Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

Interesting. Interesting he also left Jax and Atl, as well. They're better fits for him.

Depending on the price. Yes.

But this is what happens when you run an outdated scheme. You must pay out the ass for it to be worth a **** and you must have outstanding talent across the board for it to work.

Let's say it's 1 yr $10M contract, because he wants to reset his value for 2018. In all sincerity, WTF does that do for us? That's just another one year rental on the DL to go along with Hayes. It better not be a lucrative long term deal either.

And if that were to be the price point, whats the total investment then on the DL?

He's only 26 so a long-term deal would fit based on where he is in his life. The issue is Miami doesn't really have the money to give him such a deal this year.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

For sure, but Poe has a chance to make more money in 2018 by playing by Suh next year.

Definitely.

Walking from atlanta tells me money is an object here...as it should be frankly given his talent level

Medical staff green lights it why not

Heck you never know he may love it here and want to resign in 2018 at a team friendly rate

This team needs another dt that can handle a double team bad...pittsburghs double teams murdered us in the playoff game

Indy has the better chance at the playoffs since their division can be won with a 9-7 record.

In recent seasons I'd agree with that but this coming season Indy may finish dead last in their division. If Romo goes to TX they run away with it and TN is really on the rise as well. And even Jax could finally do something with good leadership in place now.

I can't see him coming on the cheap. Too many visits. I'm assuming money has been discussed prior to all his visits. I think Miami will offer a large salary with large amount guaranteed. The only other way is if all of the teams were low balling him. Guess that is remotely possible. We'll find out shortly. I'm thinking 10+. Less than that would make me VERY pleasantly surprised.

Dontari,
IMG_2379.gif

Clearly has more left in the tank than Foster had?

[video=youtube_share;qbhDSNxwVrs]https://youtu.be/qbhDSNxwVrs[/video]

But seriously tho, his would be quite an upgrade:

[video=youtube_share;igMQTcBZOdw]https://youtu.be/igMQTcBZOdw[/video]

Lowering his snapcount may well help get his production back up closer to his best. Also, somehow he is only 26

A. We need to stop the big run play
B.We need to PRESSURE QBs
If he is the guy to compliment Sue pay him but get a lber for gawds sake

See you dont let 26 year old dancing bears get away unless something is a miss

Theres more to this its got to be the medical

I found it odd kc let him walk...could be medical could be crazy contract demands could be combo of both

To me if health isnt an issue which the medical staff has to green flag hed be worth what the ravens paid brandon williams to retain...and thats to kc so what gives?

In miami hed have suh next to him could rotate with phillips and also not have to play so much 2 gap and can handle himself though when doubled better than anyone not named suh

KC dropped a record setting contract for safeties on Berry and probably needed a cheaper option at NT which they got in Logan.

No one's going to 2 gap in our front. It would require too much of a rework of the run fits and then would nullify our philosophy of the front 4 creating pressure. When we face PA, it freezes our LB corp for a moment anyways. Now imagine having to get pressure with the front four, but Poe is stuck at the LOS trying to maintain his gaps, we only get pressure from 3 with late reacting LB's. 2 gapping any DL just doesn't work in our scheme.

Poe had surgery for herniated disc. I bet teams are offering him short term deals, and he's holding out for a long-term deal since it may be his last (DT with serious back problems isnt playing into his 30's). If Tannenbaum wants Poe, he'll get him.

See you dont let 26 year old dancing bears get away unless something is a miss

Theres more to this its got to be the medical

An nflpa report released today said KC has 6m in cap space.... but I take your point they could have found room if they were desperate

Just realized Poe's agent is Jimmy Sexton.... who is Tannenbaum's agent. Makes too much sense.

This suddenly got more interesting for me. Tbaum is either doing his buddy a favor or there's fire with this smoke.

Back
Top Bottom