Dolphins Trying to Trade McMichael | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trying to Trade McMichael

I'll be the first to throw it out there...

maybe they think that Greg Olsen can be a difference maker and are targeting him with the 1st round pick. Heard he was unbelievable at the combine (after being a top-prospect all along) and is now looked at as a top-15 pick.
I would love to have Olsen in Miami, but having him would mean Brady is not coming to Miami. Also, I am a big McMike fan. He is a great TE. He has his case of drop balls once in a while, but he is very effective blocking and he is one of our only real threats in the end zone. If he is gone, I hope we bring a veteran and hope he is going for something higher than a 3rd rounf pick. By the way, what happened about Chambers also being in the trade block??
Maybe the vickings might be interested in switching places in the draft in trade for McMike. They need a TE.

If McMichael is the centerpiece of our offense then the Phins are in deep trouble. A tight end is a complimentary piece to the offensive puzzle. Further, McMichael is one of the top paid tight ends in the league. Is there better use for his money?

It seems to me that Mueller has put feelers out to see how he can improve this team. I firmly believe that it never hurts to listen to offers and Mueller can accept or deny any offers based upon what is in the best interest of the Phins. Just because we have put feelers out does not mean that Mueller is going to give away our skill players. It just means that he is interested in finding out what the market is.

Yeah that! :D

he needs to get with shula and marino and hit that jenny craig plan man.
he's gotten slow. so slow. and his hands arent that great..
plus, i do tire of his flips everytime he gets hit..

a 3rd would be good..but then
what will we do for tight end?

He may be on the trading block but I don't know how many teams want an underachieving tight end unless the Redskins are intrested in him.

Great move.

He drops way too many balls and complains about having to block. Get a 3rd for him and trade up with other picks.

McMichael is the most overrated player in Miami Dolphins history.

McMichael is also the most inconsistent player in Miami Dolphins history.

He surely isn't worth that contract that Saban gave him........ :yes:

Can anyone say REBUILD. It's about getting rid of fat contracts and bringing in younger players.

If we were ever to shop him this is the year. As far as the market goes, you have 1 underclassman who ran a good 40 at the combine and that's about it.

I would like to see him packaged with another player or draft pick so we could get a 2nd rounder instead.

Oakland,Gree Bay, and Cinncinatti are all looking for a an improvment at TE.
I could see giving Oakland McMichael and our 4th for their second. That number 33 would almost assuredly bring another starting impact player like Khalil or Jarvis Moss, one of the WR's like Rice or Tony Ugoh. Houston or another corner.

The Greg Olsen talk is pretty pointless. Olsen has never been considered more than a mid first round prospect at best. Drafting him at #9 wouldn't just be a major reach - it'd be insane. If McMichael gets traded, look for Cameron and Mueller to bring in a Vet FA and draft a long term prospect late.

Justin Peele is our backup still right? He used to play for San Diego and maybe Cam thinks hes good enough to start so rather overspending in free agency on positions we need we trade McMichael away and fill those wholes throught he draft!

Back
Top Bottom