Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG

I don't believe losing to NY puts us any higher as we would both be 3-11. The Giants would still be ahead of Miami since they have a lower SOS %. (.459 to .488).

What we need is for Washington to beat Philly and then we would jump from 4 to 3.

Keep winning

The End

The draft will fall the way it will and nobody can predict the movement that will happen day of. And is a total crap shoot as far as if a guy will work out, tons of 1st rounders flop and a lot of 2nd rounds and beyond succeed. You dont know which will no matter how hard you try.

FA is a different monster entirely, nobody will want to come do a total rebuild and a down and out squad with no promise of getting better (ala Bengals or Browns). We want a top flight DE or a high end OL or CB well we need to show development and a staff who is competent in order not to totally break the bank in a ridiculous capacity just to get a guy in here.

Lets say yes the Giants have no 1 and we have no 3/4, what would it take when talking points wise for picks, would we have to give up to get the no 1?

#4,21 and 61 and maybe a 4th/5th would be the minimum but with the wholes cincy has not sure they could even offer anywhere close they’d probably have to offer their 1st 2nd and maybe a 4th but giants would most likely like our multiple picks.

Could also do something like all 3 first but we get their 2nd back so we’d have #1,33,36,61,68 in the first 3 rounds

The best shot at getting Burrow is if we win. Not that I am endorsing that move, just food for thought to all who want Burrow. I personally like winning, call me crazy...

This is accurate. The most realistic way to get Burrow would be to beat the Giants and lose to Bengals. This would give NYG pick #1, who would be looking to trade to highest bidder for Burrow

This is accurate. The most realistic way to get Burrow would be to beat the Giants and lose to Bengals. This would give NYG pick #1, who would be looking to trade to highest bidder for Burrow
We would also have a leg up for a potential trade not being in their conference or division, we would most certainly have a leg up on Washington. We have more to offer than anyone else if they really wanted him. If Bengals pick first, they are taking him.

We would also have a leg up for a potential trade not being in their conference or division, we would most certainly have a leg up on Washington. We have more to offer than anyone else if they really wanted him. If Bengals pick first, they are taking him.

Right. We have the ammo to move up. I’m not thrilled about losing picks, but I’ll do it for Burrow. The key is making sure Cincy loses #1

I don't believe losing to NY puts us any higher as we would both be 3-11. The Giants would still be ahead of Miami since they have a lower SOS %. (.459 to .488).

What we need is for Washington to beat Philly and then we would jump from 4 to 3.

No one pointed this out until page 2?

I think everyone is forgetting one very important thing with beating the Giants to help them maybe get the #1 pick. If we win, we fall behind both Arizona and Detroit who also have only 3 wins, but with one tie. We would no longer be at #4 in all probability, making a trade up even more costly. Moving behind AZ and Detroit would not happen if both won on Sunday but that is unlikely. We would also tie Atlanta with 4 wins maybe costing another place in the draft. Not saying we should try loose, but thinking the beating NY is a better way to get Burrow is not what some think it will be.

Back
Top Bottom