Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

So lets put things into perspective. And let me say preface it by saying I have no idea if Maxwell or Alonzo will be any good or not. But let's look at history with the Dolphins.

We chose Culpepper over Brees because of Brees shoulder. How'd that workout. Grimes was released and picked up by the Dolphins coming off a knee injury. I think we'd all say it worked out pretty well.

Let's just see what happens before we blow our wads on whether this is a bad trade or not.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2m2 minutes ago
Final outcome of #Dolphins-#Eagles trade now on hold could have ramifications for Miami CB Brent Grimes, who was likely to be released

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2m2 minutes ago
Final outcome of #Dolphins-#Eagles trade now on hold could have ramifications for Miami CB Brent Grimes, who was likely to be released

im sure he cant wait to come back

good job tbaum

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 46s47 seconds ago
Trade side note: Kiko Alonso, also part of deal, passed his physical, had dinner with coaches last nite and flew home this morn. All good.

im sure he cant wait to come back

good job tbaum

I'm shocked anyone would think the Dolphins would want a player like Grimes back after this past season. He's physically on the decline and his wife is a ticking publicity time bomb for any team Grimes plays for.

There may a team out there willing to risk all of that for Grimes, but for the Dolphins to want to have anything to do with a situation like that would be the real definition of incompetence.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 46s47 seconds ago
Trade side note: Kiko Alonso, also part of deal, passed his physical, had dinner with coaches last nite and flew home this morn. All good.

Let's just workout a deal for Kiko!

You move down five spots down in the draft for two starters while staying within a bandwidth of the draft that the players are similar? This is/was not a bad deal.

I'm shocked anyone would think the Dolphins would want a player like Grimes back after this past season. He's physically on the decline and his wife is a ticking publicity time bomb for any team Grimes plays for.

There may a team out there willing to risk all of that for Grimes, but for the Dolphins to want to have anything to do with a situation like that would be the real definition of incompetence.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Let's just workout a deal for Kiko!

oh no doubt...grimes has to go...the damage is done now

Back
Top Bottom