Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

Your making an assumption that only supports one side of your argument. There is no guarantee your pick at 8 or 13 will hit, Maxwell and Alonso could be very productive and Alonso is cheaper than 8 or 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not making any assumptions.

I'm talking about a TEAM BUILDING Philosophy.

Do you seriously think that Grier and Gase were involved in this decision?

These are two players who both finished the season injured.

They can find HEALTHY players anywhere, there is no reason to throw away draft position for those two specific players.

It is not a CHEAP move

& it is not a Guaranteed successful move

Find healthy players, let your GM run the draft, that's why he gets paid and has the job title of GM

Maxwell's agent, Alvin Keels, told ESPN's Josina Anderson his client was indeed headed to Miami. Fox 29's Howard Eskin added that the trade can't officially be completed until Wednesday but reported the Eagles received four draft picks.

That rumor was squashed yesterday

It's not negligible and your second sentence is empty. If 5 spots isn't such a big deal, we should have no problem sending two players to SD to move to 3 cause 5 spots don't matter and it would be foolish not think you couldn't get a productive player at 8 while getting a bust at 3

You are mistaken if you think moving from 13 to 8 and from 8 to 3 is even comparable. You also seem to be acting like 5 slots matters the same no matter what. It all depends on how you have your draft board set. Maybe you feel 13 to 8 is a big drop in talent, many however disagree.

It's not negligible and your second sentence is empty. If 5 spots isn't such a big deal, we should have no problem sending two players to SD to move to 3 cause 5 spots don't matter and it would be foolish not think you couldn't get a productive player at 8 while getting a bust at 3

It's not as simple as that. You have to look at your needs vs projections of what you believe will be available.

Every pick made has a potential to bust whether they're picked 3, 8 or 13.

It's not as simple as that. You have to look at your needs vs projections of what you believe will be available.

Every pick made has a potential to bust whether they're picked 3, 8 or 13.

Sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics and empty rhetoric to try to justify a move that everyone except dolphin fans think is highway robbery. If the jets were doing this exact deal, you and every other person trying to justify this deal would be laughing at them.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 39s40 seconds ago
With Vernon and (likely) Grimes off the books, the Dolphins will have more than $40 million in cap space. They need every penny.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Beasley thinks the Fins might pivot to Prince Amukamara.

Even if we got Maxwell prince was probably a big target for us.

If we don't get Maxwell he's almost a must sign player for us.

My question is why did the gmen decide to roll with Jenkins instead of Prince?

Percentages favor a better chance for success with a higher pick but the difference from 8-13 is negligible. That said, the draft has no guarantees and to think we can't get a productive player at 13 vs 8 is foolish.

if you aren't getting at least a 2nd round return doing that taking whats on the board out of it period even then you aren't getting good value...in terms of what your 8 pick is worth relative to 13...really that simple...and no taking on maxwells salary and Alonso at this stage doesn't give you that return on the drop out

and that's not counting any of the players you could have chose from at pick 8 that you can't at 13 cause they are already gone

Agreed but obviously they felt (as do I) that the renegotiated salary and play of Maxwell and potential of Alonso made up the value.

Whether you make the pick or the trade there is risk involved.

Some of you are dismissing how big a drop in the first that is. Look at it like this. Do you want the 8th best player in college football or the 13th?

I know it's all relative to how much we suck at drafting in the first place but let's stay at a place where we know elite talent will be and try not to fugg it up.

Gonna pray to the god of skinny punks this trade falls through. Tannenbaum will give it all away if you let him

the fanbase was already far from thrilled about this move, now we know he has at least a "concerning shoulder" good luck trying to sell this if they force it through

Sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics and empty rhetoric to try to justify a move that everyone except dolphin fans think is highway robbery. If the jets were doing this exact deal, you and every other person trying to justify this deal would be laughing at them.

I'm not justifying anything and no I wouldn't ridicule the Jets if they did it.

The flip side is that every move the Dolphins make will be ridiculed from the start because a former Jet GM is making them.

the fanbase was already far from thrilled about this move, now we know he has at least a "concerning shoulder" good luck trying to sell this if they force it through

IF it is a sprain, then it is not an issue in terms of injury.

Lets all just pretend we won that Jacksonville game last year. We'd probably be picking around 13th. We get Kiko and Maxwell for nothing.

I'm not justifying anything and no I wouldn't ridicule the Jets if they did it.

The flip side is that every move the Dolphins make will be ridiculed from the start because a former Jet GM is making them.

Nah. If we unloaded a bad contract and a player who can't stay healthy and actually moved up draft spots in the first to do this, there wouldn't be a soul here that wouldn't think it was a great deal

I'm not making any assumptions.

I'm talking about a TEAM BUILDING Philosophy.

Do you seriously think that Grier and Gase were involved in this decision?

These are two players who both finished the season injured.

They can find HEALTHY players anywhere, there is no reason to throw away draft position for those two specific players.

It is not a CHEAP move

& it is not a Guaranteed successful move

Find healthy players, let your GM run the draft, that's why he gets paid and has the job title of GM

Once again, Alonso played the last 9 weeks of the season to include week 17 against the Giants.

Your assumption is the 2 players are gone in 2 years and are unproductive.

Back
Top Bottom