Don't be Surprised . . . | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't be Surprised . . .

I can only wish. I would eat that crow with some hot sauce. I can see your 2020 excuse too..."well the draft is a crapshoot and you can only expect to get 1 or 2 starters out of the bunch... maybe... if that at all."

All the guys you mentioned him drafting have gotten us to this point where we are considered one of the worst teams in the league. You are proving my point for me... Unless you think the people you just mentioned (Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant, McMillan, Godchaux, Fitz, Gesicki, Baker, Sanders) were the best players that could have been had at their positions.

Tunsil is his best pick... And guess what... It was all luck because of the gas mask issue.

Howard is the only good pick he has ever made that wasn't luck.

This little line right here explains A LOT ...your standard is not based in reality it's based in some Madden-esque fantasy world where a "good" GM makes the right pick every time ...oh and your fascination with the concept of "luck" is telling as well since you could spin literally EVERY successful pick as "luck" if it fits your agenda

Getting the system fits, like Beigel, Van Ginkel, Charlton, Wiltz, Rowe, Needham and William's is going to get priority. I can see a few major F/A signings sprinkled in, similar to what New England has done over the years; but they won't do what Tannenbaum and others have done in Miami in the past. In the draft, they'll target their guys, but perhaps swing for the fences, if a too good of a prospect is staring them in the face. They seem, more about player development then star power.

I like that they want good guys and team first guys and all that but they need to be careful.....that's how you end up with players like Charles Harris......this team needs top talent and in the past Grier have drafted players base on how much he liked the person instead of how much he liked the player.
Was the first thing that came to mind for me - a team filled w Charles Harris gets you to 2-14 in a hurry. More talent is needed on both sides of the ball. Then watch the systems really take off.

Getting the system fits, like Beigel, Van Ginkel, Charlton, Wiltz, Rowe, Needham and William's is going to get priority. I can see a few major F/A signings sprinkled in, similar to what New England has done over the years; but they won't do what Tannenbaum and others have done in Miami in the past. In the draft, they'll target their guys, but perhaps swing for the fences, if a too good of a prospect is staring them in the face. They seem, more about player development then star power.
I’ll always wonder if Tannenbaum thought he was truly helping the team compete or knew he was putting lipstick on a pig and simply trying to drive fan interest.

Charles Harris is brought up a lot... and I guess that's fair, if not entirely accurate.

It isn't like the team's scouting department didn't think he had talent too. They were wrong about that, but it isn't like they said, "hey, here's a guy with no talent that works very hard."

Let's be honest, no one is drafted that is without talent, or at least partisans who think they have it.

Generally when a fan says, "we have to have this guy because he is a generational talent", it means... "I like this guy a lot." and that's about it. Hell... Ryan Leaf had 'generational talent'. Jamarcus Russell had a 'cannon like arm'.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

He must have not drafted Michael Deiter and the slew of great rookies making an impact on this team this year.

Even our first round pick has not made a noticeable impact on the field the way you would like your best pick to.

Grier's best picks this year came after the draft in Preston Williams... which was all luck because he had a bad rep pre-draft.
I come to think that your posts have only the function of annoyance. How can you already evaluate last year's draft?
Wilkins is slowly improving.
Deiter has played almost every snap, shown versatility and, considering our OL talent, has done some good things and some not so good. Let's see how he does next year.
Van Ginkel has recently returned from IR.
Then you have Prince, Cox and Gaskin who all were drafted between round 6 and 7.

Our draft class of 2019 has not excelled but looks promising.

I hope that if Grier isn't really sold on a QB this year, that he waits until next to draft a QB that he really really likes. I would have no problem if he traded Miami's number 1 pick to some team who really wants Herbert for another # 1 pick next year and several other picks this year. Build the foundation first and build it strong.

LOL, I have no doubt about that. Although I've read the Phins are trying to change the narrative about what happened concerning Jackson between Grier and Ross. Sadly, I couldn't read the Mando article about it. Not subscribed.
Right click on the article and open where it says incognito, opens right up.

Right click on the article and open where it says incognito, opens right up.
Hey, thanks! I have not tried that. :thumbsup

Update: Worked like a charm. Thanks again, BSQ :cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: BSQ
I come to think that your posts have only the function of annoyance. How can you already evaluate last year's draft?
Wilkins is slowly improving.
Deiter has played almost every snap, shown versatility and, considering our OL talent, has done some good things and some not so good. Let's see how he does next year.
Van Ginkel has recently returned from IR.
Then you have Prince, Cox and Gaskin who all were drafted between round 6 and 7.

Our draft class of 2019 has not excelled but looks promising.

Looks promising? Nah. If they over achieve maybe it will be a mediocre draft class. This draft class had no impact on the team and our record shows that as well.

We need to stop being ok with mediocre drafts. I know for a fact you all will be content with whoever Chris Grier drafts because you guys support him but I won't be. I want great drafts... Hell, at this point I would take an above average draft class. Up to this point Chris Grier's last 3 drafts have led us to this record and the worst season in recent history.

My posts annoy you because you are a complacent Homer and I am the antithesis of that. I criticize what is wrong and give credit where it is due. I call it like I see it. You on the other hand see everything with Aqua and Orange glasses on. Blind Faith is for the religious.

Last edited:
This little line right here explains A LOT ...your standard is not based in reality it's based in some Madden-esque fantasy world where a "good" GM makes the right pick every time ...oh and your fascination with the concept of "luck" is telling as well since you could spin literally EVERY successful pick as "luck" if it fits your agenda

How about you dispute any of the points I made with facts to support Chris Grier being a good GM? You won't... because you can't.

The only good thing this guy has ever done was get decent trade value when he traded away all of our remaining star players.

How about you dispute any of the points I made with facts to support Chris Grier being a good GM? You won't... because you can't.

The only good thing this guy has ever done was get decent trade value when he traded away all of our remaining star players.

I dunno, it's looking more and more like Grier chose the right HC for this rebuild; and perhaps the future.

Back
Top Bottom