Don't Look Now, But Tannehill Is Having A Resurgence - Again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Look Now, But Tannehill Is Having A Resurgence - Again

Granted, it would be an outlier result to mirror Kansas City's accomplishment. I fully acknowledge that. But I always have to laugh when posters here scramble to list Crowd quarterbacks who won Super Bowls. They supply that same type of outlier list, the same handful of names every time. And I guess we are supposed to be impressed, even though Super Bowls now span 50+ seasons.

Seems you get a good laugh or two with every post.

That is the incredible danger of making subjective swaying decisions based on a small window of results, as opposed to a long term logical overview.

Translation: I made up my mind ages ago based on things that have nothing to do with his play in the NFL and I'll be damned if I'll let his play on the field change my mind.

P.S. Vegas, I'll take that bet, barstool types, tape watchers, adjusters.....

Translation: I made up my mind ages ago based on things that have nothing to do with his play in the NFL and I'll be damned if I'll let his play on the field change my mind.

P.S. Vegas, I'll take that bet, barstool types, tape watchers, adjusters.....

Now add 600 words to the salad and drip some condescension and pomposity over top...

Let's see how he plays the remainder of the season, historically we fall apart when it gets crunch time in must win games towards the end of the season.

Funny comment but there is some truth to it. He doesn't seem to do well when flustered in the pocket. Now when there is a WR for him he will stand there and take that hit, but I just don't like the hits he takes when he seems to be completely caught by surprise.
Flustered? There is pressure coming from every angle on every throw and he’s still trying to get through his reads. Is that what you’d call flustered?

Funny comment but there is some truth to it. He doesn't seem to do well when flustered in the pocket. Now when there is a WR for him he will stand there and take that hit, but I just don't like the hits he takes when he seems to be completely caught by surprise.

Unfortunately, It's something we're going to have to live with for at least 1 more season.
It's so odd, considering, he played receiver. You'd think he's at least decent at maneuvering the pocket.
A lot less mobile Qbs are better at that skillset.

Clearly, some guys have a knack for how to do it and get out of harm's way. But that's not the case for him and it makes me wonder:

1) Has he ever been REALLY coached on how to look out and avoid stuff like that?
2) Is all of his coaching based on scanning the field no matter what? Never look at the OL they'll give you the necessary time.

It's odd but i feel like he's never really been coached on how to play the position properly in the NFL until Gase got here.

Finally, The fact that he's not played QB his entire developmental years makes you conclude, that there are certain fundamentals of how to play the position, that he's never really quite learned.

Back
Top Bottom