Dowell Loggains is new OC | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowell Loggains is new OC

Let's not panic, give this coaching staff some time to put it all together.

On the positive side, Gase is trying to improve the offense instead of hoping Thill back fixes everything. I would be more upset if Gase was stubborn and thought everything would magically get better without making any changes.

Bill Lazor

29th in the league in rushing attempts, 31st in rushing yards. 6.6 yards per pass attempt, and only one NFL team (Minnesota) threw a higher percentage of its passes behind the line of scrimmage than the Bengals.

Come on. He wasn't the worst OC in the League, or ever, but he also wasn't very good. And you should agree with that, given that his play-calling in three seasons as an NFL OC has been a snapshot of your most frequent complaints about modern offensive play. I think Lazor did an overall crummy job for the Dolphins, and

Since Loggains isn't calling plays, then why are people freaking out? The buck stops with Gase. If Gase thinks adding Loggains makes the offense run better, then why not add him?

Clyde gave great press conferences. I'll miss them.

Honestly, my biggest criticism here is with the handling of the defensive staff, not the offensive staff. Apparently we don't even want to see if Vic Fangio would like the job here as DC? We didn't pursue Wade Phillips last off-season when we had a vacancy at DC, and we apparently don't plan to pursue Fangio now. That's two outstanding defensive coordinators who have become available that Miami doesn't want to look at? That's troubling.

29th in the league in rushing attempts, 31st in rushing yards. 6.6 yards per pass attempt, and only one NFL team (Minnesota) threw a higher percentage of its passes behind the line of scrimmage than the Bengals.

Come on. He wasn't the worst OC in the League, or ever, but he also wasn't very good. And you should agree with that, given that his play-calling in three seasons as an NFL OC has been a snapshot of your most frequent complaints about modern offensive play. I think Lazor did an overall crummy job for the Dolphins, and

Clyde gave great press conferences. I'll miss them.

Honestly, my biggest criticism here is with the handling of the defensive staff, not the offensive staff. Apparently we don't even want to see if Vic Fangio would like the job here as DC? We didn't pursue Wade Phillips last off-season when we had a vacancy at DC, and we apparently don't plan to pursue Fangio now. That's two outstanding defensive coordinators who have become available that Miami doesn't want to look at? That's troubling.
This 100%. My brother and I have been having this exact conversation since Vance Joseph left. I die a little inside seeing Wade Phillips in LA. We even talked about Jim Schwartz's availablity the year before. Christ, I'll take Spagnolo at this point.

Man, we might hate WR screens now, but Lazor called even more of those suckers and close cousins. Frankly his system was condescending towards Tannehill. I'm sure glad he's gone.

Wow. This kinda crap is like reserved for the porta potty!

NO!!! It's can't be happenin!

Gase can't be this shallow!?

Funny how Lazor is now with Andy Dalton, a player who suffers from the same difficulty handling pressure as Tannehill. The thinking is, get the ball out fast, end of problem. The trouble with that is it also takes away both players' strengths. Lazor's system would be better suited for a lesser not-very-good gunslinger type of QB, Matt Moore, for example. So I wouldn't call him the worst of anything, but he's one of the coaches I've been happier to see go, ever.

Gase calls the plays anyway. Who cares

It doesn't matter gase will be toast next year he's too busy trying to bring in his buddies

I tell you one thing he better bring in an experienced defensive coordinator if he keeps Matt Burke and doesn't change the scheme expect more of the same

I'm not excited about this, but it's OK. I was very unhappy with Christensen ... didn't seem to have a handle on things in Indianapolis or here. Players weren't accountable.

Loggains is an extension of Gase, so we should see something more akin to when Gase actually was an OC, which should be an improvement. Our season died by Tannehill's injury, so next year it should live again with his return. Loggains is just a more responsible cop to toe the line so Gase can get his message across to the offense.

Back
Top Bottom