Draft Rumors Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors Thread

Bob McGinn defensive backs quotes.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Rating-the-NFL-draft-prospects-Defensive-backs-377161071.html

3. ELI APPLE, Ohio State (6-0 ½, 202, 4.39, 1): Third-year sophomore from Voorhees, N.J. "He got beat probably more than you want but he's got tremendous upside," said one scout. "He is too young (20) to be coming out but he is so you've got to project what he's going to be. I think he's going to be a pretty high-level starter." Started 27 games, finishing with 86 tackles (7 ½ for loss), 4 picks and 18 PBUs. "Some there (OSU) were worried he wouldn't break 4.6 and then popped the (4.39)," said another scout. "They were surprised he ran that well. I worry about him because of off-the-field issues. The kid has no life skills. At all. Can't cook. Just a baby. He's not first round for me. He scares me to death." Wonderlic was 21. "He probably has as much talent as anybody but he, like a lot of those Ohio State guys, is inconsistent," said a third scout. "He squats, and receivers run by him. He's more in catch-up mode than reaction mode. He bothers me a little bit."

5. WILLIAM JACKSON, Houston (6-0 ½, 187, 4.35, 1-2): Former junior-college player from Houston. "He had 22 PBUs this year," said one scout. "He's fast, physical, can play the ball, long arms (31 ¾). He starts for any team in the league. You might have one (on your team) better than him but you don't have two." Two-year starter with 115 tackles (three for loss), 8 picks and 40 PBUs. "Only negative is he's one of those guys that likes to put his hands on receivers downfield," another scout said. "He's got to stop that. He's really a good player." Wonderlic of 16. "I think he's too small," a third scout said. "Of all the corners, he's got really good ball skills. But his lean muscle mass is like 171 pounds, which is not good."

I don't know even know what that scout is talking About with the lean muscle mass comment.

7. ARTIE BURNS, Miami (6-0, 191, 4.44, 2): Third-year junior. "He's got everything you look for," said one scout. "I wouldn't call him a burner but he runs well. Great ball skills. He wasn't as physical this year. In (2014) he didn't have a problem with that. Kind of an enigma. He did go through a lot this year with his mom passing (died in October at age 44) and being the care provider for his brother and sister. There's a lot of upside." Had six interceptions in 2015, most by a Hurricane since FS Sean Taylor in 2003. Started 23 of 36 games, finishing with 93 tackles (three for loss), 7 picks and 14 PBUs. "He's for the press teams," another scout said. "He's only 20 years old and he's long and fast." Arms measured 33 ¼. "That's totally amazing," another scout said. "A guy like Albert Lewis ran 4.6 but played like a 4.5 because his arms were long. This guy played a lot of press. Very, very smooth." From Miami.

Love Burns, didn't realize he was also only 20. 2nd rnd seems like a stretch for him.

Bob McGinn defensive backs quotes.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Rating-the-NFL-draft-prospects-Defensive-backs-377161071.html

I don't know even know what that scout is talking About with the lean muscle mass comment.

Love Burns, didn't realize he was also only 20. 2nd rnd seems like a stretch for him.

Reference to body fat percentage. But then that equates to 8.5% which is perfectly healthy and appropriate for a professional athlete. :idk:

I see Burns and Apple as very similar players. Both have very good athletic ability and play press. Yet, both are too handsy, need A LOT of technical work and play poorly in space.

Reference to body fat percentage. But then that equates to 8.5% which is perfectly healthy and appropriate for a professional athlete. :idk:

I see Burns and Apple as very similar players. Both have very good athletic ability and play press. Yet, both are too handsy, need A LOT of technical work and play poorly in space.

I guess I kinda get that's it's a reference to body fat %, but how Would they even know that? None of those tests are accurate. Its just a weird thing for a scout to say I guess. His lean muscle mass is 171 lbs, I'm assuming that includes muscle and skeletal tissue?, and fluid? How would he even Know that? I mean, 3-4% of your fat is in your brain, ears, nose, etc. Is this scout trying to say he needs to lose fat? I don't get it...

I have apple and burns rated around the same place. I think burns has more upside, but apple is slightly more NFL ready. But it's by a very small gap that burns could close very quickly with good coaching.

Apple gets talked up as an aggressive physical player, but I don't see it, burns is legit physical and his ball skills, tackling, and desire to get involved in plays, is all far better than Apples IMO.

The only thing apple does better is mirroring, but that's a big one.

Also explains why that fraud Matt Miller is all over twitter basically swearing Stanely will be a charger. He saw Mayocks mock draft. I can't believe Miller has made a career out of this.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout Apr 26
I feel very good about Ronnie Stanley to San Diego.

:err:

Just read on BR that with Jacks free fall, Leonard Floyd will jump into the top 10. How crazy would that be..

Pretty damn good mock tbh.

Also explains why that fraud Matt Miller is all over twitter basically swearing Stanely will be a charger. He saw Mayocks mock draft. I can't believe Miller has made a career out of this.

Yeah, not bad, and Mayock tends to have good sources, so it's likely more accurate that most of the mocks we're seeing. On the VIP board, I posted my opinions:

Saw this, thoughts:

Still don't like Goff over Wentz.

Stanley (no offense, silver) over Tunsil is silly to me. I just don't see them as close prospects. Stanley is long, and he's pretty good technically, but I don't have him in my top 10. Very poor athlete for a top-10 pick.

I think Dallas should be more interested in Henry than Elliot. That's way too high for Elliot, anyway, and the depth at RB is pretty good in this draft. They'll likely have a shot at one of Henry or Dixon. Either looks much better toward the top of the 2nd than Elliot does in the top 5.

If Ramsey is there, the Jags should run up that card. Slam dunk pick.

Trade up to 6 for Tunsil would be a nice move for Tennesse - assuming the price is right (they keep most of their trade-down bounty). Would be a little surprised to see Baltimore pass on Tunsil, but I love their pick in the trade down, Doctson, and I think Mayock is right that he's the first WR off the board.

Buckner is boring AF to me, but he'd fit in SF better than any other team in the top 10. Not a Buckner fan. Like him in the late 1st/2nd range.

Bosa is solid at 8. Only a good overall athlete, but he has elite agility, and he plays with great core strength. He uses his hands well, and he plays to his strengths. Not as high on him as some, but I see him in this range.

I HATE the Leonard Floyd pick for Tampa Bay. Just gross. He's a good athlete, not great player, with very little production. I prefer his teammate, Jordan Jenkins. Career role player, with the potential to bust completely. Stay away from Floyd in the 1st RD.

Conklin to the Giants is solid. Conklin is a lot closer to Stanley than Stanley is to Tunsil.

Hargreaves is a great pick for Chicago. He and Fuller would be a good, young duo.

Rankins to the Saints works for me - as long as they're playing him as a 3-tech.

Players I'd prefer for Miami: Jack, Lee, Joseph, Ogbah, Doctson,

Jack (if healhty - IDK) would be a huge get for Oakland. Mack, Irvin, and Jack present a long of physicality and athleticism.

Docston is my #1 WR, and he'd be a great fit in Baltimore.

Decker is a 2nd/3rd RD OT to me. Short arms, 6'7, not a good athlete. He's not bad at all, but I don't like how he projects. I have Ifedi, Spriggs, Coleman, and Clark all comfortably ahead of Decker.

Lee is a slam-dunk, A+ pick for Atlanta. Might have been T. Riddick that said Lee would be like Bobby Wagner in Atlanta's D. He's better than some of the players in this top 10.

Ryan Kelly is a good Center. If the need is great enough, maybe he's your best option. I know Bill Polian would love this pick. Wouldn't shut up about him.

Nkemdiche is a great pick if you trust him.

Lynch is a good athlete, but - holy hell - what a dope. I think Awsi was ragging on his appearance on Gruden's QB Camp. I just saw a couple minutes, but it's justified. He also has longer than ideal arms for a QB.

Reed doesn't give me enough pass rush to like him in the 1st. Not a productive pass rusher, and no real upside in that area (limited athlete). He's stout, but I can get a 2-down player later.

Coleman's a good value in this range, and it's a toss-up between he and Treadwell for 2nd WR. Same size hands as Amari Cooper (9"), I don't see Coleman fully correcting his drop issue; however, he's an explosive athlete, and he knows how to use his burst to create separation. His timing and leaping ability allow him to high-point contest catches - despite his size. He creates much more separation, and if you need a HR threat, Coleman is your guy. He's the better compliment to Hopkins, and I'm glad to see them going Coleman over Fuller.

Treadwell is also a great pick for Minnesota. He and Doctson would play best to Bridgewater's strengths, and Treadwell could be a Michael Irving kind of target. He fits well in Minnesota's workmanlike offense.

I don't like Fuller this high. He's fast and smooth, but I think he's more of a 2nd RD WR. If you just need a Mike Wallace opposite AJ Green, I guess Fuller makes sense. He's a good player, but I don't see the physicality necessary to thrive as anything but a Ted Ginn/Mike Wallace style WR. Fuller also has 8.25" hands. Tiny. At least Andy Dalton doesn't throw hard.

Good spot for Apple. As a late 1st, it won't be a big deal if he doesn't win the starting CB spot Day 1. Pittsburgh's D is on the rise anyway, if it can stay healthy, so he should benefit from that, too.

Don't see Seattle liking Robinson. Not their kind of guy. Ifedi or Ogbah would make sense here.

GB looks like an ideal fit for Ragland. He should be ready to play Day 1, and he'd allow Matthews to kick outside. Don't think he'll ever be a great player, but he should reach his potential quickly.

I'm not 1st-RD high on WJ3 or A. Burns. I get the picks, but I don't love them.

Dodd over Ogbah is a catastrophe.

Karl Joseph shouldn't be on the board - unless injury concerns drive him further than expected. Great pick for Denver. He'd be perfect in that D - or just about any D.

Guys that might break into the 1st: Ogbah, Ifedi, Spriggs, Clark, Mike Thomas, Sterling Sheppard, Henry, Dixon (super surprise), Hunter Henry, Vernon Butler, Jonathan Bullard, Javon Hargrave.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?375223-Mayock-Mock

Pretty damn good mock tbh.

I've found Miller to be among the better media draftniks out there. He has connections to teams and players and he tweeted about Stanley to the Chargers a day before Mayock even put out his mock. For info from teams, sure Mayock is better, but from a talent evaluation standpoint Miller beats him and a lot of the other draft media types and I follow several on Twitter.

Don't like his content? Ok, sure. Is he a fraud? Ha ha, not even close.

Just heard Dan Patrick on the radio a few minutes ago saying there's strong rumor that some team is talking with Dallas about trading up to #4 to draft QB Paxton Lynch.

Just heard Dan Patrick on the radio a few minutes ago saying there's strong rumor that some team is talking with Dallas about trading up to #4 to draft QB Paxton Lynch.

Somebody is hitting the panic button, if true. And the next 10 or so teams will be the benefactors. PLEASE be true because trading to the 5th spot would be SO MUCH MORE INTRIGUING.

Imagine the implications of someone trading into the 4th to draft Paxton Lynch AND Chargers select Staley..... imagine with me if you will....

1. Goff
2. Wenz
3. Staley
4. Lynch

That leaves Ramsey and Tunsil sitting at 5.

Anybody want to trade up ... now? :)

Somebody is hitting the panic button, if true. And the next 10 or so teams will be the benefactors. PLEASE be true because trading to the 5th spot would be SO MUCH MORE INTRIGUING.

Imagine the implications of someone trading into the 4th to draft Paxton Lynch AND Chargers select Staley..... imagine with me if you will....

1. Goff
2. Wenz
3. Staley
4. Lynch

That leaves Ramsey and Tunsil sitting at 5.

Anybody want to trade up ... now? :)

Kinda weird what I heard on the radio because I just saw this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/28/late-word-emerges-of-a-paxton-lynch-free-fall/

Back
Top Bottom