Draft Rumors | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

Frank Clark has supposedly been impressing teams in interviews. He has owned up to what he did, has shown remorse, and has stated he is and will do whatever it takes to show that his incident was a one time thing.

3 teams in the top 10 supposedly have Andrus Peat ranked ahead of Brandon Scherff.

There is a silent buzz that Kevin Johnson could be a top 10 pick.

Frank Clark has supposedly been impressing teams in interviews. He has owned up to what he did, has shown remorse, and has stated he is and will do whatever it takes to show that his incident was a one time thing.

3 teams in the top 10 supposedly have Andrus Peat ranked ahead of Brandon Scherff.

There is a silent buzz that Kevin Johnson could be a top 10 pick.

I noticed Frank Clark making a big jump in my rankings every week. Would not surprise me if he went as early as the 4th round.

Any movement on the USC DB kid who lied about jumping into a pool to save his nephew? Josh Shaw was it? Could imagine him making a move if the rest of his background checks out. Struck me as a stupid one-off incident at the time, but i don't know any more than that. He was a decent player his junior season anyway.

I don't have a link, but B/R reported that there is believed to be a bidding war between San Diego and Philly for the #2 draft pick in order to snag Mariota.

And the Browns are going to offer their 2 1st rounders in order to move up to #2 for Mariota.

I finally saw Gruden's quarterback camp with Mariota. Talk about a mixed bag. Mariota was miles the worst they've ever had in the introductory segment. No effort at all. Gruden said Mariota was on the verge of putting him to sleep with all the one-word answers. IMO, Gruden really should have taken it further than that. This show has been on the air for years as a known quantity. Invariably the player is familiar with the format and is enthusiastic to be there. Mariota acted like he was being charged with a crime and didn't want to divulge anything. Unfortunately the pre draft coverage in general is overly happy talk so there is very little criticism, which Mariota deserved in bunches.

On the other hand, once they got to the practice field Mariota looked incredibly smooth, natural and effective. Larger than my impression of him. Maybe he'll come out of his shell once he matures and becomes more comfortable with the spotlight. But if he's drafted into a major city with heavy media pressure and expectations, they're going to go nuts at Mariota's lack of material for them.

The point about Manziel being small is a good one. Every year some of these guys look different in pro uniforms than in college. I never know who it's going to be. Manziel in his few appearances seemed small and limited. His arm isn't great to begin with. Release gets lower all the time. Teams took away his roll outs left, which he prefers. With Manziel it's more about upping his game to fit the pro level than dealing with the off field issues.

Gruden said today Mariota should be #1

"Jon Gruden says that Mariota does everything a quarterback needs to do, and should be viewed as the top player in the draft.

“I don’t understand why [Mariota] isn’t the No. 1 player in this draft on Mel Kiper’s Big Board,” Gruden said, via Rotoworld.

Gruden disagrees with those who think Mariota is a product of Oregon’s offense and not a fit for the NFL.

“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.” The former Bucs coach points out that Mariota is the same size as Jameis Winston but runs 4.52 forty. He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4.”

Interesting.

Gruden said today Mariota should be #1

"Jon Gruden says that Mariota does everything a quarterback needs to do, and should be viewed as the top player in the draft.

“I don’t understand why [Mariota] isn’t the No. 1 player in this draft on Mel Kiper’s Big Board,” Gruden said, via Rotoworld.

Gruden disagrees with those who think Mariota is a product of Oregon’s offense and not a fit for the NFL.

“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.” The former Bucs coach points out that Mariota is the same size as Jameis Winston but runs 4.52 forty. He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4.”

Interesting.

ummmmm.... oregon really doesnt run much pro style offense... Mariota also never makes calls in the huddle, nor make a few calls to change too in huddles... he looks to sideline and reacts to space his WRs get open in. Mariota also isnt overly accurate of a QB. he has his issues!!!

and with speed, yes he is more athletic than Winston. But Winston definitely comes from a pro-style offense, where he thrives in the pocket. he can sit in, step up and absorb hits. he can make the throws, and is he can be elusive in the NFL... he will be fine. Big Ben???? he just needs to be decisive, and make better decisions, which might mean not throwing to the #1 if in trouble, or locked in on. he needs to learn.

Well there are more and more people saying Mariota sees the field better than Winston.

Davante Parker allegedly has been telling people close to him he wants to be a Dolphin

ummmmm.... oregon really doesnt run much pro style offense... Mariota also never makes calls in the huddle, nor make a few calls to change too in huddles... he looks to sideline and reacts to space his WRs get open in. Mariota also isnt overly accurate of a QB. he has his issues!!!

and with speed, yes he is more athletic than Winston. But Winston definitely comes from a pro-style offense, where he thrives in the pocket. he can sit in, step up and absorb hits. he can make the throws, and is he can be elusive in the NFL... he will be fine. Big Ben???? he just needs to be decisive, and make better decisions, which might mean not throwing to the #1 if in trouble, or locked in on. he needs to learn.

Agree with what you have written here - have no idea why the current media fascination with MM over Winston. Winston clearly the better pro-ready prospect by a long way.

Well there are more and more people saying Mariota sees the field better than Winston.

Davante Parker allegedly has been telling people close to him he wants to be a Dolphin

The see the field stuff is because of the Winston interceptions, but if you actually look at the tape of his interceptions last year a lot were because of poor routes run by recievers/TEs. Winston has been playing in a pro-style offence with not much talent, whereas MM has played with a ton of talent but in a college style offence.

Agree with what you have written here - have no idea why the current media fascination with MM over Winston. Winston clearly the better pro-ready prospect by a long way.

media got bored? nothing else to talk about these two for a long time? just realized that Winston actually threw a bunch of INT's and started to think on that???? who knows... media can get stupid sometimes!!!

:lol:

Teams are trying their best to entice Tampa to take Mariota at #1. All hell breaks loose if Jameis is still on the board after the first pick.

Parker is still my guy. Best choice for Miami (of the available potential options I forsee).

Back
Top Bottom