Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 16s17 seconds ago
Still a good chance that Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso land with Dolphins, I'm told. But a lot of moving pieces (comp, contract) involved.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 16s17 seconds ago
Still a good chance that Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso land with Dolphins, I'm told. But a lot of moving pieces (comp, contract) involved.

Not at all surprised by this report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant believe how many people think the 8th pick has such a better chance of success than the 13th.

It's not about that.

You want to build your team with drafted players.

They are younger, they cost less, they are easier for ROOKIE COACHES to deal with.

Trading down makes sense, if they get more picks, but trading down to get two players with injury concerns, who will cost more money and will be gone in two years or less

isn't sound

You want to give your NEW GM a chance to hit on the best player possible.

Percentages favor a better chance for success with a higher pick but the difference from 8-13 is negligible. That said, the draft has no guarantees and to think we can't get a productive player at 13 vs 8 is foolish.

It's not about that.

You want to build your team with drafted players.

They are younger, they cost less, they are easier for ROOKIE COACHES to deal with.

Trading down makes sense, if they get more picks, but trading down to get two players with injury concerns, who will cost more money and will be gone in two years or less

isn't sound

You want to give your NEW GM a chance to hit on the best player possible.

Your making an assumption that only supports one side of your argument. There is no guarantee your pick at 8 or 13 will hit, Maxwell and Alonso could be very productive and Alonso is cheaper than 8 or 13.

Percentages favor a better chance for success with a higher pick but the difference from 8-13 is negligible. That said, the draft has no guarantees and to think we can't get a productive player at 13 vs 8 is foolish.

It's not negligible and your second sentence is empty. If 5 spots isn't such a big deal, we should have no problem sending two players to SD to move to 3 cause 5 spots don't matter and it would be foolish not think you couldn't get a productive player at 8 while getting a bust at 3

This organization is showing it could f*** up a cup of coffee.... the higher the pick the better, were not looking at draft gurus here they need every little edge they could get...

I know some people have been saying Eli Apple can be had at #13 if we miss Vernon Hargreaves. Heard good about him so I'd be OK with that, but...
all I know is, if there's a chance Myles Jack or Bosa fall to #8, Miami is going to look Extra, Extra foolish.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 39s40 seconds ago
With Vernon and (likely) Grimes off the books, the Dolphins will have more than $40 million in cap space. They need every penny.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Beasley thinks the Fins might pivot to Prince Amukamara.

Maxwell's agent, Alvin Keels, told ESPN's Josina Anderson his client was indeed headed to Miami. Fox 29's Howard Eskin added that the trade can't officially be completed until Wednesday but reported the Eagles received four draft picks.

if you aren't getting at least a 2nd round return doing that taking whats on the board out of it period even then you aren't getting good value...in terms of what your 8 pick is worth relative to 13...really that simple...and no taking on maxwells salary and Alonso at this stage doesn't give you that return on the drop out

and that's not counting any of the players you could have chose from at pick 8 that you can't at 13 cause they are already gone

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago
With Vernon and (likely) Grimes off the books, the Dolphins will have more than $40 million in cap space. They need every penny.

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 25s25 seconds ago
Dolphins expected to cut Brent Grimes for "personal reasons" (aka his wife) according to @JeffDarlington on @SiriusXMNFL.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 25s26 seconds ago
Dolphins possibly wondering if they can kiss and make up with Grimes conjures memories of Sparano and Harbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom