Draft grades from around the net | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft grades from around the net

I wouldn't call call Drake a good player at all....Typically Tannenbumm **** where he can't see a good RB in the draft if it fell in his lap.

I like 3 picks ..Love Tunsil,Liked Howard and Doughty.?..I don't know anything about our Sproles clone but that pick made sense.The rest didn't.

I'll say C- This is not simply based on who we drafted. This is based on the fact of what we traded to get the players we drafted. Two WRs? I can see one late. But trading two middle picks from next year to move up very little to draft a WR in the 3rd? WTF was that? That just blows my mind. I will say this though: the two WRs we drafted have some serious chips on their shoulders and some serious skills. BUT, we bypassed some serious needs and gave up too much to draft two at a position that is one of our only strengths. Makes no sense to me.

I can't argue with you on that but sometimes you have to draft the higher rated player on your board no matter the position instead of drafting for need. As far as WR being a position of strength, right now it can seen as that but with Stills a possible free agent next year it could be seen that getting Carroo this year he can get the rookie growing pains out of the way and be ready for an increased role next year.

I'll say C- This is not simply based on who we drafted. This is based on the fact of what we traded to get the players we drafted. Two WRs? I can see one late. But trading two middle picks from next year to move up very little to draft a WR in the 3rd? WTF was that? That just blows my mind. I will say this though: the two WRs we drafted have some serious chips on their shoulders and some serious skills. BUT, we bypassed some serious needs and gave up too much to draft two at a position that is one of our only strengths. Makes no sense to me.

My preference is to wait and take the BPA, so I agree based upon my preference. In fairness, there are numerous past GMs that council trading up to get someone you are targeting.

I have it on good authority those grades mean we totally screwed the pooch.

I mean, the media is always wrong after all, right guys?

[video=youtube;F2vup9sm_ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vup9sm_ls[/video]

I wouldn't call call Drake a good player at all....Typically Tannenbumm **** where he can't see a good RB in the draft if it fell in his lap.

I like 3 picks ..Love Tunsil,Liked Howard and Doughty.?..I don't know anything about our Sproles clone but that pick made sense.The rest didn't.

The same kind of things you are saying about Drake now, were being said about Lamar Miller by some on this message board when he was drafted. Now everyone on here is pissing and moaning that Miami didn't pay Miller a big contract and let him leave in free agency. From what I have seen of Drake, I actually like him better than Miller when they both were at this stage of their career. I think he will give the Dolphins offense an element of explosion to go along with the tone setting running style of Ajayi. I love the kid and the pick.

I can't argue with you on that but sometimes you have to draft the higher rated player on your board no matter the position instead of drafting for need. As far as WR being a position of strength, right now it can seen as that but with Stills a possible free agent next year it could be seen that getting Carroo this year he can get the rookie growing pains out of the way and be ready for an increased role next year.

Oh I agree with you on the Carroo/ Stills thing. No question. (I'm not a Stills fan and didn't like the trade). I'm more concerned that there were a lot of talented players on the board where we were sitting and we gave up our 3rd and 4th next year to move up a few spots to take him. Those are valuable picks next year. I WAS excited about next year's draft because of the compensatory picks we were going to have in addition to our others. But we just flushed picks down the toilet to draft a position that was WAY down the list of what we needed to address. Blows my mind.

So if Gase comes out and says he "personally picked" the Drake pick, will your opinion be the same with swapping Tannenbaums name with Gase's?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000657476/article/2016-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-teams

2016 NFL Draft: Quick-snap grades for AFC teams

AFC East

Buffalo Bills
Draft picks: Shaq Lawson (No. 19 overall), Reggie Ragland (No. 41 overall), Adolphus Washington (No. 80 overall), Cardale Jones (No. 139 overall), Jonathan Williams (No. 156 overall), Kolby Listenbee (No. 192 overall), Kevon Seymour (No. 218 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A-
Day 3 grade: A-
Overall grade: A-

Miami Dolphins
Draft picks: Laremy Tunsil (No. 13 overall), Xavien Howard (No. 38 overall), Kenyan Drake (No. 73 overall), Leonte Carroo (No. 86 overall), Jakeem Grant (No. 186 overall), Jordan Lucas (No. 204 overall), Brandon Doughty (No. 223 overall), Thomas Duarte (No. 231 overall)
Day 1 grade: B
Day 2 grade: D
Day 3 grade: C+
Overall grade: C+

New England Patriots
Draft picks: Cyrus Jones (No. 60 overall), Joe Thuney (No. 78 overall), Jacoby Brissett (No. 91 overall), Vincent Valentine (No. 96 overall), Malcolm Mitchell (No. 112 overall), Kamu Grugier-Hill (No. 208 overall), Elandon Roberts (No. 214 overall), Ted Karras (No. 221 overall), Devin Lucien (No. 225 overall)
Day 1 grade: Incomplete
Day 2 grade: B
Day 3 grade: B
Overall grade: B

New York Jets
Draft picks: Darron Lee (No. 20 overall), Christian Hackenberg (No. 51 overall), Jordan Jenkins (No. 83 overall), Juston Burris (No. 118 overall), Brandon Shell (No. 158 overall), Lac Edwards (No. 235 overall), Charone Peake (No. 241 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: B+
Day 3 grade: B+
Overall grade: A-

I wonder though, is this just taking into account or picks and not what he had to trade to get them? Because we better damn well get an A when we traded 2 picks of next years draft to do it.

Out of the top four picks, at this point, I can only question the Drake pick. We had to take Tunsil. The decision was made for Grier & Tannenbaum. The Howard pick made sense from a need perspective and from a fit perspective. I love the Caroo pick. The QB talent he played with at Rutgers over the past few seasons was questionable at best. And there were plenty of games in the B1G this season where Caroo was the best player on the field. The young talent we now have at WR is exciting. The people comparing Caroo to Rishard Matthews are off base.

I'm not sure I agree with taking Drake in the 3rd round. I have a hard time seeing him as an every down back in the NFL. If he isn't an every down back, is he worth a 3rd round pick?

So for everyone ready to jump off a ledge seems as though the "experts" thought Miami did pretty good.
maybe, my biggest problem isn't what we drafted, it's the questionable moves to "get there" the seeminingly needless trading, wheeling and dealing, which for the most part seemed like we were doing for no reason at all. day three seems like a complete disaster as far as draft pick management, it would be hard to believe that we got better players in the 6th, and 7th than we could've gotten in the 5th.

Draft graders don't seem to ever include Alonso and Maxwell in the score. They are just as much a part of the draft as Tunsil or Howard.

Out of the top four picks, at this point, I can only question the Drake pick. We had to take Tunsil. The decision was made for Grier & Tannenbaum. The Howard pick made sense from a need perspective and from a fit perspective. I love the Caroo pick. The QB talent he played with at Rutgers over the past few seasons was questionable at best. And there were plenty of games in the B1G this season where Caroo was the best player on the field. The young talent we now have at WR is exciting. The people comparing Caroo to Rishard Matthews are off base.

I'm not sure I agree with taking Drake in the 3rd round. I have a hard time seeing him as an every down back in the NFL. If he isn't an every down back, is he worth a 3rd round pick?
Thanks Forksphin, this is exactly how I feel at the minute, it sounds like Drake isn't even a good runner, more of a pass catcher, and if so if Ajayi goes down are we screwed? The other three top picks two great and Howard mixed opinions on here so might work out well or not.

Back
Top Bottom