Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG

Right. We have the ammo to move up. I’m not thrilled about losing picks, but I’ll do it for Burrow. The key is making sure Cincy loses #1
We wouldn't have to give up the farm if it were only for a few spots. Not saying it would be cheap but it wouldn't decimate our draft.

I think everyone is forgetting one very important thing with beating the Giants to help them maybe get the #1 pick. If we win, we fall behind both Arizona and Detroit who also have only 3 wins, but with one tie. We would no longer be at #4 in all probability, making a trade up even more costly. Moving behind AZ and Detroit would not happen if both won on Sunday but that is unlikely. We would also tie Atlanta with 4 wins maybe costing another place in the draft. Not saying we should try loose, but thinking the beating NY is a better way to get Burrow is not what some think it will be.
Even if we lose out we will not be in a position to draft him organically, we need help. The scenario that was laid out in all probability is the ONLY way we have a shot at getting him. Cincinnati has to drop from the top spot or it's over...

and we won't lose both, no way Cincy plays to beat us
Who's to say we play to beat them? But more realistically... both teams players will be trying to win. Do you think Andy Dalton gives a rat's poop about them getting the #1 pick? He could very ball out vs our secondary.

Who's to say we play to beat them? But more realistically... both teams players will be trying to win. Do you think Andy Dalton gives a rat's poop about them getting the #1 pick? He could very ball out vs our secondary.
Regardless, Cincy won't win, we are better coached and play with more passion. Just my observation

#4,21 and 61 and maybe a 4th/5th would be the minimum but with the wholes cincy has not sure they could even offer anywhere close they’d probably have to offer their 1st 2nd and maybe a 4th but giants would most likely like our multiple picks.

Could also do something like all 3 first but we get their 2nd back so we’d have #1,33,36,61,68 in the first 3 rounds

Value chart doesn't work if there are multiple bidders

We need to lose but at the same time Giants are freakin awful and I'd be disappointed if we lost. That's crazy I know but the team has made so much progress that a loss would seem like regression...even though we need it.

I expect us to win two more games...Giants and Bengals and we'd be picking around 7th if that happens. We lose out we probably pick anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

Giants just reported Engram and Ellison are out along with Zeitler, and they just cut Jenkins so they are down 2 TEs a starting G and CB.

I would love to see the Red Rocket get hot and win the last two games of the season. Not entirely impossible but probably not all that likely. They play @ Miami and home vs the Browns. No chance they beat NE this week.

Of course we have to lose out.

We need to lose but at the same time Giants are freakin awful and I'd be disappointed if we lost. That's crazy I know but the team has made so much progress that a loss would seem like regression...even though we need it.

I expect us to win two more games...Giants and Bengals and we'd be picking around 7th if that happens. We lose out we probably pick anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

2 to 4 gives us options (draft a good player or maybe move a spot etc). At like 7 .. seems real dicey.

Having that draft capital make us a target for giving up maybe more than we should or another team would to move, especially if we want a certain QB.

Have to play the wait game a little longer to evaluate the options- maybe even to see how the draft board goes even.

Keep winning

The End

The draft will fall the way it will and nobody can predict the movement that will happen day of. And is a total crap shoot as far as if a guy will work out, tons of 1st rounders flop and a lot of 2nd rounds and beyond succeed. You dont know which will no matter how hard you try.

FA is a different monster entirely, nobody will want to come do a total rebuild and a down and out squad with no promise of getting better (ala Bengals or Browns). We want a top flight DE or a high end OL or CB well we need to show development and a staff who is competent in order not to totally break the bank in a ridiculous capacity just to get a guy in here.

But it’s not a crap shoot

Back
Top Bottom