Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

Love Elliot and you might be right However, Elliot could go prior to 8. Goff is not going to be the pick.

Again, the swap would have brought in two starters for a simple move down in the draft? That is not that bad of deal considering.

I don't think that Elliott goes before #8, and the issue as per Goff is if a team wanted to trade up for him, possible imo. #8 pick has a lot of value.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 28 secs29 seconds ago
Maxwell sprained SC joint, where collarbone meets sternum, missed last 2 games. Told Eagles he could’ve played if they’d made the playoffs

Disagree. There is a difference between 3 vs 8 in this draft against 8 vs 13.

BTW, Albright can take his victory lap, but he is leaving out the part about a #4 going to Philly.

Oh, so now we get to qualify which 5 spots are "not a big deal" and which aren't based solely as to whether the Dolphins are involved in trading it.

Face it, if we had the 20th pick instead and looked to move to 25 you would use the same rhetoric that it's not a big deal but in that instance if I use the example of moving from 8 to 13 you'd say how there's a difference.

Truth is, you're gonna look to justify any move we make

yeah we were getting hozed and I don't know how anyone says "it's not that bad of a deal" and feel good about it...just by those words you are taking a loss

screw taking losses...to drop from 8 to 13 should require at least a minimum 2nd round return and Alonzo right now and absorbing maxwells salary and getting him off their books doesn't equal that...it's a bad deal we were making a mistake per usual

Factor in not signing 2 free agent starters but trading for them and turning that into a more likely compensatory pick or 2 for our guys ( third or fourth at that) . . . Not blowing guaranteed money on these free agents and having a better deal on your draft pick . . . I would say "not a bad deal" is accurate.

My beef is, i think we could of done even better with that being a fire sale.

yeah we were getting hozed and I don't know how anyone says "it's not that bad of a deal" and feel good about it...just by those words you are taking a loss

screw taking losses...to drop from 8 to 13 should require at least a minimum 2nd round return and Alonzo right now and absorbing maxwells salary and getting him off their books doesn't equal that...it's a bad deal we were making a mistake per usual

On the other hand, the thinking about this being a bad deal is losing the chance to get Jack or Hargreaves at 8. They might not even be there at 8. If that's the case, we might be getting the same guy regardless.

Interesting

:lol:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

On the other hand, the thinking about this being a bad deal is losing the chance to get Jack or Hargreaves at 8. They might not even be there at 8. If that's the case, we might be getting the same guy regardless.

Same guy, for less money and a much cheaper fifth year option than a top 10 pick would get.

Tannenbaum and his incompetence hopefully being saved from himself. Terrifying though, even if it falls through, that we wanted this deal

@LesBowen

Source: Maxwell went to Miami for physical, told Dolphins’ doc he couldn’t do bench press or pushups. Told Eagles he was fine at end of year

:lol:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Same guy, for less money and a much cheaper fifth year option than a top 10 pick would get.

im sorry but this is as dumb a justification as I've heard...come on kdawg...that's a load of crap

im sorry but this is as dumb a justification as I've heard...come on kdawg...that's a load of crap

You have to give them something . . . There are positives . . . Especially if they feel that A. Their guy wont be there at 8 and B. The guy who they realistically want can be had at 13.

They win by gaining two starters via trade, almost guaranteeing a third or fourth compensatory pick at minimum. The cheaper rookie deal and much cheaper fifth year option is icing on the cake.

"let's all move to pick 11 and avoid that ridiculous 5th year option"

:sidelol:

Ross needs to grab Tannenbaum and get him out of the office today.

tumblr_n4foaiwk1C1t8omi7o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom