Don't Look Now, But Tannehill Is Having A Resurgence - Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Look Now, But Tannehill Is Having A Resurgence - Again

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's difficult to ignore the numbers (129.9 passer rating since the return), but I like what I see in the video I posted in this column. His complete command at the line of scrimmage shows a player that is comfortable in the system, and some of his ancitiaption throws (post-route TDs to Butler and Parker, corner to Stills) shows that he's really feeling it.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/ryan-tannehills-late-season-surge-is-noting-new/

Funny comment but there is some truth to it. He doesn't seem to do well when flustered in the pocket. Now when there is a WR for him he will stand there and take that hit, but I just don't like the hits he takes when he seems to be completely caught by surprise.

He was sacked on over 20% of his dropbacks on Sunday. I wouldnt say he is good at anticipating anything.

Close but not really. He had 19 attempts but for it to count as an attempt a pass needs to be thrown. There were 4 against him (1 was Brock) so 19 + 4 is 23 drop backs for a 17% sack rate. You can say I'm splitting hairs but you said over 20% which is dead wrong.

Close but not really. He had 19 attempts but for it to count as an attempt a pass needs to be thrown. There were 4 against him (1 was Brock) so 19 + 4 is 23 drop backs for a 17% sack rate. You can say I'm splitting hairs but you said over 20% which is dead wrong.

You are right. I thought it was 5 on tannehill and 1 on Brock.

We'll be a lot better when we get a QB that can jump over those free rushing defenders...or use the force to push them back!

Right. Those are the only two options. He couldn’t throw the ball away or throw to the hot route.

We'll be a lot better when we get a QB that can jump over those free rushing defenders...or use the force to push them back!

yeah, we really need a qb adept at evading unblocked 260lb linebackers that run a 4.6.

he’s just so bad at that.... he has at least a full second and a half to look diwnfield for his receivers while dealing with unblocked ir barely blocked linemen. get with it RT!

If we're talking about the near safety against Buffalo couple weeks ago, I'll give you that point. The sacks this last week...I dont think there were many options for throwing it away or quick releases. If your point is that Tannehill sometimes holds on to the ball too long and should ditch it more, I think it's a valid argument. Hardly unique to Tannehill and outweighed by his positives Id argue.

We're stuck. Notice that some of Tannehill's biggest fans soured on him earlier in the season but now have returned as touts.

That is the incredible danger of making subjective swaying decisions based on a small window of results, as opposed to a long term logical overview. cbrad on the other site is one of the very few who doesn't fall prey to the faulty thinking. Darn shame he doesn't post here.

When you apply a method like that then all of a sudden you are making wild assertions and adjustments within the same category. That's how suddenly Kirk Cousins is not even close to Ryan Tannehill, when over the bulk of their careers the meaningful stats have always slanted sharply in the other direction. <O> (Shouright) was making that point a year ago, that Cousins was far ahead of Tannehill by applicable meaningful numbers. We've had Andy Dalton dismissed as nothing but a product of A.J. Green, and not in the same realm as Tannehill.

Those are Crowd quarterbacks. No kidding there will be fluctuation. It is not a straight line of plug and play predictable results. That's why Crowd teams are eligible to defeat Cream teams. It happens often. But it is like a tease. Gaps are so narrow in this league that Crowd can pretend as Cream and fool the fans who want to adjust up, up and away. But if you ignore recency and look at results in total, and in comparison to undeniable Cream, that's when the jolt of reality applies. We have a Crowd quarterback in a league with new Cream quarterbacks entering all the time. That means our margin for error is incredibly low. Andy Reid is now eligible to make personnel mistakes and dismiss star running backs and suffer injuries galore. He took the risk and found that star quarterback. The window and margin for error are now immense.

Granted, it would be an outlier result to mirror Kansas City's accomplishment. I fully acknowledge that. But I always have to laugh when posters here scramble to list Crowd quarterbacks who won Super Bowls. They supply that same type of outlier list, the same handful of names every time. And I guess we are supposed to be impressed, even though Super Bowls now span 50+ seasons.

We're stuck. Notice that some of Tannehill's biggest fans soured on him earlier in the season but now have returned as touts.

That is the incredible danger of making subjective swaying decisions based on a small window of results, as opposed to a long term logical overview. cbrad on the other site is one of the very few who doesn't fall prey to the faulty thinking. Darn shame he doesn't post here.

When you apply a method like that then all of a sudden you are making wild assertions and adjustments within the same category. That's how suddenly Kirk Cousins is not even close to Ryan Tannehill, when over the bulk of their careers the meaningful stats have always slanted sharply in the other direction. <O> (Shouright) was making that point a year ago, that Cousins was far ahead of Tannehill by applicable meaningful numbers. We've had Andy Dalton dismissed as nothing but a product of A.J. Green, and not in the same realm as Tannehill.

Those are Crowd quarterbacks. No kidding there will be fluctuation. It is not a straight line of plug and play predictable results. That's why Crowd teams are eligible to defeat Cream teams. It happens often. But it is like a tease. Gaps are so narrow in this league that Crowd can pretend as Cream and fool the fans who want to adjust up, up and away. But if you ignore recency and look at results in total, and in comparison to undeniable Cream, that's when the jolt of reality applies. We have a Crowd quarterback in a league with new Cream quarterbacks entering all the time. That means our margin for error is incredibly low. Andy Reid is now eligible to make personnel mistakes and dismiss star running backs and suffer injuries galore. He took the risk and found that star quarterback. The window and margin for error are now immense.

Granted, it would be an outlier result to mirror Kansas City's accomplishment. I fully acknowledge that. But I always have to laugh when posters here scramble to list Crowd quarterbacks who won Super Bowls. They supply that same type of outlier list, the same handful of names every time. And I guess we are supposed to be impressed, even though Super Bowls now span 50+ seasons.

Because Finheaven opinions made a difference in the franchise's decision making then or now?

Back
Top Bottom