1 (13). Ole Miss T/G Laremy Tunsil
2 (38). Baylor CB Xavien Howard
3 (73). Alabama RB Kenyan Drake
3 (86). Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo
6 (186). Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant
6 (204). Penn State CB Jordan Lucas
7 (223). Western Kentucky QB Brandon Doughty
7 (231). UCLA TE Thomas Duarte

Overview: CB Byron Maxwell and LB Kiko Alonso are included in Miami's haul after they were acquired in a pre-draft trade with Philadelphia. At No. 13, Dolphins VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum happily stopped Tunsil's slide for a confusing and ultimately innocuous social media mishap. Miami traded up for Carroo, surrendering a sixth-rounder (186) plus third- and fourth-round picks in 2017 in exchange for No. 86. (That cost was quite high for a projected fourth receiver.) A press-man prospect, Howard should get a chance to start early for a Dolphins team in severe need of cornerback help. Sixth-rounder Lucas will also be auditioned at press corner after spending most of his time at safety for the Nittany Lions. Drake isn't a feature back candidate, but he should become a useful change-of-pace option behind Jay Ajayi. For me, 5-foot-6 Grant and non-NFL-prospect Doughty were throwaway picks. I did like the Duarte flyer late; a college wideout, Duarte averaged 16.8 yards per catch in his career at UCLA. Although this was an above-average class, the Dolphins' grade is lowered by their loss of second- and early third-day picks in next year's draft.

Grade: C

Rotoworld

2 years at corner and 1 year at safety.

Miami Dolphins

1 (13). Ole Miss T/G Laremy Tunsil
2 (38). Baylor CB Xavien Howard
3 (73). Alabama RB Kenyan Drake
3 (86). Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo
6 (186). Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant
6 (204). Penn State CB Jordan Lucas
7 (223). Western Kentucky QB Brandon Doughty
7 (231). UCLA TE Thomas Duarte

Overview: CB Byron Maxwell and LB Kiko Alonso are included in Miami's haul after they were acquired in a pre-draft trade with Philadelphia. At No. 13, Dolphins VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum happily stopped Tunsil's slide for a confusing and ultimately innocuous social media mishap. Miami traded up for Carroo, surrendering a sixth-rounder (186) plus third- and fourth-round picks in 2017 in exchange for No. 86. (That cost was quite high for a projected fourth receiver.) A press-man prospect, Howard should get a chance to start early for a Dolphins team in severe need of cornerback help. Sixth-rounder Lucas will also be auditioned at press corner after spending most of his time at safety for the Nittany Lions. Drake isn't a feature back candidate, but he should become a useful change-of-pace option behind Jay Ajayi. For me, 5-foot-6 Grant and non-NFL-prospect Doughty were throwaway picks. I did like the Duarte flyer late; a college wideout, Duarte averaged 16.8 yards per catch in his career at UCLA. Although this was an above-average class, the Dolphins' grade is lowered by their loss of second- and early third-day picks in next year's draft.

Grade: C

Rotoworld

Thanks UK. I added it to the first post.

Back
Top Bottom