Don Banks: Biggest offseason mistake? Phins taking Culpepper over Brees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Banks: Biggest offseason mistake? Phins taking Culpepper over Brees

feelthepain said:
I'll take Culpepper over Brees every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I wouldnt. I have seen 2 Saints games and Brees has looked decent. Saints were poor last season. I wont lose faith in Culpep but Brees is playing as advertised.

What I don't understand is, Brees failed the physical exam and Culp passed it? Was this just a cover up to make Culp feel that he wasn't a 2nd choice?

And as soon as Brees got killed behind our O-Line and reinjured his arm everybody would have said how could you pay that much for someone with a bad arm. Either way people would have said it was a bad decsion.

nuttie_buddie said:
guys i thought that brees decided to go to the saints then we pick up culpepper...or like he was not taking the deal we offered him

I think it was actually both. Brees wanted more up front and Saban decided to go another route. The pick will hurt us if pepper doesnt pan out but it was worth it at the time.

I preferred Brees at the time, simply because he didn't cost us a draft pick. With that said, I was ecstatic when we got DC(even if he did cost a 2nd rounder), because I never would have guessed he'd be available. Plus we spent a 2nd rounder on Feeley who was completely unproven. And I can understand Saban choosing DC, because Saban discovered Brees' injury was more serious than they had origonally thought, and it was his shoulder that was hurt. If you have two all pro qb's coming off injuries, nearly every coach would want the QB trying to come back from the knee injury, not the one coming from a shoulder injury.

I think the other AFC East fans breathed a sigh of relief when the Dolphins got Culpepper instead of Brees. :shakeno:

Personally I wanted Brees for the Dolphins. He seemed like the real deal befoe his shoulder injury. I don't care of a QB doesn't have a cannon arm, but if they are smart with the ball then I'll take him.

People can bust on noodle arm Chadwick but he can at least get the job done.

Plus, we still would have had the 2nd round draft pick and wouldn't have the possibility of losing the 5th rounder for Harrington due to the stipulation.

I hate trading away the drafts.:tantrum:

ILPhinFan88 said:
And as soon as Brees got killed behind our O-Line and reinjured his arm everybody would have said how could you pay that much for someone with a bad arm. Either way people would have said it was a bad decsion.

I hear what you are saying. Its a shame that the Saints can improve so much and we can stand still or even backtrack in so short a time. O-Line, O-Line, O-Line!

you can never take a shoulder injury over a knee, the knee takes longer but can last longer vs the shoulder, bress will not be playing in three years with a shoulder like that

I wanted Brees also until I heard how bad the shoulder was injured. Culpepper was the way to go at the time. I just hope DC gets his mobility back. If not, we wasted a 2nd rounder.

The guy is a tool. Sorry, but Brees would not be doing any better for us than DC and Joey. We have more than just a QB issue. Marino would be getting his arse handed to him with this group. The OL, penalties, missed blocks, no running game via holes, etc.

It's easy to say Brees was the better choice. He was a) TOO expensive and b) not looking well by our doctors. SO, do you give a #2 to a great QB coming off a knee injury and is cheap, or 10+ mil guaranteed to a QB with a suspect shoulder injury? Duh.

NO has a better running game, better OL, they have Bush, an established offensive system that works. So adding anyone other than Brooks makes them better. Give us Brady and we'd still have a losing record.

ILPhinFan88 said:

there you go, one bad fal on that shoulder, career in jeopardy again. i hope it doesnt happen but..,.its hard enough for a qb to deal with a cuff and labrum injury once

feelthepain said:
I'll take Culpepper over Brees every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you take him twice on Sunday, does that mean you want double the Sacks and double the turnovers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom