Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch)

Unbelievable, 2020 BLOWS!

Coolest thing i read about him recently is on his 90th birthday around 100 people threw him a surprise party, For that many people to show up to a 90 year old man's birthday is very rare and to me that is true wealth not money.. He impacted so many lives positively and inspired legions of dolphin fans. Love coach Shula and even though he never won a Superbowl in my lifetime, I was blessed to be able to watch him coach..

26 years and only 2 losing season's with the fins is something very few will ever match.

Unbelievable, 2020 BLOWS!

Coolest thing i read about him recently is on his 90th birthday around 100 people threw him a surprise party, For that many people to show up to a 90 year old man's birthday is very rare and to me that is true wealth not money.. He impacted so many lives positively and inspired legions of dolphin fans. Love coach Shula and even though he never won a Superbowl in my lifetime, I was blessed to be able to watch him coach..

26 years and only 2 losing season's with the fins is something very few will ever match.

Well plenty have coaches have matched the second part and beyond lol

Shula was loyal to a fault. I admired that but I think that was his greatest weakness when it came to football. Still one of, if not the best coach ever.

Shula was the epitome of using the players you have to win. I'm sorry he never got a good RB during the Marino years but do not discount that the fact that he led the Dolphins to two Super Bowls in the 80's. I hope he can impart some wisdom to Flores. Rest in Paradise Mr. Shula.

Awesome thing I just heard from Chris Berman besides calling him the top of his list. Not sure if posted because so many posts but he said. "Don Shula can take his'n and beat your'n," Bum Phillips, then the Houston Oilers coach, once said in his Texas twang. "Or he can take your'n and beat his'n."

Last edited:
? Shula was part of my childhood, and for that I'm grateful. I always knew that with him and Marino at the helm, we always had a chance.

Shula was a class act, a winner and he will be missed.

My condolences to the Shula family and may his legacy live on.

RIP Coach Shula. For the longest time he was the only coach I had known as a fan. Doubt I would be a Fins fan if not for him and what he's done. The proper respect being shown around the NFL is well deserved.

"Don Shula can take his'n and beat your'n, or he can take your'n and beat his'n." Bum Phillips.
And that's why he was and is still the winningest coach of all time. Analysis, gameplans, charisma, leadership and hard work - Shula was the whole package. RIP Coach - you have truly earned it.

Back
Top Bottom