Dolphins Vs Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

dolfanattic5

you got chambered
Super Donator
Reaction score
So I figured I would give my opinion of the Jets after their Monday Night Massacre. The overreactions are hilarious. Jets fans (on their forum) are already counting their wins and saying 7-3 is easy and Dolphins fans are generally blowing this game out of proportion too. Make no mistake about it, this Jets game will be tough for sure. Darnold looks really good for a rookie, but he also made some rookie mistakes. We will need to capitalize on them

For some reason, the Jets running-backs (especially Powell) run really well against the Dolphins. I think that that Jets will be able to run the ball effectively, but I also think that we’ll get way more pressure this week. The Jets were supposed to have an atrocious offensive line. It was bad last year and they did nothing during the off-season to fix it. While they played well tonight, the Lions don’t have a great defensive line and Ansah also left the game in the early 2nd quarter (before the implosion). I think that we’ll see Robert Quinn and Wake getting a lot of pressure on Darnold. I feel that the conditions in our game didn’t play to our edge rushers strengths. Especially, Quinn who really has a good bend, with it being tough to get the footing needed. What I am worried about is getting beat deep by Robbie Anderson with TJ playing FS.

Offensively, the key will be to run the ball more this game. Drake and Gore looked very good before the delay and we kind of got away from the run game in the later parts of the Titans game . This will be a tough game for Tannehill, but I also think that his first game was an anomaly, as he is normally very good at protecting the ball (especially in the redzone). He will need to make smart and quick decisions with the football, as this will be a tough matchup for the offensive line.

I’m looking forward to this matchup. The Jets will be super confident. We will have to get off to a good start, because the Meadowlands will be rocking on Sunday. Fins up!!!!

Last edited:
Playing them early in the season, especially with them having a great opener, is not ideal, in my opinion. The fans are going to be rowdy and very into the game, not yet demoralized after another season of classic Jets chokes.

The Jets look extremely physical in the trenches, and their OL coach / run game coordinator is Rick Dennison. Rick Dennison is a Mike Shanahan guy and I believe the Jets will be able to run with ease over our defensive front 7. That's going to make things much easier for Darnold in a situation where you absolutely want to squeeze the rookie and expose him to bad situations to try to force mistakes or panic.

For Miami to have any chance to win this game, the Dolphins are going to have to be strong in the trenches. That means pass protection MUST hold up early, and our DEs in particular are going to have to be strong at the point of attack.

Darnold did look pretty good considering it was his first start. But, Detroit looked totally disinterested from the very beginning. The Lions had absolutely no energy as if they were still in the preseason mode. Not talking away from what was a good victory for the Jets, but Detroit made a lot of mistakes. That made it easier on Darnold as well. I think he only threw 18 passes total.

Miami absolutely needs to get a lead in this one and force the Jets to get away from their running game, which looked good against Detroit. That's probably the oversimplified key to the game. Force Darnold to make plays for the Jets to win the game.

I didn't catch his first INT, and the game on in the background while doing other things, but from my limited view he seems like the real deal.

And went back and watched the replay of that first int. I think he learned the hard way why you don't throw across the field like that.

Nothing against Darnold, but he’s a Jet now. So everything against him. I hope we give him a proper welcome to the AFCE.

Nothing against Darnold, but he’s a Jet now. So everything against him. I hope we give him a proper welcome to the AFCE.
To the AFCE and the FACE.

Edit: On second thought, I don't want any of our players getting hurt on that face.

Did we really think the Jets were that good? Maybe for a half of a second!

Whats funny is why did they admit it so soon??? They could have racked up a few more wins.

Then again it's the Jets :shame:they suck.

Jets LB on Matt Stafford: 'We knew his signals; we knew everything'

DETROIT -- The New York Jets intercepted five passes in a game for the first time in 19 years, and they believe it's because they knew what was coming.

"We were calling out their plays as he was getting up to the line," linebacker Darron Lee said of quarterback Matthew Stafford, who was intercepted four times in the Detroit Lions' 48-17 loss at Ford Field.

"We knew his signals," Lee said. "We knew everything. That's just preparation as a defense. ... It seemed like we were in his head as a defense."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ay-defense-knew-matthew-stafford-signals-rout

Last edited:
Playing them early in the season, especially with them having a great opener, is not ideal, in my opinion. The fans are going to be rowdy and very into the game, not yet demoralized after another season of classic Jets chokes.

The Jets look extremely physical in the trenches, and their OL coach / run game coordinator is Rick Dennison. Rick Dennison is a Mike Shanahan guy and I believe the Jets will be able to run with ease over our defensive front 7. That's going to make things much easier for Darnold in a situation where you absolutely want to squeeze the rookie and expose him to bad situations to try to force mistakes or panic.

For Miami to have any chance to win this game, the Dolphins are going to have to be strong in the trenches. That means pass protection MUST hold up early, and our DEs in particular are going to have to be strong at the point of attack.

Are the fans really important? If Miami ever wants to actually make the postseason they’ll be on the road and the opponents’ fans will be there. That’s life.

Your other points are valid. It’s also one game so far. It wouldn’t shock me if the Jets reverted back to where they were in most folks eyes. Also keep in mind it may be a very rainy and windy day based on where Florence ends up.

We don't have go go-go or Bill Lazor these days though didn't like the way we telegraphed the "fade" to Gesicki. Hopefully that's a once-off error all round.

Our o-line better be Sharp because Tannehill could have a rough day if not they got some viciousness there.

Stafford absolutely suck last night.

Darnold looks like he could be something special but as other posters said he's young and if we don't capitalize on his mistakes and disguise coverages shame on us. Burke has to earn his paycheck in this game prep.

Another failed Belichick disciple in the making in Detroit??

Jets TEAM is a scary matchup for Miami, will be a good test for us. Bring it on

Back
Top Bottom