Draft A Qb Every Single Year, Start Him Year 1 And Win | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft A Qb Every Single Year, Start Him Year 1 And Win

No way in hell can I put Goff in the elite category, yet. He needs everything to be perfect on that team for him to play well. Gurley is elite he makes that rams team hum. I agree with the other 3 QBs though.

Let’s just go all qb in every single round. Screw the rest of the positions!
Round 1: Murray
Round 2: Lock
Round 3: Grier
Round 4: Ta’amu
Round 5: Stick
Round 6: Stidham
Round 7: Fitzgerald

Bound to hit on one of em right? :nuke:

Your opinion is wrong. In my humble opinion of course lol

You have 7 rounds of a draft, using one pick per year on the most important position will not stop you from finding good players In other positions

Opinions cannot be wrong.

Pushing a string. We're going to get about 47 of these posts until everyone on this board learns their lessons from the Madden masters

It’s a good thing there are so many “smarter than yous” out there to be dismissive, then.

And yet, how many teams do this "obviously good strategy"? I wonder why it's so obvious to all of us arm chair GM's and yet the guys who are paid millions of dollars a year for actually doing the GM job don't all do this so obvious strategy?

I am of the opinion that it’s something that has generally been overlooked as a strategy. The important part is that it has specifically been missed since the CBA revision of 2012.

It’s not only about finding the right QB. It’s about QB as a position of high value on a low-priced fixed contract for four years. If you have a QB in-house, then draft a player in the late rounds and DO hit on him, you have a tremendous trade asset.

This isn’t something that is sustainable until the end of time. But I’ve suggested the Dolphins do it for the next several years in a row during a rebuild. Not a high pick every year, but a pick that has value.

I’ll debate this all day; nobody is going to convince me that drafting a developmental WR in the 6th round is a “smarter play” than drafting a QB at that same position during a rebuild.

lol! this again... Considering you can activate 3 QBs at most during a game, realistically only play 1 at a time and the fact that QBs can only fill exactly one role. How do you expect to evaluate what you 've actually got? I'm all for cutting the cord as soon as you realize the guy wont be elite, but you cant possibly know after one season. Nevermind the fact that for every QB you pick, you lose the opportunity to improve your overall team depth and fill your special team unit...

Last edited:
lol! this again... Considering you can activate 3 QBs at most during a game and realistically only play 1 at a time. How do you expect to evaluate what you 've actually got? I'm all for cutting the cord as soon as you realize the guy wont be elite, but you cant possibliy know after one season. Nevermind the fact that for every QB you pick, you lose the opportunity to improve your overall team depth...

The Miami Dolphins have started four QB over the past two seasons. This was with an established starter.

The Miami Dolphins have started four QB over the past two seasons. This was with an established starter.
So? Are you saying the Fins would be wise to have 4 QBs on the roster?

Draft one quarterback every leap year. In other even years, other than leap years, draft two quarterbacks. In odd years, do not draft a quarterback, except in the fifth year -- in the fifth year draft a QB in first round as a must.

Draft one quarterback every leap year. In other even years, other than leap years, draft two quarterbacks. In odd years, do not draft a quarterback, except in the fifth year -- in the fifth year draft a QB in first round as a must.

I’m going to assume you abandon this stance entirely if the Fins do what you want and draft Drew Lock at 13?

I have mentioned this on other thread as have others, we need to take a stab at a QB every single year in the draft until we get the right guy. Given that we are in a "rebuild" for the foresable future, this to me is the best strategy.

Frist things first, we need to move on form TH. Cap hit bedamned. Just move on one way or another, trade or cut.

Next, the strategy is simple. Draft a QB every single year (not saying round 1, but somewhere) and throw them in the fire. The outcomes would go like this basically:

1. We found our guy and well...**** YA!
2. He sucks and we end up with a top 7 pick the following year. Thats how you technically "tank", you have a POS QB in there. Draft a top guy if it makes sense, put the two in competeiton with eachother in camp and see who wins that batterl and rinse and repeat.

WIN-WIN.

Worst case we end up with 2 competant QBs and the franchsie can actually move forward with builidn the rest of the roster.

The NFL has gotten to a point where its no longer a Coach-QB league (see Bears). Its now a QB-Coach league. You cannot spend enough resources in finding a franchise QB.

None of the other crap we do matters whatsoever unless we have the franchsie guy. I dont care what other postions we upgrade, beacuse without our franchsie QB its all a moot point. Make it happen Grier.

Whose with me!?

I basically totally agree... without an elite QB...especially in this pass happy league with the 2007 rules changes... you are wasting your time.

The top 4 offenses were the final 4 this year.

If... we had practiced that philosophy 17 years ago Drew Brees would have been leading the Dolphins... not the saints.

It’s the Ron Wolf philosophy and it’s even more right now than it was when he did it... because of the passing rules changes and the changes to the rookie wage scale... much more possible to gamble on a QB today than back then.

instead we practiced the exact opposite... which is almost never drafting a QB(Except for Tannehill) ....and it has been total failure.

Scout the QBs...find your Targets/Targets...and get him.

We have passed on hall of fame QB’s trying to get by with average or mediocre....it doesn’t work and the fans hate it!

We struck out at GM and now we are hiring another dud at head coach. Eventually we will get one of the three key positions right. I'm on board with this plan. Keep drafting qb's until you find a stud.

Once you have the stud QB... much easier getting the best coach candidate!

And if pray tell you end up with 2 studs... now you have awesome trade bait.

Back
Top Bottom