We bought a 2020 5th rounder for the price of a 2022 7th and 4.8 million in a tank year. That's a good trade.

Goddamn yall just want to have an opinion and react at something in any way you can, so long as you REACT. People saying these moves are "independent of each other" and have "no plan" just show how goddamn ignorant they are

Grier
Is
Killing
It

I’m so excited based on some basic **** from same guy who told me 2022 7th at noon. Notice how J James officially is now worth a 4?

He immediately got that value back. Grier has his two year plan.

And if the league sees no evidence we are tanking it begs the question just how blatant does tanking have to be before they see evidence?
The evidence is in the bottom line. That's all that matters.

If the owners or league see or believe that what we are doing this year will cost them, either through lower ticket sales, lower merch sales or through financial damage due to a loss in credibility (especially if sponsors and/or broadcasters start complaining) they will likely take it seriously. However all Ross has to do is to make the point that following this one year we will more than pay back that potential loss due to setting the draft alight and instigating a massive youth movement that will rejuvinate interest locally and nationally and not only more than cover poor ticket and merch sales but provoke intense media interest and provide an exciting narrative for the next few years.

Bear in mind the league has seen fit to bat away various child, sexual and domestic abuse cases and allow a multitude of unethical practices by teams and not seen any significant effect on 'the product' or it's ability to make money, so they are unlikely to be up in arms about what we are doing.

Back
Top Bottom