Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch)

Well plenty have coaches have matched the second part and beyond lol
26 years and 2 losing seasons? I can assure you that list in NFL history is less then 3.

Can only think of bellichick and Marv Levy Hell I can't even name another coach that held onto their job 20 season's in the modern NFL lmao..

Last edited:
26 years and 2 losing seasons? I can assure you that list in NFL history is less then 3.

Can only think of bellichick and Marv Levy Hell I can't even name another coach that held onto their job 20 season's in the modern NFL lmao..

Bellichick has 5 losing seasons.

I used to go yearly to Phins games in Miami. About 15 years ago me and my buddy (who's also a huge Phins fan) were down there and on a Monday Night we went to Shula's Steak 2 in Miami Lakes. I didn't know it at the time but they shot a local Dolphins show there on Monday nights which IIRC Joe Rose hosted. Well Coach Shula was the guest that night. We were looking at some of the photos in the lobby and then Coach Shula walked by us about 15 feet away. We called out "Don" and as he walked by he just gave us a wave as he kept walking.

As this franchise has struggled especially since 2004 I had no idea how lucky I was to have him coaching the team all those years. It's nice knowing that you were basically going to win 10 or near it every year. Took him for granted TBH

2020 SUCKS

A lot of great memories growing up watching Shula led teams. They don't make em like Coach Shula anymore that's for sure. Much love to all of Finheaven and the whole Miami Dolphin family. Saying goodbye to a classic. RIP Coach Don Shula

Back
Top Bottom