Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Winds - Ryan Mallett Special

For what it's worth, DraftAce and Al Fronczak are reputable mock drafters that have scored very well in The Huddle Report's mock draft scoring in the past. I believe DraftAce might have even been #1 out of like 99 entrants last year, and Fronczak may have been #1 in a previous year.

excellent read, as usual. now all we can do is cross our fingers and hope he slides to 15 ... or gets busted blasting rails in the back of some skeezy titty bar and slides to rd 4.

I have been all in for Mallet in the draft for awhile but I have a very bad feeling this FO won't select him. Based on the Daboli hiring and the statements by Sparano about wanting a more mobile QB by extending the plays Ponder would be a more likely target. However I can see a scenario where we trade down and miss on Ponder and Mallet and are forced to chose from the 2nd tier QBs like we always do which makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

I have been all in for Mallet in the draft for awhile but I have a very bad feeling this FO won't select him. Based on the Daboli hiring and the statements by Sparano about wanting a more mobile QB by extending the plays Ponder would be a more likely target. However I can see a scenario where we trade down and miss on Ponder and Mallet and are forced to chose from the 2nd tier QBs like we always do which makes me want to puke just thinking about it.
You mean 2nd tier QBs like Beck,white and maybe Henne. pass me the barf bag when your done.

Just to shout out to my colleagues - this article was just mentioned on the Dan Patrick Show. Ryan Mallett was a guest and was asked if he had seen the article by Patrick.

Gotta say, well done to Chris and Simon.........no pressure on me for next week. No pressure at all.

If the character concerns on Mallett are truly overblown and he truly isn't going to fall after all then the team I think would be most likely to take him at the top of the first round isn't the Cardinals, it's the Titans. Mallett's downfield style fits their offense and their receivers really well and I can think of no one better to teach Mallett how to be an NFL player than the NFL player who most resembles him -- Kerry Collins.

I'm still not a fan of Mallett. Based purely on football talent, he probably is a high floor kind of guy. But I see too many flaws in his game for the two elite things he brings to the table -- height and arm strength -- to overcome. I doubt he'll ever been an elite or probably even a very good player.

Just to shout out to my colleagues - this article was just mentioned on the Dan Patrick Show. Ryan Mallett was a guest and was asked if he had seen the article by Patrick.

Gotta say, well done to Chris and Simon.........no pressure on me for next week. No pressure at all.

Did they discuss the article? What was said? Very curious. Anyway, that's ****ing amazing and more than well deserved.

http://danpatrick.directv.com.edgesuite.net/Podcast/DP-Hr2_03-31-2011_stream.mp3

About 1/6th of the way thru the broadcast, Dan Patrick has been ranting about how all these "draft experts" that move guys up and down their boards, he's not buying that anything new is happening he just thinks that they're only finally getting round to watching the tape and doing the work on these guys and that's why they go up and down, very word-of-mouth. He's been talking about how Ryan Mallett is being viewed as a 2nd round pick by everyone but heading into this year wasn't he like top QB on most peoples' boards? What's going on? He goes on to cite our piece as basically having the REAL poop on Mallett.

Dan Patrick said:
But now you're seeing, and I just saw this profile of him. And it was detailed, ten thousand words. It detailed him, "Is he a leader? Is he not a leader?". "Does he have a sense of humor? Doesn't have a sense of humor?". You know, "Off the field...", ya know "He's not fast...", "He can throw it...", "He's tall...". But, it broke down everything. You would have thought that they talked to the guy that sold him his bike when he was 9. They talked to just about ever- ball boy at Michigan, so they're breaking this down. But he's a 2nd round pick, and maybe the Bengals- I think the Bengals are now realizing what I told you guys a long time ago: Carson Palmer is not kiddin'. He wants out of Cincinnati, there's no joke there. And I think now they're realizing, they gotta get a quarterback...

Yesterday on Gino's show on WQAM, Mallett said that he's scheduled to visit 49ers, Dolphins and then Boston.

Today on Dan Patrick show, he said he is scheduled to visit 49ers, Dolphins, and another team he can't really talk about.

I swear every time I listen to Mallett speak it's eerie how I keep thinking that it's my buddy Ross who is from the same area in Texas. People keep saying "wigger" or whatever but that's just not it at all. It's an accent from that area of Texas. My friend Ross would never, ever be confused for a gangsta hip hop guy. Ever. And listening to Mallett call in somewhere, I swear I'm on the phone with Ross. Maybe subconsciously that's why I like the guy so much, lol.

Dan Patrick & Ryan Mallett said:
Dan Patrick: "I'm looking- Did you see the profile yesterday in the Sun Sentinel in Florida?"

Ryan Mallett: "Say it again?"

Dan Patrick: "There was an article yesterday, it was a profile on you in the Florida Sun Sentinel. It was ten thousand words, looking at everything you've done since High School. I mean, they broke down everything, looked at your...you know, Football...looked at your, Off the Field...On the Field...everything. Sense of humor. Now, did you see this?

Ryan Mallett: "I heard a little bit about it, but I didn't see it though."

Dan Patrick: "Are you- But how concerned is that when you read these things about what these teams are asking other people about you."

Ryan Mallett: "You know, that's their job is to find out everything they can know about you, and it's an investment for them. So, you know anything they can find out is what they're gonna do."

Dan Patrick: "But how personal should a team get?"

Ryan Mallett: "You know, that's not really for me to say. It depends on the situation, I think. You know, I don't think many lines are being crossed. I think there might have been one or two throughout the years. But, I think other than that they respect the person's privacy, but they know what you're doin'."

It goes on some more but that's the only part where Dan Patrick mentions us during the interview with Mallett.

I'm very glad to see you guys getting the recognition you deserve. It has to be a good feeling. I don't agree with every take and stance obviously but I'm very happy for all of you. And it's good to see that quality work still gets recognition for what it is and is passed around among those who are interested in more than sound bites.

It would be unnerving to write one on Jake Locker -- assuming it would be negative -- now knowing there's a good chance he'd get a hold of it and it could be discussed on a national radio show.

Back
Top Bottom