Don't be Surprised . . . | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't be Surprised . . .

I agree. Reality will dictate a lot of what we can or should do this year. I know Flo is stubborn and won't want to budge, but Grier has to live with his reality. He can't focus only on the next game most of the time like Flo can. However, I think Flo agreed to this partnership; so, will gracefully bow to circumstances in the end.

As long as you think Grier will defer to what Flo and staff want, I agree

After years of observing the GOAT up close and personal, it's very plausible that Coach Flo and O'Shea want a pocket passer like Brady. Burrow will be long gone. Using your premise, it's possible that Grier will come back for a 2nd or 3rd First round tasting with Fromm.

The more I look at what Miami wants to do, with the players in the draft, Fromm seems more and more like where they go, along with taking one more look at Rosen in 2020 if what they said about him improving are true.

Miami will be picking a RB very early, if Fromm is the plan.

I still think Fromm is the choice at QB. Though I have concerns with ball security he’s outstanding pre snap, teammates love playing with him, team guy, intelligent and I think he’s a fit with this offense. I won’t be at all surprised if he’s their first pick

Yeah, but if Grier always chooses based on talent first and foremost, doesn't he risk another Minkah Fitzpatrick situation? As long as Flo is HC, anyway?

Minkah is as heady and assignment sound a football player as you will ever find.

People are better playing the selfish card than the football iq one.

Miami needs more guys like minkah just not to miscast them cause of their own roster incompetence personnel wise.

Mimicking the patriots is hard. And of course they have the goat at qb.

Something this board wants to keep moving the needle on.

But I digress

Having Brady is something that's not only hard to duplicate (he's just so damn smart), but his value goes beyond stats and measurables.

On the other hand, if you look at the other side of the ball, the success is almost completely system driven. BB has an innate ability to identify an opponents weaknesses and tendencies, and gameplan to attack them. It only works because of the flexibility of the players, and not asking them to do more than they are physically capable of executing.

Don't get me wrong, they have had some very good to great individual players, but most good teams do, as well. The difference is what he gets out of average "jags".

I have noticed a lot of players who move on from NE, given nice contracts, are never heard from again.

I know this is obvious, but I think Flo et al will take system match players, BUT after deciding they have a minimum level of talent. That minimum level will change from day 1 to day 2, but I doubt they'll forego talent and focus on fit.
I've said a couple of times, high on the traits of QB will be mental quickness and a film room obsession. You're right, being coachable will also be high.
I think more of this year's players will start next year than some think. More will be on the roster than some think. I expect they'll pick 4-5 'critical' holes to fill and focus on those. If they can fill others for low cost or low risk, fine, but I doubt they'll try to fill every hole, in spite of cap.

LT, RT, RG, Edge rusher (SOLB or DE) and S

On the field I will take a run at greatness over picking safety choices -

Off the field I want genuine family types you know character guys over people who are not big enough for the moment not big enough to know when to party and when to get prepared to work

I’m just as amazed as anyone else when they announce the patriots defensive starters every game and how much they are able to shut down the opposition.

But one thing they are to a man is extremely assignment sound. Be it gap, be it leverage, be it coverage call or even the way they attack shoulders on the los to free guys up to the qb or ball carrier etc.

I still think Fromm is the choice at QB. Though I have concerns with ball security he’s outstanding pre snap, teammates love playing with him, team guy, intelligent and I think he’s a fit with this offense. I won’t be at all surprised if he’s their first pick
IDK. From an intellectual, and "read" standpoint, he is aupposed to be (and I hate the term) the most "pro ready".

That's all well and good, but I believe his arm is highly suspect.

If you can't make the deep out on a rope, good defenses can cheat you out of 5-10 yards on the sidelines, and that's something you have to live with for a QBs whole career.

I think someone like AJ Epenesa would make a lot of sense for our defense. Can play end in a 3 man front, and also rush from the edge in a 4 man front

No outside shoulder of the tackle win

Last edited:
I’m just as amazed as anyone else when they announce the patriots defensive starters every game and how much they are able to shut down the opposition.

But one thing they are to a man is extremely assignment sound. Be it gap, be it leverage, be it coverage call or even the way they attack shoulders on the los to free guys up to the qb or ball carrier etc.
Exactly, and that's what I believe is one of Flo's strengths. He will insist every player, regardless of physical ability, know their assignments, and execute without hesitation.

Shula was also big on being assignment sound. It was not nearly as complex in those days, but still every bit as important.

What good is an all world physical talent, if he doesn't know where he is supposed to be, or a step slow to react.

Back
Top Bottom