Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special

I'm very glad to see you guys getting the recognition you deserve. It has to be a good feeling. I don't agree with every take and stance obviously but I'm very happy for all of you. And it's good to see that quality work still gets recognition for what it is and is passed around among those who are interested in more than sound bites.

It would be unnerving to write one on Jake Locker -- assuming it would be negative -- now knowing there's a good chance he'd get a hold of it and it could be discussed on a national radio show.

Yeah I know. That's honestly why I haven't pushed the idea yet. We'd tear him apart like a rabid wolfpack. It'd be awful. Richard has just got done doing a bunch of his film work on Jake and he wants to stick knitting needles in his eyes. I just don't know if we need that kind of negativity attached to us at this very early stage of our getting out there into the national spotlight.

Actually, I'd rather cut my balls off with a piece of cardboard.

CK,Boomer,Richard have you guys ever herd if anyone from inside the Dolphins reads your stuff. I know they spend lots of money and time looking into these guys but your stuff is really in depth. wouldnt surprise me that they wouldnt at least give it a read after hearing about it. You have to admit, that article was a lot more than you get off Kiper or Mayock even though I enjoy listening to both those guys.

It's possible. I would have said no a month or two ago, but I'd also not have thought that guys like Cam Newton, George Whitfield, people around Ryan Mallett, Dan Patrick, Evan Silva, etc would have read our stuff...but I know they have.

So it's definitely possible.

Congrats on the increased exposure. I've seen your pieces get picked up by GBN Draft report as well.

Are you guys going to start updating your Universaldraft site? I'm surprised you don't post your work there or do you offer the Sun-Sentinel the Draft Winds content?

Congrats on the increased exposure. I've seen your pieces get picked up by GBN Draft report as well.

Are you guys going to start updating your Universaldraft site? I'm surprised you don't post your work there or do you offer the Sun-Sentinel the Draft Winds content?

We've been kind of going with the Sun Sentinel stuff...mostly because we suck with websites.

It's also called a job. A wife and in some cases kids too.

I'll get the site done today or tomorrow.

One reason we are behind with the site, is that I had a family health issue that kind of threw a wrench into the works.

Let us know if you are booked to appear on radio somewhere. I'm thrilled for you that this is getting some national attention.

Btw CK, I finally got around to some Gabbert film, talk about phantom pressure...sheesh.

Btw CK, I finally got around to some Gabbert film, talk about phantom pressure...sheesh.

He represents what I was talking about with some guys being coached like you were saying to operate with that clock in their head. In Pinkel's offense, uncovering was core tenet among the WRs and the passing offense. Break the pocket, buy more time, get the WRs to execute scramble drill rules and uncover. The crappy part is you don't know how Gabbert's going to react if he's asked to not bail on the pocket so quickly and methodically.

Let us know if you are booked to appear on radio somewhere. I'm thrilled for you that this is getting some national attention.

Have a radio appearance with WINZ 940 AM in Miami tomorrow at 5:15pm EST with Jesse Agler, Keith Sims and Troy Drayton. Only about 10 minutes but it should be cool.

The crappy part is you don't know how Gabbert's going to react if he's asked to not bail on the pocket so quickly and methodically.

Absolutely. I've never in my life heard of a system where a quarterback was coached to continuously leave a perfectly fine pocket and run directly towards the sideline. If that's what Pinkel is coaching his quarterbacks to do, I'd have serious reservations about drafting a QB from that type of "system" in any round. Chase Daniel didn't even do it at Missouri in the same system...

Pocket poise is based on instinct and innate feel. Good luck coaching that into a kid once he's in the NFL...

There's not a single elite quarterback in the NFL that struggles with pocket awareness, it's an immediate career killer.

Gabbert looks like a guy who's been sacked 60 times from the way he completely loses his bearings at even the slightest hint of pressure. He's leaving the pocket when there's only 3 guys rushing as if there's 15 guys coming clean...

A quarterback in the NFL has to be able to deal with pressure, whether it's perceived or real...

Real pressure doesn't even have to get to him if he's not dealing with the perceived pressure first...

I like a lot of the things Gabbert brings to the table when he's throwing in rhythm, but he also has some real obstacles in front of him to avoid being a flat out bust, especially if he goes to a bad football team.

Gabbert reminds me so much of Heath Shuler it's downright mysterious....

absolutely fantastic article. i was hesitant at first to read it, though only because the idea of taking mallett is growing on me and this team has so often disappointed us all when it comes to the quarterback position.

Back
Top Bottom