Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special

Enter the zebras with their little yellow shields...

Seriously, half the hits I've seen Mallett take I keep thinking to myself, that would be illegal in the NFL. They would flag that.

yeah 15 yard penalties i understand but my qbs legs ripped off cause they're exposed too much concerns me...again though just thinking out loud here...nothing i would say not gonna take him due to...

I've seen Dan Marino tear his achilles without even being touched. I've seen an athletic beast with tree trunks for legs like Daunte Culpepper annihilate all 3 ligaments in his knee scrambling for a 1st down. I've seen Carson Palmer and Tom Brady get their knees blown out by standing firmly in the pocket and having a guy launch at their knees...

If you're going to get injured, you're going to get injured... Mallett will be protected in the NFL more than he ever was in the SEC.

yeah... true

I just really think that the way the NFL is going they're making it all very QB friendly. And people try and figure out do the changes favor mobile guys that can make more plays with their feet, or the immobile guys because they can stay in the pocket and not get hit. I say, it favors both. More and more it's going to come down to who your QB is and who the other guy's QB is and which one makes more plays.

Rob Rang and the NFL Draft Scout guys.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632241

They're good people and they traffic through so much information on so many players, oversights happen. I think I even know how it happened. If you manage to find Mallett's official Arkansas bio page there's no mention of his being a team captain two years in a row. But they do mention it on other players' bio pages like DeMarcus Love.

But so many people pay attention to what they write and the information they gather, it's just funny how many places that bit of disinformation flowed through to, and I only just caught wind of it yesterday.

Without getting into another Saban debate.. this just proves my point about journalists, their "information", and how they gather it. Just because a journalist prints it doesn't make it even close to what the truth is...

I've sat in the south endzone of BDS and watched Ryan Mallett walk out onto the field for the coin-toss with the captains in 2009 with my own eyeballs...

I'll always take what I KNOW over anything anybody else THINKS they know...

Clearly there are a lot of people floating around out there that are thinking wait a gosh darn minute I could swear I've seen Mallett marching out with the captains...but those people haven't got in touch with the NFL Draft Scout people. Anyway, someone asked me about it yesterday saying he was never a captain and I was like, of course he's a captain. Did a little digging, crossed my t's and dotted my i's to make sure we were right about it...figured it deserved going in the piece.

of course...if nfl teams are coming back with similar off field findings as you guys what in the world makes any of you think he'll be there at #15??? he's the best pure passer in the draft...breathtaking vertical throws

In the second video in the play that starts at the 1:25 mark Mallet makes one of those throws that I'm confident only Aaron Rodgers and maybe Tom Brady could make. It's just unreal.

I have seen a lot of people suggest that we trade back and take Mallet late in the first round. I have to disagree. Depending on where we trade back to Seattle might pick before us and the Bengals are within trade up range. I am not willing to risk losing this guy in order to gain a 2nd round pick. Pick #15 with pick #15!!!!!!! If we don't we'll be cursed for 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!

i've seen mallet make throws to the sideline from the center of the field against cover 2 that i'm not sure any qbs in the nfl can make...in stride before the safety arrives rockets...rediculous throwing arm

****ing beast.

I like this kid better than I liked Matt Ryan coming out in 08. If Mallett is still there at 15 its a ****ing steal. Best QB in this entire draft by far. On top of that he has the skills to come in and start right away.

Great article CK, Simon, and Rich.

When "Miami on the clock" is said aloud at the end of April, I really, really hope that Ponder or Mallett is the person we see smiling with a phone in their hand.

CK - Many thanks to you and Boomer for keeping us going throughout the years with the work and dedication put into these reports and assessments.

I really think Mallett is worth the call and its time that we put stock in finding that franchise QB

i don't know if its in the mallet info you guys did or not cause so far i've only read the off field stuff cause i wanted to see if you guys had any real dirt but christian ponder had a really high red zone td to int rate i wanna say 16 to 1 or something like that on your ponder breakdown do we know what mallets red zone td to int rate has been the last 2 years at arkansas and in the bar none toughest conference in college football???

cause we need to score tds in the red zone and chad henne can't do it...the o goes stale when the field condenses under henne

Gentleman, Tuesday's are becoming an absolute highlight of my week. Really appreciate the work you put in to educate guys like me whose interest in college football doesn't equal their passion for the Dolphins. Just to clarify, are you all (CK, Simon, and Richard) all in agreement that both Mallett and Ponder are worthy of the 15th pick? If so, this draft will go a long way in cementing my opinion of this regime. Thanks again for the good work.

Yeah, don't get it twisted, taking Mallett at 15 is gonna take some nads because the so called "experts" aren't in agreement that Mallett is worthy of the pick. Just wait til every week we have to hear from Omar how passing on Ingram for Mallett was a mistake. Fight the Power!

Back
Top Bottom