Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad

Overrated time of year. Low percentage. I don't like low percentage. It's like an unlikely parlay. You have to detect something special in a discarded player, and have the rest of the league miss it. Good luck with that.

As always, the rare exceptions will be touted far beyond their worth. Earthlings love exceptions.

Our guys get so much preseason spotlight. We learn their names. Then nobody wants any of them when they are jettisoned. That should be a bit of a hint. This year with the third stringers avalanched it's even less surprising than normal.

Logan Thomas picked apart the Canes in 2013 on underneath crossing routes. One after another. Often on third down. Of course, he took advantage of one of the greatest situational spots of all time. Virginia Tech +7.5 points in that game was my second largest college bet of 2013, behind only Stanford giving 8 points at Washington State. Miami was a phony 7-0 in 2013 despite not being very good. Rose to a ridiculous #7 in the polls. Then they were exposed at Florida State for the first defeat of the season. Duke Johnson gets hurt and is lost for the season. Then somehow we are giving a full touchdown to Virginia Tech a week later. It's still difficult for me to believe. Early when I arrived in Las Vegas a very sharp guy shared some of his favorite angles with me. One of them was to take advantage of phony teams that survive unbeaten deeper into the season than proper. He told me that after that first loss they are still brutally overrated and invariably fall apart. The public often expects the opposite, for them to rebound. I took plenty of heat on Canes sites that week for announcing that Virginia Tech +7.5 was a great bet. Miami actually started quickly, including a darting 80 yard catch and run by Stacy Coley. I was never worried. It ended up being a rout. I was annoyed that I didn't have a chunk of the money line.

Anyway, Logan Thomas could be a designated Hail Mary guy at the end of the first half or game. Great arm. He's also a zone read threat. In fact, he pulled out a high scoring game at Blacksburg vs. the Canes a year earlier with a 4th and short keeper for the winning touchdown.

In high school he was the top rated tight end prospect in the country, before switching to quarterback. I'm sure that has been mentioned.

That long, drawn out post just to tell us you won a bet in 2013 and that Thomas has a big arm? Cool story bro.

Yeah I don't get that. Pretty sure more moves to come.

I read that Kovacs brings Philbin his coffee and washes his car.seriously I think Philbin took a liking to him.
He probably supports Philbin and lets him know the team gossip

Jones as a gunner had some nice plays a couple of years ago but no one has been impressed with him since. Kovac is not strong on st, on returns he is a liability, he gets blown up. Both are pretty bad and its also bad that Hickeys been unable to find better. I dont know what he does all day at the office!

Kovacs being on the team does surprise me. The guy is awful when playing defense. Did we just keep him on for special teams?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Jones as a gunner had some nice plays a couple of years ago but no one has been impressed with him since. Kovac is not strong on st, on returns he is a liability, he gets blown up. Both are pretty bad and its also bad that Hickeys been unable to find better. I dont know what he does all day at the office!

Drinks champagne and listens to Frank Sinatra records?

Kovacs had some extra burst I saw in some of his snaps.

Still not a good player. Would hate to see him in Quarter formation. Hopefully Ced Thompson develops at an accelerated pace and adds some more bulk to his frame.

I like that point about ced thompson and more bulk with his frame...he needs it...

I like that point about ced thompson and more bulk with his frame...he needs it...

The good thing about Thompson is that he has that short-range burst you want. He's physical and willing to throw his body out there. He looks like a cornerback out there though. Give him a year in the NFL bulking up program and he should be a pretty serviceable asset next year at the very least on ST.

The good thing about Thompson is that he has that short-range burst you want. He's physical and willing to throw his body out there. He looks like a cornerback out there though. Give him a year in the NFL bulking up program and he should be a pretty serviceable asset next year at the very least on ST.

Yep...looks and tackles like a corner too right now...a year in the offseason program may do wonders

Im looking at lbs around the league, making plays, and we are clinging onto Zach Vigils of the world. Bears for example cut the guy who blew up the entire side of our offensive line on Sam Acho interception, udfa Jonathan Anderson.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000509750/Acho-intercepts-Bethel-Thompson
Khaseem agreene cut by Tampa who made a pkay Ive yet to see one of our lbs make. Yet Hickey brought in and is clinging to lbs who never make plays.

Khaseem green is horrid

And that is just fine because he is many times better than the Hickey specials weve gotten over the last couple of years, you know, players that sone praise but are yet to make a play like Vigil and Tripp etc.

Back
Top Bottom