Dolphins Trying to Trade McMichael | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trying to Trade McMichael

ha ! one of the most important positions in his offense and he's shopping the centerpiece ... hmmmmm

Trade him for a third then go get Johnson from san fran. He's a better all round player than Randy.

WHY?

A third round pick?

After years of service....and after being drafted in the 4th round...that is NOT value for a player.

This is another latteral move from our front office.

If they sign Porter..and then trade McMichael..the payroll will be hopelesly slanted on defense.

Wow. First the rumors of Chris Chambers on the trading block, now Randy McMichael. Face the facts guys, this doesn't look like your average off season. This is a team going into rebuilding mode and trying to do it fast.

Getting rid of Randy for a third is good and all, but who the heck is gonna take his place? Justin Peele? What a joke! And the draft isn't that great when it comes to TE depth, so we must be looking at a possible free agent.

I heard a while back that we were looking at the possiblity of trading up with the Redskins and all it would take was a 1st rounder and 3rd rounder. Maybe this trade is a way of us getting back that third rounder we would lose. MMM...its interesting none the less.

Rumors are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

I just don't see us trading Randy for anything less than a high 2nd rounder. Or a few picks.

But why would you trade a player that's consistantly in the top 10 of all of the NFL? Maybe they see something we don't. I merely see his stats.

I personally like Randy McMichael. His attitude, his passion for the game, his desire to win. If you're trying to rebuild, you need a center piece for the team thats vocal and passionate.

If this is true, McMichael will probably have to restructure or sign a new contract before such a trade is possible.

I'll be the first to throw it out there...

maybe they think that Greg Olsen can be a difference maker and are targeting him with the 1st round pick. Heard he was unbelievable at the combine (after being a top-prospect all along) and is now looked at as a top-15 pick.

maybe we can get that guy from San Diego for him.....whats his name that crappy Te......LOL

A 3rd rounder is good value at this point. I like McMike and all but his play is anything but consistant, especially his hands. Add in the fact that he has a big contract and trading him doesn't sound all that bad.
He blocks more than anything so we should sign Graham if the price is right. He's a great blocker with decent hands.

Good. The guy has never lived up to the hype. He drops way too many easy catches. When he decides to play hard, he is fantastic. Unfortunately it hasn't been too often. In his defense, he was used more as a blocker in recent years. I'd be happy to see them go in another direction. I guess we'll see what happens.

Obviously Peele won't be the answer either, but I've been quite disappointed with McMichael's drops and production the last few years. His level of play isn't on par with the great talent he has.

Rumors are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

I just don't see us trading Randy for anything less than a high 2nd rounder. Or a few picks.

But why would you trade a player that's consistantly in the top 10 of all of the NFL? Maybe they see something we don't. I merely see his stats.

I personally like Randy McMichael. His attitude, his passion for the game, his desire to win. If you're trying to rebuild, you need a center piece for the team thats vocal and passionate.[/quote]

I'am not a big McMichael fan, but he does have that. All the more reason to sign Joey Porter. He's very vocal and emotional. Jason and Zach are the leaders, but are they really vocal and emotional?

Back
Top Bottom