Draft Value: Trading 5 for 3 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Value: Trading 5 for 3

Food for thought: although the Skins may covet Chase Young they apparently do not have a 2nd rounder in this draft due to a trade with Indy last year. If they are indeed a franchise whose owner calls the shots (and we all know they are) and that owner has already signed on to Haskins as the franchise QB for the foreseeable future, wouldn't a new regime want a significant haul of top picks to remake one of the worst rosters in football? Two 1sts and a 2nd could (and should) be enough of a bonanza to entice them to drop three spots.

I also just can't believe that either Washington or Detroit would select some other trade partner further down the pecking order who would be offering a package containing future picks when they can get a higher initial pick now and extra high picks, also right now. Don't believe the Lions - in win-now mode - care about picks next year. They'll want their extra picks in this draft.

We can do this, and we don't need to mortgage the farm. Forego the hysterics. Set your bottom line, then stick to it.

Spectacular sig.

I have to go all the way back to last year to find an example. Montez Sweat. It was leaked he was gonna drop and he did drop because of the heart condition. He was projected as a top ten pick. Fell to 26.
Good example.

Refresh my memory. Did that come out at the combine, or before.

You dont want Tua. We get it. You dont have to go out of your way to put a negative spin on everything that is Tua related. That's all you do in these threads. Everything has been positive so far. Sure something could come out negative. I think everyone understands that.

Oh, please. All he's done is remained levelheaded which the I Love You Tuas haven't even come close to doing.

He's able to look at both sides.

All reports are positive. Seeing as I'd like Tua to be a Dolphin, It makes me happy.

All reports are positive. Seeing as I don't want to give up a ransom to go get him, it makes me extremely nervous.

And the simple, so simple a kindergartener could understand it, fact is he took a big ouchy. In a sport that brings a slight ouchy with each hit, will the big ouchy hold up and for how long?

The situation requires a whirlwind of feelings, options, reports, concerns, contemplation, and not just a one way hurricane of Tua or bust.

IT is that simple.

Just do not trade up

How do you pass up on Tua if it costs you peanuts to move up? To me, if cheap and I do mean CHEAP, I have to take the gamble.

He scares me all to heck but it says a lot about a player that even with all these injuries, the football world is having discussions about a possible trade up. That has to account for something. Give these injuries to Burrow and Hebert and I think they are both dropping without discussion.

Many a QB with less to worry about have fallen.

The pushing of agendas come from the Tua zealots. Come on. That is fact. You have posters with Tua avatars and signatures in discussions as if they even belong in them given their extreme bias. How do you have a balanced conversation with a poster like that?

Falling to the 2nd round is preposterous.

Firstly read the original post and my response to it. Where the hell am I talking about is there a likelihood that Tua will fall. The original poster is complaining that folks are being overly positive about Tua's health status, when there have been zero negative reports coming out, none, nothing, zilch. All reports we've seen and have been privy to, show the kid making great strides and being ahead of schedule, it's gotten to the point where it's a bit of a concern for us, because that puts the price up and increases the market for him. Why wouldn't posters be positive about that ?

A little reading comprehension would help here dude, this isn't about pro or anti Tua. This is clearly someone with an anti Tua stance , who's clutching at any straw he can get to protect his position by belittling folks that have only read positive stuff on a player's progression.

The anti Tua crowd, you could argue and I will, are even more difficult to debate with because they continually knock the the idea of picking or trading up for the guy without offering up an alternative that fixes this teams most important hole. They won't put their name behind picking Herbert, Love or Eason or Fromm or signing up for another throwaway season in order to get Lawrence or Fields next year. They don't do that because they know those plans are full of gaping wide holes. It's all build the lines, we've got so many holes we need all our draft picks, but none of that will matter until you sort out QB.

The 2nd round fall, was not something I suggested, again let's try to read before firing off.

Come on due, we simply can't afford to miss out on another Charles Harris, Jason Allen, Jared Odrick or hell even a Juwan James or Minka Fitzpatrick, because all thouse guys changed the narrative for this franchise ! :p

Firstly read the original post and my response to it. Where the hell am I talking about is there a likelihood that Tua will fall. The original poster is complaining that folks are being overly positive about Tua's health status, when there have been zero negative reports coming out, none, nothing, zilch. All reports we've seen and have been privy to, show the kid making great strides and being ahead of schedule, it's gotten to the point where it's a bit of a concern for us, because that puts the price up and increases the market for him. Why wouldn't posters be positive about that ?

A little reading comprehension would help here dude, this isn't about pro or anti Tua. This is clearly someone with an anti Tua stance , who's clutching at any straw he can get to protect his position by belittling folks that have only read positive stuff on a player's progression.

The anti Tua crowd, you could argue and I will, are even more difficult to debate with because they continually knock the the idea of picking or trading up for the guy without offering up an alternative that fixes this teams most important hole. They won't put their name behind picking Herbert, Love or Eason or Fromm or signing up for another throwaway season in order to get Lawrence or Fields next year. They don't do that because they know those plans are full of gaping wide holes. It's all build the lines, we've got so many holes we need all our draft picks, but none of that will matter until you sort out QB.

The 2nd round fall, was not something I suggested, again let's try to read before firing off.

His saying of dropping to 2nd is preposterous. That's what he wrote. I didn't put that on you. How in the world do you think I was putting that on you?

Then write that more clearer next time.

No, dude. That's on you. And don't take it as a slight its just true that your rant on reading was pure hypocrisy.

You were so inflammed you just replied out of thin air.

The fact that you took me accusing you of something you didn't even write shows the blindness that you accused me of about reading.

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

And you couldn't even reply with a my bad. You had to reply with arms crossed, stomping your foot in a huff.

Something obviously triggered you.

Come on due, we simply can't afford to miss out on another Charles Harris, Jason Allen, Jared Odrick or hell even a Juwan James or Minka Fitzpatrick, because all thouse guys changed the narrative for this franchise ! :p

I mean if you can guarantee talent like that by keeping all 14 picks then boy sign me up :wtf

No, dude. That's on you. And don't take it as a slight its just true that your rant on reading was pure hypocrisy.

You were so inflammed you just replied out of thin air.

The fact that you took me accusing you of something you didn't even write shows the blindness that you accused me of about reading.

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

And you couldn't even reply with a my bad. You had to reply with arms crossed, stomping your foot in a huff.

Something obviously triggered you.

Yeah you posting absolute garbage.

How do you pass up on Tua if it costs you peanuts to move up? To me, if cheap and I do mean CHEAP, I have to take the gamble.

He scares me all to heck but it says a lot about a player that even with all these injuries, the football world is having discussions about a possible trade up. That has to account for something. Give these injuries to Burrow and Hebert and I think they are both dropping without discussion.

The "football world?" I've seen rumors what teams MIGHT do. I've seen no firm documentation of any team making an effort to move up. You know, smokescreen and all that.

Back
Top Bottom