Draft grades from around the net | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft grades from around the net

Thanks Forksphin, this is exactly how I feel at the minute, it sounds like Drake isn't even a good runner, more of a pass catcher, and if so if Ajayi goes down are we screwed? The other three top picks two great and Howard mixed opinions on here so might work out well or not.
Bro need to see how the coaching staff can develop its players going forward. I think we are definitely in a better place than we were last year at this time. Have a great
weekend!

I also think if this offense starts clicking along with putting points on teh board and having sustained drives, it will make the defense better for it. Keep the faith!

Draft grades don't mean anything.

Last year Atlanta and Bmore got all the praise in the world. And than the season ended and all those great rookies that they drafted didn't do jack **** all season.

Thanks Forksphin, this is exactly how I feel at the minute, it sounds like Drake isn't even a good runner, more of a pass catcher, and if so if Ajayi goes down are we screwed? The other three top picks two great and Howard mixed opinions on here so might work out well or not.

This reminds me of Philbin and Lazor's offensive philosophy: ignore a strong running game because it's not important, and just pass, pass, and pass some more (short passes, of course)!

To me, none of this matters. But the 13th pick in the draft nailing us a starting CB, ILB, and pro owl LT is an A+. After the CB in the second, the rest is all Gase's vision for this offense, which will be high powered and up tempo, which was supposed to be what we were to get with sandbagger.

We are a pass first team no doubt now and we will be spread out with an offense that will sprinkle Bradylike trickery. That's how I look at this draft. Gase's fingerprint. Get ready for the deep ball, it's a comin! The draft picks givin up won't mean anything. You can always get them back, plus the picks teams were making showed the big picture lack of talent depth was obvious. Our guys obviously understood this and we got the guys we pinpointed to become an explosive offense.

How many A's did the pats get handed out even though they didn't have a 1st round pick?

Tunsil was such a miracle. That's going to slant every grade pretty heavily. We went into day 2 with an A+. To me our final grade is a D-.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...grades-32-grades-for-32-grades-but-only-one-a

Miami Dolphins

Best pick: They moved back form No. 8 to 13 in a trade with the Eagles earlier this offseason and still landed one of the top players in the draft in tackle Laremy Tunsil. Yes, he has some questions off the field but he is a dominant player.

Questionable move: Taking Tunsil is still a move that will be questioned. He will be watched closely in his first few years off the field.

Third-day gem: Sixth-round receiver Jakeem Grant is tiny, but he can fly. He might be able to add a speed threat to the offense, but especially as a return man.

Analysis: They landed four good players with their first four picks. In addition to Tunsil, they got corner Xavien Howard, running back Kenyan Drake and receiver Leante Carroo. That's a good haul for general manager Mike Tannenbaum and gang.

Grade: B+
Grier must feel like the runt of the litter. Even the press knows he is a puppet and just there for window dressing:rolleyes2:

To me, none of this matters. But the 13th pick in the draft nailing us a starting CB, ILB, and pro owl LT is an A+. After the CB in the second, the rest is all Gase's vision for this offense, which will be high powered and up tempo, which was supposed to be what we were to get with sandbagger.

We are a pass first team no doubt now and we will be spread out with an offense that will sprinkle Bradylike trickery. That's how I look at this draft. Gase's fingerprint. Get ready for the deep ball, it's a comin! The draft picks givin up won't mean anything. You can always get them back, plus the picks teams were making showed the big picture lack of talent depth was obvious. Our guys obviously understood this and we got the guys we pinpointed to become an explosive offense.

I'm always getting Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill messed up. Which one is our QB?

So we are going to try the Run & Shoot? I think defenses figured that one out 20 years ago.

This is going to be another season of defenses stuffing our scatback RBs and just getting after Tannehill. I see him having to go through another 50 sacks this season.

One part of the game plan against us will be "if Drake is in our back field, attack the QB".

I also think if this offense starts clicking along with putting points on teh board and having sustained drives, it will make the defense better for it. Keep the faith!

No question. Our offense needs to compliment our defense and vice-versa. Too many 3 and outs by this offense. A lot of it has had to do with a lack of aggression. With more creativity and bigger balls, we will improve a lot. I still can't help but question taking two WRs though. Especially what we gave up to draft Carroo.

Miami Dolphins

1 (13). Ole Miss T/G Laremy Tunsil
2 (38). Baylor CB Xavien Howard
3 (73). Alabama RB Kenyan Drake
3 (86). Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo
6 (186). Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant
6 (204). Penn State CB Jordan Lucas
7 (223). Western Kentucky QB Brandon Doughty
7 (231). UCLA TE Thomas Duarte

Overview: CB Byron Maxwell and LB Kiko Alonso are included in Miami's haul after they were acquired in a pre-draft trade with Philadelphia. At No. 13, Dolphins VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum happily stopped Tunsil's slide for a confusing and ultimately innocuous social media mishap. Miami traded up for Carroo, surrendering a sixth-rounder (186) plus third- and fourth-round picks in 2017 in exchange for No. 86. (That cost was quite high for a projected fourth receiver.) A press-man prospect, Howard should get a chance to start early for a Dolphins team in severe need of cornerback help. Sixth-rounder Lucas will also be auditioned at press corner after spending most of his time at safety for the Nittany Lions. Drake isn't a feature back candidate, but he should become a useful change-of-pace option behind Jay Ajayi. For me, 5-foot-6 Grant and non-NFL-prospect Doughty were throwaway picks. I did like the Duarte flyer late; a college wideout, Duarte averaged 16.8 yards per catch in his career at UCLA. Although this was an above-average class, the Dolphins' grade is lowered by their loss of second- and early third-day picks in next year's draft.

Grade: C

Rotoworld

It seems like the only people who have a problem with our draft are the uneducated, those notorious trolls, habitual downers who are complaining because of well, habit and didnt actually think critically about our picks, and the people who consistently bitch about giving up picks to move up(ok they are the only ones with at least some merit behind them.)

Back
Top Bottom