Don't we have enough picks? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't we have enough picks?

The whole filling all our needs concept is hyperbolic. This isn't fantasy football. We won't ever fill all our needs nor will any other team. Players are always going to become FAs, get injured or decline just enough to cause a need for fresh blood at a position. The question with the picks is what moves or selections can be made to impact the team in the most positive manner? We're also not going to hit on every pick. I often argue that you can feel as rosy as you wish about the roster but one injury and the entirety of the O or D can be impacted. There are some positions that aren't glaring holes but we have insignificant depth so we appear to address an unneeded position to alleviate that depth issue.

As others said, it's a combo of FA and draft working together.

Your truck has a Quesadillas sign, shouldn't it be a honey-buns sign?

I am not opposed to trading back, but with so many draft picks already, and obviously not every pick makes the team, isn't it time to just draft best player available and not trade back?. I understand the concept of you can't have too many picks, by trading back aren't we in theory taking lesser players?. Also we already have a very young team. Or, are we so bad at drafting players the more picks we have the likelihood of getting good players increases with more picks?
Quick answer: No we do not have enough pics (likely no one is ever satisfied, but especially a team with multiple areas for improvement).
We need 2 WRs, 1 RB, 1 edge rusher, 1 LBr, 1 OL, 1 DL, 1 DB in the first two rounds and will not have that with just four pics.
Yes, many positions may be filled in late rounds (and we should for depth and that surprise home run pick), but unless you want a QB I would trade down if possible.

I am not opposed to trading back, but with so many draft picks already, and obviously not every pick makes the team, isn't it time to just draft best player available and not trade back?. I understand the concept of you can't have too many picks, by trading back aren't we in theory taking lesser players?. Also we already have a very young team. Or, are we so bad at drafting players the more picks we have the likelihood of getting good players increases with more picks?
I imagine it comes down to your player projections. For instance if Chase is sitting there at #3 and you project him as a pro-bowler, and you project the rest of the receivers available to you later as JAGs, then you stay put. But if you project Chase as good but not great, and also project several other receivers at similar levels, then you trade down.

If there was a Joey/Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, or chase young type edge rusher prospect this year then yes stay at #3. But that's not the case and this draft is pretty deep in the early rounds. I would try to trade down from only #3 and ideally not outside the top 10 and then hopefully draft a WR. One of three will still be available between Chase, Smith, and Waddle. Picking a WR at #3 just isn't good value and I don't think Sewell is the prospect everyone on here thinks he is. Plus we have invest two early picks last season in Jackson and Hunt, we have other holes to fill and desperately need playmakers on offense.

Back
Top Bottom